If you could only play one class, which one would it be

Uvirith

Hi, returning player here!

I have a question to throw into the room.

If you would only have the time to play one class, which one would it be?

Assumption: You have Legendary Status (all classquests completed) and every class on at least level 65, so Class-Story is not a defining factor.

Reason for the question is. I have very very little time and no preferances, since I like all the Advanced classes. I need to decide on one Toon for SwToR.

Juggernaut. Fairly consitent in viability over the years. Has an option to be either a tank or a DPS, depending on what's best. For PvE DPS Vengeance is one of the most universal specs in the game, has good sustain, crazy good AoE, doesn't really suffer from target switching as many DoT specs do, with the new lvl75 ability can even deliver decent burst, has an armor debuff (the best debuff to bring to the group). Jugg is fairly ok in PvP, again, has many options - tank, vengeance AoE spam or Burst with Rage.

SW also seems to be a pretty good class story-wise, wherever the story goes it doesn't seem out of place.

Edited by Equeliber

Oh boy, there really are not many people around in these Forums. If I´d posted a Thread like that in another mmo-Forum there would be a hundred replies by now.

Which brings me to another question: How is the playerbase these days. Are there even enough people to do groupcontent with?

If there arent, which class would you recommend for Solo only?

Edited by Uvirith

Oh boy, there really are not many people around in these Forums. If I´d posted a Thread like that in another mmo-Forum there would be a hundred replies by now.

Which brings me to another question: How is the playerbase these days. Are there even enough people to do groupcontent with?

If there arent, which class would you recommend for Solo only?

Nobody goes on the forum because outside of complaining there is nothing interesting enough.

And to answer the original question to the post: Scoundrel, loved the class Tory better than the Imperial Agent and the rest. Smuggler is the one of the only classes which got less static as it went on while still providing funny dialogue options. Smuggler’s crew is also, in my opinion, one of the best companion crew alongside BH.

Good question, because I am trying to decide this myself with which one to main.

I have 75 Operative and 75 Sorc right now. Can't decide which one I like better. I want to make a mirror on Pub side since my guild operates on both sides with plenty of activities. I like the ranged aspect of Sorc, coming from a ranged DPS player in WoW. I also like the stealth capabilities and other utilities that come with the operative. I think I like operative healing better than sorc healing too.

I am still at a loss, but it would be one of those two.

I like Jedi Shadow.

Able to Force speed and move fast and can also stealth and move through mobs or drop combat immediately.

Very versatile.

Plus get to use a cool dual blade lightsaber!!

My fav is the Jedi shadow tank.

Assassin should be ok too but didnt try it.

TBH the Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight has been the most consistent throughout the various expansions.

The Jedi Knight is basically the cannon storyline for SWTOR, and I would say Sith Inquisitor for the Empire side.

For solo player, you definitely need a stealth class, and I'd so with Assassin or Shadow.

Other than that you cannot go wrong with Knight/Warrior

Either operative or merc. If it weren't for stormwatch/gathering storm, lightning sorc would be kinda dull for me (it's REALLY fun with those two, though.)

The way they are constructed, merc and operative were always fun to me. Carnage marauder was my all-time favorite before they ruined how gore worked and all that.

Edited by Sideblaze

Its a hard question i had to think long on before deciding. Here is my thought process:

(TLDR: Operative)

Not mercenary or sniper thats for sure even if i sometimes can enjoy thoose classes for a brief time…

Not juggernaut even though i agree 100% with above poster Equeliber, for me the class becomes to boring after a while. But i do love play rage in pvp its such nice to see health drops fast and vengeance is such a smooth class, also tank class called immortal and almost is immortal is pretty cool...

Not sorcerer even though its been my main for a long time and was also my first char in this game, love madness and lightning pew pew i mean who doesnt enjoy lighnting stuff or have a specc thats called ”MADNESS”, healing is good and easy aswell. Also love picking datacrons with this char with the phasewalk. Reason why i wouldnt pick this class after all is cause the boring rotation even though ranged is always nice and easy but dps is just so slow with madness and lightning is too fast paced to do real dps, slack for a sec and u might aswell auto attack. Still it got lightsaber which is wicked cool, a very solid choice but still no…

Not marauders even though i find them visually best looking, especially carnage. Have 3 dps speccs in one class makes me miss healing or tanking…

Not powertech even though i love my pyro, its to much of a glass cannon and heat management is the worst. BBQ is the best right? still it do lack some things i would miss too much if i choose this to only play...

