The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Athiss HM I am on on my sorc dpsing because I suck at heals with it, with two other sorcs one heals and one dps. Assassin tank the three are from the same clan.

They must have been in voice chat the entire time, because not one thing was typed. After we jump down at the start they just stay there for a few mins. RP server so they are bowing to each other and such not moving. Right as my leave area thing is almost done the tank twitches and starts moving. The tank and dps sorc are way over geared for any flashpoint but their healer is a little under geared, sitting at 20k life. They are very well coordinated, so I figure this will be one of my easier runs.

One of the smoothest runs I have ever had, until the final boss. Every thing they did was coordinated, it was actually a thing of beauty. Neither sorc keeps them selves in a bubble, so the dot the boss puts out is wrecking them. I even off healed a few times to help them out. They wiped the first time because of the fire, for some reason they really sucked at running from it. I left the room and ended combat when they all died, lord knows I couldn't tank it. Second attempt pretty much the same, but I get picked to be followed by the fire twice, so even though they had no health at the end we pulled it off. That fire kills a lot of people I have noticed, I guess they never got good at kitting it around as lowbies.

HM czerka labs next, perfect run. I fall due to laggy circles on the second boss, and the healer dies rezing me. (we both did, as soon as I stood up, boom both dead) Dps Assassin stealth rezes the healer when the tank falls and they two man it from 3/4 life. Other than that, amazing run. Tank kept the final boss busy while we did the experiment dance off to the side, really smooth run for all us pugging it.

Edited by Reallynotaknight

Maybe it's just my twisted opinion... Becouse i have most bad luck with mara's in PUG's. So for me, marauders are suicidal, CC-breaking, smash spamming idiots (Yes, yes. Its a pain in my neck. You read right).

But who knows, maybe there is people who can play marauders like pro. But i haven't seen them yet. If some of them read my post - my deepest apologies.

You forgot to mention tunnel-vision on the boss.

I too find that most Marauders/Sentinels fit that description perfectly. I'm always shocked on those rare occasions that I run into a good one. Hmm, maybe I should work on leveling my Marauder, just to add another decent one to the pool...

Well about that mara, he was either trolling or just so uneducated. When I chose AC for my first char, Jedi Knight I had no clue what is tank, DPS or healer. I just wanted cool second lightsaber to my hand. Once I started doing FPs as him, I luckily had friend guiding me, so quess I didn't cause huge headaches to anyone.

Actual fun story was on Athiss me leveling my Shadow, Guardian tank, scoundrel heal and vanguard as other dps.

I got bad feel when healer fell down and died even if vanguard had sliced elevator. We rev d him and went on.

Somehow tank kept dying and after him whole group fell. We wiped twice. Tanks gear was just fine, he was on full oranges, and best mods for his level.

However, I understood that healer wasn't healing us at all. I asked why and his response was something like:

Are you new or something? I can't heal YOU I can just heal MYSELF.

After that tanks patience ran out and we kicked him. We got new Sage heal and everything went just fine

However, I understood that healer wasn't healing us at all. I asked why and his response was something like:

Are you new or something? I can't heal YOU I can just heal MYSELF.

O.o

That's the most interesting excuse for not being a good healer that I've ever heard.

I just had a funny experience in the KDY FP. Let's call the outstanding player WP for Weird Person.

I'm on my Juggernaut dps and decide to queue for KDY. Instant pop, I'm put together with 3 other dps which seem to be well equipped, judging from their health pool. So I enter the FP and the chat conversation goes pretty much like this:

Player 1: Hi

Player 2: Hi

Player 3: Hi

WP: speedrun gogo

WP: hi

WP: skip

Now, I've seen KDY often enough that I gladly spacebar through the conversation at the beginning, but still, the way and specifically the order in which WP was writing things ticked me off. So I decided not to use rocket boosts and intercede to increase my speed.

On the way to the shuttle I see in chat:

WP: Throw in stims.:eek::confused:

Me: This isn't worth a stim.

WP left it at that. Now, WP was a member of one of the most respected PvE guilds on my server, so I assume this is why he was somewhat adamant about stims. But in truth it only made the rest of the FP more hilarious.

