Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Earthmama
10.01.2012 , 10:35 AM | #1701
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Sisterhood Part 10

Hey guys! I'm at the best part! You would have never seen any of this, or at least you would haven't seen it this good, without Kabeone. Not only did she make sure I stayed on track and kept making sense, but she helped me up when I was sitting at the bottom of a page, clueless. Thank you Kabe. I really appreciate your help and your great ideas. I added a lot of them to the story with her permission. And over all, I feel like I told a story people want to read. And that's the best kind.
Omg!! Morgani, this has been SUCH an amazing story! Truly! I look forward to seeing how this wraps up! Wonderful wonderful work!!

Magdalane
10.01.2012 , 10:52 AM | #1702
/hugs Morgani!! Thank you so much! This story, this whole idea is fabulous! I truly would love to see the whole continuity, and look forward to that thread!

I honestly had tears when I finished reading.
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

iamthehoyden
10.01.2012 , 04:41 PM | #1703
Fame

Claim to Fame
bh - Skari & Solomon Crae
(continue from: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1489)
spoilers for bh Chapter 1
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
10.01.2012 , 05:11 PM | #1704
@Morgani, I have reserved comment thus far, but that doesn't mean I am not fascinated by the suspense and reveal on this one. What a way to reunite those two. Also, Jorgan <3.

@Striges Your Quinn is no fool, and I like that. Better, he's a proper Imperial non-fool in terms of the social and self-preservation considerations. Which once again wraps back to your incredible sense for the details, the culture, and the detailed trappings of the worlds you place us in.

Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Bad Timing
Spoiler
This was good for a wicked wicked giggle.

@RepublicGurl...Qyzen Fess...messy yet hysterical. And then Blizz being awesome!

@Irrissa I am not the kind to go all gooey at sweet stories, but Minalde's father definitely made me go all gooey. Not only for what happened, but for him giving the account to his daughter when she needed it.

@iamthehoyden The one class I'm still trying to leave some details unspoiled on...naturally. I'll be back to read.

I am loving the variety of companions getting play this week. I'm guilty of some wildly over-the-top bingeing myself, don't think I'm not aware of it, so...it's nice to see other people's takes on the ones I'm less inspired by.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Irrissa
10.01.2012 , 08:00 PM | #1705
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Sisterhood Part 10

And, you mentioned I should make this its own thread. I'm thinking of doing just that. Not just for this, but the whole Ipha/Brei'yu continuity. I'll let everyone know how that goes, once I have time to see what a dumb idea that is.
Not Dumb.. a GREAT Idea.

I haven't mentioned folks by name, though I should because it heartens me a great deal when someone compliments my little ideas. and Thank You more than you can imagine for the boost it gives me.
But know I read each and every one and am so inspired and awed by each of you.
*Rissa (60 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (60 Sage)* Aubrei (60 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

LogicLoup
10.01.2012 , 08:31 PM | #1706
Well, here we go, de-lurking. Nothing daunting about following up a chunk of Sisterhood, nosirree bob... *pops back Tums like candy*

Title: Five Minutes Later
Prompt: Bad Timing
Character: Maneera Sindri, smuggler
Timeframe: Pre-game (7 BTC)
Spoilers: None

Spoiler

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

bright_ephemera
10.01.2012 , 08:32 PM | #1707
Bad Timing: Breakthro-wait a minute never mind, Trooper Vierce again, spoiler-free. 1300 words.

Spoiler

Notes
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

bright_ephemera
10.01.2012 , 08:37 PM | #1708
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
Well, here we go, de-lurking. Nothing daunting about following up a chunk of Sisterhood, nosirree bob... *pops back Tums like candy*

Spoiler
I am...blown away. Welcome to the thread! I like the repetition of "just five minutes later and" as a would-have-been, and I love that she has a reason for having a fake ID on hand, and I love the descriptor "dutiful little dogma-sponges" for padawans, and I love the sharp emotional punches of knowing satisfying answers aren't coming, recognizing (or at least believing) the falseness of offered comfort, and the father's loss.

Also, sucker punching a Jedi.

Tight, neatly phrased, potent. Very, very well done. Again, welcome!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Selentar
10.01.2012 , 10:20 PM | #1709
Here we go again

Prompt: Fame

Featuring my agent, a bit of Kaliyo, a bit of Vector and, of course, Lokin. No story spoilers apart from a tiny spoiler for the FP "The Foundry". And again, I don't seem to be in friendly terms with the word "short". Sorry

Note:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Irrissa
10.01.2012 , 10:40 PM | #1710
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post

Spoiler
I for one am glad you de-lurked. Just lovely. Looking forward to more
*Rissa (60 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (60 Sage)* Aubrei (60 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)