Not sin even though i like all speccs, the hatred aoe is my favorite of all aoe speccs and its also provides with a tiny healing ability, deception is great burst and stealth is king and force speed is also nice, also it has a light saber and makes me feel like a true sith, but no heals!

I would go with operative, reason is i can heal, stabb ppl and ofc stealth. Not to forget the roll! At first i thought lethality was stupid cause the close combat requirement, well its still stupid to have a blaster rifle but cant hit stuff more then 10m away. Concealment makes my soul happy when i can backstabb in pvp or slice some nobs to death…such joy! Being able to put some self heals reminds me of the old days of being a druid in wow. To make the class perfect make lethality a tank specc instead and give concealment some usuable and viable aoe skills throwing daggers is a joke!!!!

A great question about the main - I have the same struggles every time I come back and dive deep into Swtor :D

Usually I do cons and pros for every class to decide which will be the main for my new season and lvl it from scratch (I play all aspects, from story and hardest solo content to PVP and group PVE). Oh, and I play only Republic side and male only characters (as I RP from time to time), body type 3.

My main criteria for my main:

a) voice actor quality;

b) weapon clipping issues;

c) novels/media apart from Swtor (as insipiration);

d) ranked PVP possibility.

1. Guardian - cant stand the voice actor (in a real life and in Swtor), if played with a skirt (aka Templar) or pants lightsabers do not clip with armor, plenty and more sources do draw inspiration from, serious PVP only in Tank spec.

2. Sentinel - cant stand the voice actor (in a real life and in Swtor), second lightsaber clipps with everything (some models even go inside the right leg :D), plenty and more sources do draw inspiration from, all specs good for any kind of ranked PVP.

3. Vanguard - ok voice actor, most riffles clipps with almost all trooper armor (back packs etc), lots of good novels about archetype, was terrible in ranked PVP.

4. Commando - ok voice actor, most assault cannons clipps with almost all trooper armor (back packs etc), zero to none outside sources about assault cannon users (its hard to imagine colonel leading with cannon), very good in ranked PVP.

5. Smugler - good voice actor (except in vanilla class story, where it sounds like Han Solo - it gets better with expansions and more serious), most blasters do not clipp, whole world is insipiration because you can be anything - from a thief or a crime boss to ex military merc), 2 specs viable for ranked PVP.

6. Gunslinger - good voice actor (except in vanilla class story, where it sounds like Han Solo - it gets better with expansions and more serious), most blasters do not clipp, whole world is insipiration because you can be anything - from a thief or a crime boss to ex military merc or cowbow). 2 specs viable for ranked PVP.

7. Shadow - ok voice actor (gets better with expansions), most weapons clipp with anything (some goes even into my ribs), very small amount of outside sources of dualsaber users, all spec are good in ranked PVP.

8. Sage - ok voice actor (gets better with expansions), if played with a skirt (aka Templar) or pants lightsabers do not clipp with armor, plenty of outside sources for inspiration, best healer in ranked PVP.

So every time I sit and update the lists, than give points to every con and pros and in the end I see what we have my next season of Swtor :)

Tough choice. I like almost all of them for different reasons. But for fighting, I probably like my merc the best. I like the running and gunning feel to him, the visuals, the voice, the armor, etc. It never gets old. With many of my characters (especially the melee ones) I kind of get tired of fighting trash mob after trash mob. But somehow I don't on my merc. Endless fighting just feels best on him.

That said, if I really was limited to only one character, I would have to choose a stealth character. They are just so useful in getting things done. Currently my favorite is the Concealment OP I just leveled and geared. He does crazy burst dps. Combined with the stealth, it doesn't even feel like fighting, it feels more like assassination. He is just a great 'get things done' character.