After less than a minute it became clear that WP either didn't know the Flashpoint, or he simply never payed attention when he did it. He simply ran from one mob group to the next, defeating them.

Shiny clicky-clicky-things? Those can be ignored.

Glowy questsymbols on the map that tell you that you don't have to clear this gangway anymore (speedrun, remember)? Don't know those.

My favorite was when he used Force Push during Prison Escape to push a mob down into the pit, which aggroed an additional group. Together with the other group we pulled on the way to the ramps this was a bit too much damage for our WP who got himself killed at this point.

On occasion he would also boast about how awesome he was in chat.

He also managed to die near the end of the final boss fight - we had to fight the droid. I have to admit that I didn't pay attention to another persons health bar, so the Kolto tanks remained unused, even when his health bar was dropping.

It was really funny to watch because from the whispers I had with the other two group members, we all expected a way better performance based on the guild name he was carrying. Too bad we didn't have the Assembly scenario.

Got a good one. Lowbie Hammer Station on my Shadow. I had specced Dps for this FP but when we started, i noticed the vanguard tank wasn't taking aggro or doing anything that a tank was supposed to do. I asked him to start being a tank and he started going off on me. I simply ignored him, switched to combat stance and starting tanking. No more problems.

Got a good one. Lowbie Hammer Station on my Shadow. I had specced Dps for this FP but when we started, i noticed the vanguard tank wasn't taking aggro or doing anything that a tank was supposed to do. I asked him to start being a tank and he started going off on me. I simply ignored him, switched to combat stance and starting tanking. No more problems.

Just to make sure: you did tell the others that you're tanking right?

Because if a tank sucks that's one problem, when a Dps decides he's the new tank because the player that qued as tank sucks that's another.

From me on my healers you would have gotten a quick "stop tanking", for 2 reasones :

1) There's a tank already, and you're just making me work twice as much keeping you both alive.

2) At HS no one has a lot of abilities, not the tank, not the dps, and definitely not the healer. So expect diminished resultes even from good players.

Just to make sure: you did tell the others that you're tanking right?

Because if a tank sucks that's one problem, when a Dps decides he's the new tank because the player that qued as tank sucks that's another.

From me on my healers you would have gotten a quick "stop tanking", for 2 reasones :

1) There's a tank already, and you're just making me work twice as much keeping you both alive.

2) At HS no one has a lot of abilities, not the tank, not the dps, and definitely not the healer. So expect diminished resultes even from good players.

YEAH the player wasn't responding so i told the healer and other dps that i was going to start tanking. The healer started to heal me during the fights and so it was all good. Thats also a true point but i was only 18 and the vanguard was 20. I even had one taunt so i would hope that he would have one too.

Hammer Station...I queued on my Mando as DPS and Heals...despite having zero points in the heal tree.

We were fine. I healed.

Not saying that it can't be done, just getting my point of view out, and going by posts on this thread it's one that's shared by many.

IMO: can't do your role, don't que for it. que for something that you can.

This wasn't my point anyway, it was about communication in the group.

And with this I'm done hijacking this thread, I love it too much:p

Not saying that it can't be done, just getting my point of view out, and going by posts on this thread it's one that's shared by many.

Toha, that is a very true statement, the amount of times I've done flashpoints, and I have never seen a good shadow/assassin tank, my Vanguard (shield spec) when I que up as DPS, I switch off my Ion cell and swap over to another option (sometimes I leave ion cell up, I have a few things that have a higher trigger rate with it up) and I have never seen a shadow that can tank half as well as I can with my vanguard.

Usually by the first boss in an FP, I get a /whisper from the healer asking me to take over as tank. Mind you, I am always no matter my class or role that I am playing trying to keep things off the healer....

I've healed on my arsenal spec merc, DPS'ed on my shield spec vanguard, you just have to do things a little differently, and keep a level head I think... well some situational awareness doesn't hurt either I think. And for the love of the force, if you don't know what you are doing in the FP, speak up!

Yeah, and this is why after that FP, I do'nt queue for heals anymore. The content doesn't allow for it. But in low level stuff, DPS and Heals are essentially the same.

