I'm angry.

SteveTheCynic

W T F kind of bonus is this HK weapon set? Blaster Pistol, Sniper Rifle, Vibrosword.

Where's an HBG for my Commando? (Recurring theme. BBA weapons, I'm looking at you lot. I'd love a BBA heavy bowcaster that carries like an HBG.)

Will the vibrosword show in Lana's hands in cut-scenes? (Somehow, I doubt it.)

And for my Operative, when he eventually makes it, what about an actual factual Blaster Rifle?

And for my Shadow and/or my Assassin, when they make it, where's the Double-bladed sabre?

But of course all of the "when he makes it" characters are on hold waiting for romance and other bug fixes.

And before you say it, yeah, I know, pistol for Kaliyo, Sniper Rifle for Aric, Sword for the Guardian Outlander. Bah. My favourite Outlander can't use any of those weapons.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

W T F kind of bonus is this HK weapon set? Blaster Pistol, Sniper Rifle, Vibrosword.

Where's an HBG for my Commando? (Recurring theme. BBA weapons, I'm looking at you lot. I'd love a BBA heavy bowcaster that carries like an HBG.)

Will the vibrosword show in Lana's hands in cut-scenes? (Somehow, I doubt it.)

And for my Operative, when he eventually makes it, what about an actual factual Blaster Rifle?

And for my Shadow and/or my Assassin, when they make it, where's the Double-bladed sabre?

But of course all of the "when he makes it" characters are on hold waiting for romance and other bug fixes.

And before you say it, yeah, I know, pistol for Kaliyo, Sniper Rifle for Aric, Sword for the Guardian Outlander. Bah. My favourite Outlander can't use any of those weapons.

I know what you mean, that was my first thought on this months 'sub reward' there is no point in releasing half a set, you either release a weapon type for all classes or you don't do it at all.

If the sword is to repesent the outlander its stupid as only hardly any classes can make use of it (4? knight, warrior, sage and sorc???)

Edited by Jedi_riches

I also had a crazy thought looking at the announcement of Chapter XII - I'm up against some dude called Valkorion who's going to be a hard nut to crack. But there's some guy in my head who keeps offering me power to use against heavy enemies.

I wonder if he'll help me against Valkorion... :eek::cool::rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03::p

...unless you plan to release the other half in the following month.

While I would not put it past them it would be cheating really having 2 weapon rewards split over a few months it would be a major cop out and would anger quite a few people by doing so.

Who cares how angry you are I don't.

BW are under no obligation to offer you any free stuff what's so ever.

Before 4.0 you got what 1 free gift a year on the anniversary. If you are angry about getting free stuff OP shame on you.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

BW are under no obligation to you any free stuff what's so ever.

Before 4.0 you got what 1 free gift a year on the anniversary. If you are angry about getting free stuff OP shame on you.

It's not free, you only get it if you're subbed. Which you have to PAY them for. It doesn't matter if it's direct or not. Either way, this HK stuff sucks. If they sent me a coloured rock in the mail as reward for being subbed, I wouldn't be grateful or say "cool, free stuff". I'd throw it out in a pond somewhere. Point being, better to give us nothing than some crap like this that no one is ever actually going to use.

ugh... good grief.... I wished they stopped with this HK stuff already.... never liked that toaster anyways....

In any case, there's more to come and the "play as HK" reward thing is starting to look that won't be more than your character cosplaying as HK lol

Edited by wainot-keel

ugh... good grief.... I wished they stopped with this HK stuff already.... never liked that toaster anyways....

In any case, there's more to come and the "play as HK" reward thing is starting to look that won't be more than your character cosplaying as HK lol

Must admit, starting to wonder myself, if the play as HK chapter will just be us in sub rewards

No. It'll be you playing as HK-55.

And yeah, the rewards are stupid. I'd get angry as well, but I just don't feel like expending the energy on it.

What, more free junk I can't use, great, I should be overjoyed that at least they gave me something. Right? Or can I be annoyed about the tone of "Wow, look at the great weapons we're giving your outlander!" when troopers, operatives, assassins and shadows can't use any of them, and the chances are that a fair number of people will be using companions where they are of marginal use.