Although I hear sith assassins are the same thing (even better some say). So, once I level and gear one of them next, that may be my new "goto" character.

people who say venegance juggernaut should try to play it in EC 16 man nim at the first boss xD

its basically how to die fast because of aoe dmg incoming....

yeah its a decent spec but at some fights in 16 man nim its better to not come with a juggernaut dps...

A great question about the main - I have the same struggles every time I come back and dive deep into Swtor :D

Usually I do cons and pros for every class to decide which will be the main for my new season and lvl it from scratch (I play all aspects, from story and hardest solo content to PVP and group PVE). Oh, and I play only Republic side and male only characters (as I RP from time to time), body type 3.

My main criteria for my main:

a) voice actor quality;

b) weapon clipping issues;

c) novels/media apart from Swtor (as insipiration);

d) ranked PVP possibility.

1. Guardian - cant stand the voice actor (in a real life and in Swtor), if played with a skirt (aka Templar) or pants lightsabers do not clip with armor, plenty and more sources do draw inspiration from, serious PVP only in Tank spec.

2. Sentinel - cant stand the voice actor (in a real life and in Swtor), second lightsaber clipps with everything (some models even go inside the right leg :D), plenty and more sources do draw inspiration from, all specs good for any kind of ranked PVP.

3. Vanguard - ok voice actor, most riffles clipps with almost all trooper armor (back packs etc), lots of good novels about archetype, was terrible in ranked PVP.

4. Commando - ok voice actor, most assault cannons clipps with almost all trooper armor (back packs etc), zero to none outside sources about assault cannon users (its hard to imagine colonel leading with cannon), very good in ranked PVP.

5. Smugler - good voice actor (except in vanilla class story, where it sounds like Han Solo - it gets better with expansions and more serious), most blasters do not clipp, whole world is insipiration because you can be anything - from a thief or a crime boss to ex military merc), 2 specs viable for ranked PVP.

6. Gunslinger - good voice actor (except in vanilla class story, where it sounds like Han Solo - it gets better with expansions and more serious), most blasters do not clipp, whole world is insipiration because you can be anything - from a thief or a crime boss to ex military merc or cowbow). 2 specs viable for ranked PVP.

7. Shadow - ok voice actor (gets better with expansions), most weapons clipp with anything (some goes even into my ribs), very small amount of outside sources of dualsaber users, all spec are good in ranked PVP.

8. Sage - ok voice actor (gets better with expansions), if played with a skirt (aka Templar) or pants lightsabers do not clipp with armor, plenty of outside sources for inspiration, best healer in ranked PVP.

So every time I sit and update the lists, than give points to every con and pros and in the end I see what we have my next season of Swtor :)

Why not try Imp side? Some different weapon selections, some potentially better voice actors.

We also have cookies.

Guardian/Juggernaut

To me this feels like a complete Star Wars experience in combat. As a PVPer: Fantastic when fully engaged and knowing what hotkeys to instinctively press. I feel like a powerful character being able to not only save my friends, but manipulate the flow of battle by pushing people away or choking/stunning them on the spot. Great overall, however like all classes there are cons and tougher classes to beat in PVP. This however is based on gameplay from launch-2015.

Star Forge - Ventriloquism (Guardian)

I just want to say thanks for this thread! It helped me narrow down what I wanted to play myself, I'm still stuck between about 3 classes atm but I will have it down to one or two soon.... I hope :)

My main issues now are:

1. Lightsaber/force user vs. blaster/rifle

I enjoy both, but of course this game and all of Star Wars is really built around the lightsaber and force users. This may lead me to have two mains, one force user and one not.

2. ranged vs. melee

Same thing, I enjoy both but as I've gotten older I seem to prefer to stand back more and survey the whole fight more than jumping into the fray and hacking and slashing. But I still have fun with both in this game.

3. Heal/Tank/DPS

I like to be flexible and play a class or two that can switch between roles, I'm leaning towards having a DPS class and a DPS/Heal class. I like tanking in general but like others have said, pug tanking is just no fun with the attitude of players in all games now.

This week I'm narrowing down about 6 characters I have to 2 or 3 and hopefully find one main out of the bunch:

Jedi Sentinel/Scoundrel/Vanguard and Operative/Jugg/Merc with some testing of Sorc/Assassin/Sniper