Darth Plageus - Anakin's father?

DoctorBeckett

I don't know if the new Darth Plageus book is out yet, if this is even included, but here's my take on Anakin's father.

Plageus reads or studies or hears about "The prophecy".. The Chosen One bringing balance to The Force. By Palpatine's own admission to Anakin, Plageus was so powerful he could influence The Force (I REFUSE to say influence the "midichlorians") to create life.

Sometime prior to Shimi Skywalker arriving on Tatooine, she becomes pregnant.

Shimi has Anakin.

Fast forward to Episode 1 with Qui-Gon and Shimi....

Qui-Gon asks about Anakin's father. She says, "I can't explain what happened.I carried him, I gave birth to him, I raised him. There is no father. ."

I think Plageus found some unsuspecting woman (Shimi) and manipulated The Force (immaculate conception) and filled Palpatine in on the plan that unfolded in Episode III.

Opinions?

Darth Plagues is the creator of Anakin. Anakin is the result of either his death, [i'm positive being how strong he was, he would've sensed Sidious' presence about to kill him] and he tried to protect himself, or he used the Force and it most likely just happened.

This is most likely why Anakin was so strong in the Force.

theres no proof of this and wouldnt plageus have died years before shmi was even born?

In ep 3 when sidious tells anakin about darth plageus he mentions thats in a sith legend. As such a legend would imply a few years ago if not decades. Also the jedi mention in ep1 that the sith had been extinct for a millenia but that could simply mean they didnt know of the existing sith at that time.

So Id say its unlikely plageus or sidious were the creator of anakin.

Also the jedi mention in ep1 that the sith had been extinct for a millenia but that could simply mean they didnt know of the existing sith at that time.

The Jedi did not know that the Sith had remerged until Darth Maul fights Qui-Gon in Episode 1. They had seriously been under the impression that all of the Sith were gone, and had been gone since the Thought Bomb explosion on Russan. That's why they were skeptical in believing the Sith had re-emerged.

But it makes me wonder. When exactly did the Sith form the plan to cause the Clone Wars? When did Anakin come into the picture as the one to be Sideous' puppet? Darth Bane stated that he wanted the Sith to stay in hiding until they were strong enough to defeat the Jedi, but I wonder what exactly the plan was?

Does anyone know? Was the whole plan of infiltrating the Galactic Senate, becoming Chancellor, starting the Clone Wars, and using Anakin all started by Plageus?

Edited by LrdStryfe

theres no proof of this and wouldnt plageus have died years before shmi was even born?

In ep 3 when sidious tells anakin about darth plageus he mentions thats in a sith legend. As such a legend would imply a few years ago if not decades. Also the jedi mention in ep1 that the sith had been extinct for a millenia but that could simply mean they didnt know of the existing sith at that time.

Darth Plagueis was Sidious's master. He told Anakin it was a sith legend because he was manipulating him. Sidious was the apprentice who murdered his master in his sleep

The Jedi did not know that the Sith had remerged until Darth Maul fights Qui-Gon in Episode 1. They had seriously been under the impression that all of the Sith were gone, and had been gone since the Thought Bomb explosion on Russan. That's why they were skeptical in believing the Sith had re-emerged.

But it makes me wonder. When exactly did the Sith form the plan to cause the Clone Wars? When did Anakin come into the picture as the one to be Sideous' puppet? Darth Bane stated that he wanted the Sith to stay in hiding until they were strong enough to defeat the Jedi, but I wonder what exactly the plan was?

Does anyone know? Was the whole plan of infiltrating the Galactic Senate, becoming Chancellor, starting the Clone Wars, and using Anakin all started by Plageus?

The general plan layed out by Bane was to manipulate the jedi into their own destruction. He had things set up so that the Sith could amass wealth and power. I'm sure he didn't know that a Sith would eventually turn the republic into their very own empire.

and im sure shimi didn't just have a baby, thats unheard of. im sure she had a one night stand with someone or it was all a romance thing then the father died. she didn't just wake up one morning and be all, "hmm, guess im pregnant, wonder if i get maternity leave?"

No, according to the biography of Palpatine on Wookieepedia, Plagueis was still the head honcho after Palps became the Supreme Chancellor...he thought Palpatine would be his puppet and he would be in charge of the Republic through him..that's about when Palpatine killed him. So no, he would have been around for Anakin's creation and birth and so on. I'm sure the book will state when he died though for sure as I don't fully trust the source but I've seen nothing that states otherwise myself.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing there a book or two that hinted at this but it wasn't diffinitive. I also remember seeing arguments going back and fourth about if it was actually Sideus who did it. Like it was Plageus's plan but Sideus killed him and took over or something.

