Hot Prospect Name Concerns

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

We will be updating all of our communications (such as the FAQ and blog) to reflect the new name in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, so what was all that "We can't change it now, it would be too hard" about in the stream? :D Either way, thanks. I wasn't all that thrilled about the name, and it was kind of depressing to read people actually planning to transfer away from the server just because of the name. I like Satele Shan alot better - not the most creative choice, but better.

Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

We will be updating all of our communications (such as the FAQ and blog) to reflect the new name in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

While I will be playing on the Darth Malgus mainly, I am very happy to see you guys have adressed the concerns of the people fearing what the name Hot Prospect might do. I think Satele Shan is a brilliant name and it gives me hope that you will also listen to the concerns of the RP community and take the right steps to ensure RP can happen publically safely and without trolls :)

but I just reached the acceptance part of my grieving!

I was thinking the same thing.. I even changed my sig that I have had since launch to something humorous about the whole situation.. Alas now it is one of my favorite quotes.

While I will be playing on the Darth Malgus mainly, I am very happy to see you guys have adressed the concerns of the people fearing what the name Hot Prospect might do. I think Satele Shan is a brilliant name and it gives me hope that you will also listen to the concerns of the RP community and take the right steps to ensure RP can happen publically safely and without trolls :)

Unrealistic expectations, to be honest.

We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name

I'm reading this in a sarcastic tone b/c this is honestly the silliest thing ever.

Props to you guys and the ridiculousness you put up with, LOL.

Unrealistic expectations, to be honest.

Not at all, the devs promised they were working on a solution in the latest livestream about the Roadmap and I am confident we can hold them onto their word. I am convinced they are actively working on a solution to shield the RP'ers from trolls, harassment and cyberbullying on the new United Forces servers. If they weren't, why would they adress the issue on the stream?

What was offensive about the name hot prospect? I am clueless :s

How can you not have seen all the innuendo already flying over that server name? Made worse by the fact that one of the rp servers was being merged into there. While it may not effect many it was always going to effect some -- RPers get a bad enough rep as it is because of those who ERP, server name was going to make that 10 times worse- now its one issue that wont be :)

Edited by Suzsi

Not at all, the devs promised they were working on a solution in the latest livestream about the Roadmap and I am confident we can hold them onto their word. I am convinced they are actively working on a solution to shield the RP'ers from trolls, harassment and cyberbullying on the new United Forces servers. If they weren't, why would they adress the issue on the stream?

You will never be able to stop trolls. Whatever they do to "shield you" :confused: it won't stop the trolling. Get used to it. I sure have when I role played on the other more popular MMO.

You will never be able to stop trolls. Whatever they do to "shield you" :confused: it won't stop the trolling. Get used to it. I sure have when I role played on the other more popular MMO.

Of course no one will ever stop them fully, but that doesn't mean people should just sit around and tolerate them. Yes, ignoring is the best option we have currently but that doesn't mean we can't urge and motivate the developers to create an ever better option for us in the (near) future. Sitting by idly will never help anything :)