Just as a comment, the poster you replied to was referring to Hammer Station, a 13-17 flashpoint. At that level there's no difference between a dps doing off healing and a healer doing off dpsing.

My op healer is overgeared for 55HM flashpoints, so at this point when when I zone in to find sub-24k health dps I am thrilled at the prospect of a challenge.

Still, I remain baffled that so many people manage to get to max level without knowing even basic things like "kill small mobs before the elites so the healer does not get eaten", or "maybe don't hit the Enhanced Vrblther on the other side of the room while the tank is trying to move it into position", or "oh look there is a red circle under my feet maybe I need to not be right here", or "hmm the boss hits me for over half my health whenever X happens, maybe I should not be there when X happens".

Yesterday I had a 24k marauder in CZ Meltdown who kept dropping the lightning pools right in the middle where we were fighting, who wouldn't help kill the adds, and who wouldn't move out of the lightning.

I advised him to move, and his response was, "Hey man get off my case: I just hit 55." Which my brain translated as, "Hey I just hit 55, how am I supposed to know to move out of the pool of horrible painful lightning death that is killing me?"

He didn't die, cuz I try to be professional and cool. Also I might be an enabler.

My op healer is overgeared for 55HM flashpoints, so at this point when when I zone in to find sub-24k health dps I am thrilled at the prospect of a challenge.

Still, I remain baffled that so many people manage to get to max level without knowing even basic things like "kill small mobs before the elites so the healer does not get eaten", or "maybe don't hit the Enhanced Vrblther on the other side of the room while the tank is trying to move it into position", or "oh look there is a red circle under my feet maybe I need to not be right here", or "hmm the boss hits me for over half my health whenever X happens, maybe I should not be there when X happens".

Yesterday I had a 24k marauder in CZ Meltdown who kept dropping the lightning pools right in the middle where we were fighting, who wouldn't help kill the adds, and who wouldn't move out of the lightning.

I advised him to move, and his response was, "Hey man get off my case: I just hit 55." Which my brain translated as, "Hey I just hit 55, how am I supposed to know to move out of the pool of horrible painful lightning death that is killing me?"

He didn't die, cuz I try to be professional and cool. Also I might be an enabler.

You need to let the dps die when they act up. They're expendable. If the dps don't follow the rules, then let them die until they drop group. Then requeue, or just pull out a companion.

You know, I almost expected to spot myself in this thread at one point or another. :jawa_redface:

I'd just rolled a Jugger, intending to spec her into tanking-- so all the way through DK, I was getting frustrated that every loot drop was for a Inq (no big, I let my sister have it since she was leveling a Sorc alongside me), but the first fp we queued up for, man, we wiped, and wiped, and wiped. I admit, it was mostly my fault; still wearing med greens off Korriban. Had a sniper ragequit on us on the laser droid, but our op stuck through 'til the end (somehow we (and our dpsing replacement) kicked the stuffing out of the final boss).

Jugger's now on Hoth, properly geared, properly specced, and r e a l l y nice at holding aggro off both my sister and our companions (Jaesa may be a little problematic since she likes to jump at the same target but it dies pretty quickly).

On to other, strange stories, though.

Running a Dirty Fighter specced smuggler, queue up and into Hammer Station (again, I know). Make it halfway through with no hitches, and here's where it got a little weird. Lost both tank and healer to aggro from below off a mob knockback, then both of them jumping down to fight (we'd taken the elevator, see). Which leaves me, dps spec scoundrel, and a commando, also pure dps. Well, LoS comes in very handy, there. Park the commando, in heavy armor right out there where everything can see him, park my own skinny Twi'lek shebs by the elevator where I can pop my basic heals on him while he wipes the others out.

One turret left; he can't get to it without pissing off the last droid over there. No problem, thinks the scoundrel. Promptly pull a Disappearing Act, stealths off to behind the turret, and we proceed to kick the living daylights out of it. Then, up we rez our downed tank and healer, and the rest of the flashpoint is sliced uj cake. :jawa_biggrin:

Haven't had any problems with Maras in flashpoints, actually; most of my problems turn out to be overload-button-smash Sin dpsers (one particular sod kept breaking cc, scattering my targets and was likely in tank stance (never had time to look at it and I probably should have let him die a couple times to get the hint) given my issues holding aggro in a flashpoint where I could and was actively using taunt, chilling scream (aoe taunt) and bash (high threat generation) in conjunction with sister's threat drop and popping the threat generation cooldowns whenever they decided to take a smack at someone else).