It's not the fact that it's free that annoys me. It's the list of things I get, and the (non-)use I can make of them, combined with the tone of the promotion.

For The Record: I like HK-55. The jetpack was good, and being able to get him back was cool as well. I'm not *so* taken by the helmet, but OK. I'll think of something to do with it, eventually. Maybe I'll combine it with the rest of the gear they give us to make an HK-55-themed character, or something equally lame. These weapons, however, are an incomplete set, promoted with great fanfare.

It's good stuff, just wait for the full HK armor set and all will be good, sit down and enjoy the droid greatness that are the HK models

90% of the greatness of the HK assassins is the voice actor and hilarious dialogue. Without that, it's just an empty shell. No point in looking like an HK unit if you don't talk like one.

I'm gonna borrow this quote and put it in that off-topic thread. I believe it's a prime example of ignorance and laziness. ;)

IF.. big if... IF you subbed just for the marketing perks offered... I guess you have a right to be angry... at yourself.

IF however, you are an active player, like the game, and sub to play the game (not for marketing perks), then I don't see the issue. Because under this scenario.. the items cost you nothing. So if you don't find them appealing.. you can simply delete them.

So which is it? Did you pay the sub for the "perkies" or did you pay the sub to...... wait for it.... play the game you like to play? :)

It's not free, you only get it if you're subbed. Which you have to PAY them for. It doesn't matter if it's direct or not. Either way, this HK stuff sucks. If they sent me a coloured rock in the mail as reward for being subbed, I wouldn't be grateful or say "cool, free stuff". I'd throw it out in a pond somewhere. Point being, better to give us nothing than some crap like this that no one is ever actually going to use.

The fact that you think those sub rewards are garbage (Which may be a valid point, although with different words) doesn't make them any less than what they are: free stuff. Subscription fee is to access the whole game without restrictions (Or 90% of it, as most global unlocks are still gated behind paywalls), anything else they give you in your ingame mailbox is a free bonus for being a subscriber or being a subscriber on particular dates.

The only reward worth something so far was the jetpack mount, which is actually nice. Other things, minus the helmet that everybody seemed to hate, are down to personal preferences. I don't dislike the "HK themed" blaster pistols for example, but I will never use the other 2 weapons.

Edited by JeKoCZ

IF.. big if... IF you subbed just for the marketing perks offered... I guess you have a right to be angry... at yourself.

IF however, you are an active player, like the game, and sub to play the game (not for marketing perks), then I don't see the issue. Because under this scenario.. the items cost you nothing. So if you don't find them appealing.. you can simply delete them.

So which is it? Did you pay the sub for the "perkies" or did you pay the sub to...... wait for it.... play the game you like to play? :)

The flame posts I'm seeing here are misdirected.

Here's an example of what I think Steve means:

You get a subscription to the newspaper. It's delivered every day. As a reward for subscribing for the newspaper the newspaper company sends you a bag of horse manure. Now, unless you're a farmer or have a garden, then it's useless crap and annoys you. Then later on, you get a bag of cow manure as a subscriber reward. Another bag of useless crap. Eventually you get tired of getting useless crap and want to just scream at someone.

Now all of you flaming Steve are saying he's complaining for nothing. That useless crap is a gift. You should be grateful for it. Would you be grateful to get a bag of useless crap every few months?

Edited by PorsaLindahl

The flame posts I'm seeing here are misdirected.

Here's an example of what I think Steve means:

You get a subscription to the newspaper. It's delivered every day. As a reward for subscribing for the newspaper the newspaper company sends you a bag of horse manure. Now, unless you're a farmer or have a garden, then it's useless crap and annoys you. Then later on, you get a bag of cow manure as a subscriber reward. Another bag of useless crap. Eventually you get tired of getting useless crap and want to just scream at someone.

Now all of you flaming Steve are saying he's complaining for nothing. That useless crap is a gift. You should be grateful for it. Would you be grateful to get a bag of useless crap every few months?

EXACTLY!!!

The weird thing is, everyone could figure out something to do with a bag of cow ****...these gifts can't even be used by me.

Edited by TUXs