I doubt they will ever come out and offiically say who it is though they will probably keep hinting at it.

No, according to the biography of Palpatine on Wookieepedia, Plagueis was still the head honcho after Palps became the Supreme Chancellor...he thought Palpatine would be his puppet and he would be in charge of the Republic through him..that's about when Palpatine killed him. So no, he would have been around for Anakin's creation and birth and so on. I'm sure the book will state when he died though for sure as I don't fully trust the source but I've seen nothing that states otherwise myself.

At the end of Revan's book you get a sneak peak at it. Only three pages of it though. Mostly his death at the hands of Sidious

Unfortunately from information gathered, Darth Plagueis could not have created Anakin via manipulation of the force. The timeline simply doesn't match, as Sidious made it apparent that Plagueis had only "recently" discovered how to manipulate midichlorians into creating life before he was killed in his sleep.

It was at that moment Sidious became aware that Plagueis intended to replace Sidious with a perfect being of force potential, so he killed him. During this time Anakin was already a young Padawan.

Plagueis already knew it was possible to "create" a perfect force sensitive by midichlorian manipulation, but he didn't know how to do it - it was theory. When he DID discover how to do it.. that's when Sidious killed him. Before that he already knew how to preserve the life of another and prevent them from dying (a total different game from playing God and creating life itself out of "nothing", which in itself is HEAPS beyond a tremendous feat). Many Sith, particularly in SWTOR, have shown this is possible.. but most likely not in the measure Plagueis could perform (as i'm aware, Plagueis could actually BRING people back from the dead, though it was dependant).

Darth Vitiate could sustain the life of another for hundreds upon hundreds of years (as he does with his personal apprentice, The Emperor's Wrath (Scourge comes to mind, and now the new Emperor's Wrath

the Sith Warrior character

)).

The timeline doesn't match.

Edited by Oonkeh_

Actually I am reading the Darth Plaguias book and according the the author.

Palps was also conceived by the force because his father said. "you werent my son"

So did the darkside of the force coceive 2 children through the method described in Episode 1?

Edited by Gileam

Actually I am reading the Darth Plaguias book and according the the author.

Palps was also conceived by the force because his father said. "you werent my son"

So did the darkside of the force coceive 2 children through the method described in Episode 1?

How does a father saying someone isn't his son automatically jump to that? It could imply an affair by his wife, or just the way he acts is as if he's not his son. I wouldn't take that he was born from the force at all from that.

This really isn't a hard topic to figure out.

"Darth Plagueis, born under the name of Hego Damask and remembered as Darth Plagueis the Wise, was a Muun Dark Lord of the Sith, heir to the lineage of Darth Bane and a master of midi-chlorian manipulation, who lived during the century leading up to the Invasion of Naboo. Obsessed with eternal life, Plagueis experimented with ways to cheat death and create new life from the midi-chlorians.

His great contribution to the history of the galaxy was training Darth Sidious in the ways of the Sith and the dark side of the Force, whom he incited to take control of the galaxy and bring about an age of the Sith. Sidious, concerned with being replaced as Plagueis' apprentice, eventually killed the Muun in his sleep. Sidious later recounted the tale as "the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise", an old "Sith legend", to sway Anakin Skywalker to the dark side, though Plagueis himself remained a mysterious figure to the Jedi and their allies well into the time of the Galactic Alliance.

Plagueis, using the public name Hego Damask, went over to Naboo so his plasma mining company, Damask Holdings, would attempt to make a profit on the plasma reserves on Naboo, and secretly to find an apprentice. He then met Palpatine, and was impressed with both his high ambition and his equally high proficiency with the Force. After Palpatine then murdered his family onboard their starship, he took Palpatine in as his apprentice, naming him Darth Sidious. He also promised him that, although his training would be severe, they will both attempt to break the cycle enacted by Darth Bane, and thus they shall neither harbor any secrets from each other, nor experience any jealousy or mistrust with each other. Sidious learned from Plagueis over the course of decades,[2] during which Plagueis taught his apprentice everything he knew to prevent the power he had amassed from being lost forever.

Plagueis' experiments in creating life may have succeeded. It was speculated that Plagueis initiated his plans before dying, and according to the Sith Lords, it was Plagueis who influenced the midi-chlorians to conceive Anakin Skywalker."

Plagueis nor Sidious are the father. It's implied that if Plagueis had the ability to manipulate the force to create life, then he obviously create Anakin by doing so. Sidious afraid that he would be replaced by this new apprentice, killed his master.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis

While I don't believe this is confirmed anywhere, it is heavily implied.

Very much this. The implication is that Plagieus had a direct hand in the creation of the Chosen One. There also seems to be an implication that Palpatine was involved in one way or another.