Edited by AdirahBerkovich

This individual has been ninja looting. Won't name "names"[/url]

Reported. DON'T click that link, it is a scam and leads to his Refer a Friend page (exploit).

Just report him, put him on ignore and move on.

If you've already clicked the link though, either call up Customer Support or Email them at Support@swtor.com to get you removed from his Friend Refer list. As long as you stay on his list he gets free CCs and benefits, so make sure to get yourself removed.

Hammer Station...I queued on my Mando as DPS and Heals...despite having zero points in the heal tree.

We were fine. I healed.

This reminds me of one occasion when I queued on my healer sorceress. Usually she queues as heals only, so I didn't pay attention to the role selections in GF. Turned out it had reset to all available roles, and I found myself in Mandalorian Raiders as DPS. I apologized for my mistake and asked if the others wanted me to leave. They were fine with trying, and we pulled it off without any major trouble.

Lately, when doing the CZ-198 [WEEKLY], I've seen a few people going "SKIP!!" or "SPACEBAR!!111oneone" (<---OK, that's exaggerated a bit for comic effect. But only a bit, I assure you.) during...

The one and only 20 freaking second long cutscene during the Czerka FPs.

Really?

Really?

Everyone skips, aaaaaaand...then the big wait as your clients and server figure out how to sync-up with where everyone is before ending the scene.

Net result: Zero time saved.

I see this more and more, that big "Waiting on other group-members" message with the long wait after space-barring through a convo, so how much time are you really saving, anymore?

If someone wants to spacebar and says so at the beginning of the instance, then I spacebar, no prob.

Conversely, if I want to spacebar but someone else wants to watch, again, no problem.

But "spacebar-heroes" are becoming for me an increasingly annoying form of MMO-vermin, along with the more usual types of same.

Well, when people say "Im gonna tank", i suppose they have some ideas (weird ideas, i admit) who's a tank.

We'r talking about marauder, wich means that he KNOWS about AC. Afterall he CLICKED that wonderful button with warning :rolleyes:

But you right at some point...

Maybe it's just my twisted opinion... Becouse i have most bad luck with mara's in PUG's. So for me, marauders are suicidal, CC-breaking, smash spamming idiots (Yes, yes. Its a pain in my neck. You read right).

But who knows, maybe there is people who can play marauders like pro. But i haven't seen them yet. If some of them read my post - my deepest apologies.

I happen to be one of them. However, your comprehension of a newbie's understanding of the game is shameful at best. It's okay to not know, but don't judge them out of your own ignorance.

You clearly think you know it all, and for this reason will probably not read what I'm about to say. But in the case that you ever come around and actually want to learn the truth, consider this. The newbie player, from his questing on Korriban, is going to know that yellow triangles are quests. He will also know that quests give him experience and thus should be completed. So when he sees Lord Lokar on the Imperial Fleet after exiting the Korriban/Hutta hangar, what do you think he will do, get the quest or not? Chances are he's going to pick up the quest. Then, because he knows that quests give rewards, he will seek out the quest objective. He speaks to the class trainer, and is given two options, Juggernaut or Marauder.

Now, let me ask you something. If you did not fully understand every advantage and disadvantage of both of these Advanced Classes, would you simply leave the choice unmade and continue until you had learned everything there was to learn? If you have it in you to answer truthfully, the answer would be 'no'. You would choose one, and see how you liked it. Learn things along the way, maybe even make another character of the opposite Advanced Class.

In conclusion, your point that he made the choice to pick an advanced class is completely unrelated to his knowledge of said class. He was smart enough to choose one in the first place. Are you? Because if not, you're guilty of your own accusation of 'stupid'. If so, you're doing the exact same thing as him and, simply put, have no right to judge him based on that. You can try, but you'll likely just end up looking foolish.

PS: Has anyone else noticed that the 'tough guy' elitists in this game aren't actually very good?