Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Seriously you can keep your free time, hell give somebody mine:)...After what you did to sorcerers & pvp with the patch you couldn't pay me to play this game.

Way to make a fail game Bioware and pad you're subscription numbers with free time!

And the trolls truly are relentless.

Wait wait wait!! I don't have a level 50 toon nor have I reached level 6 Legacy spe.... oh who gives a crap!

I seriously do not reach either option but I am indeed enjoying that BioWare came up with a very intelligent way to include those who are not 50s but have been around for quite some time. Good on them.

All those who complain here on out.... I blow my nose at you.

That's unfortunate, but if I read correctly, you have until April 22nd (next Sunday) to meet the criteria, so you may still be in with a chance, depending on how close you are.

Kinda forgot the "we're sorry", but it's a great gesture none the less.

Thank you Bioware for listening.

Pretty sure the fact that you are getting 30 free days for legacy 6 and them going out of their way to make a change and listen to the player base is a "were sorry".

Well, i for one kinda felt that anyone who has been with the game since day 1 should get the 30 days but that's just my opinion....coming from someone who pre-ordered and played, but hasnt had the time to play much, still a low level charecter around 30 i think. I still pay for my subscription. just not enough time to play... but just voicing my opinion..glad to see they did make it so other peeps who have leveld up multi charecters just havent reached endgame get it.

I've been quite critical of some things around these parts recently so it's only fair that I give credit when it's due. So yeah, good call here. I'm glad to see the change made and I do think that's at least a bit more fair way to measure 'loyalty'

Hello everyone! At BioWare we're always listening to our fans and we've heard our community's comments around players with Level 50 characters being the only group awarded 30 days of play time. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

We just released the innovative Legacy System as part of Game Update 1.2, and felt that looking at Legacy point progression across all of your characters was a great way to reward our most avid players. This means that any of the experience you earn with any of your characters brings you closer to the goal of Legacy Level 6. The choice of how to get to Legacy Level 6 is yours.

First, you need to have passed Chapter 1 to unlock your legacy. Examples of how to get to Legacy Level 6 include:

• A pair of characters Level 45 and 42
  • A trio of characters of Levels 45, 32 and 32
  • A bunch of characters Levels 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20
  • A single 50th level character that has enjoyed the endgame for a brief time

Remember these are just examples – you’re free to choose how to earn your Legacy experience to gain Legacy Level 6.

We've also got another significant piece of good news: everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT - click here for a time zone converter) to have a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account to get 30 days of game time on us. (Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.) Players will now have multiple options, as well as more time, to try and reach these goals and play all the great new content in Game Update 1.2.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk

Studio GM, BioWare Austin

[As an FYI: the news story and webpage regarding Legacy Promotion will be updated tonight or early next week with up-to-date information.]

Apology accepte... oh wait ...

meh, i am still cancelling, as final exam week is upon me and i certainly don't have the time to get multiple characters that high within a single week.

sorry bioware but it is completely offensive to me that in return for paying you guys a sub fee every month since release, i am expected to help subsidize you guys throwing free game time at hundreds of thousands of other players. nope just not gonna happen, so good bye.

Edited by AshleyLarrieux

There was mention of a pet Tauntaun as well on the website, who now gets that?

The Tauntaun pet will be given to all active subscribers by in-game mail on April 24 or 25 depending on where you live. You don't have to do anything else. If you are subscribed right now, you will have it then.

Golly gee, thanks!

But seriously . . . this is unacceptable. Once again, you seem to be missing the point. Some of us have been here since release, some of us signed up for for the six month "discount", some have big boy/girl jobs and can't play on mommy and daddy's dime (college), and some of us are burnt out on a game that promised so much, but delivered so very little; so we're looking for a little understanding and appreciation here.

Instead, we're given a "If you played THIS much, you'll be rewarded." No, screw that. I've been playing since launch, I purchased six months, I'm bored out of my freaking mind at level 44, and playing this static, lifeless game is just a step above chewing on cardboard.

You've lost me as a customer. *insert "See you in-game", "So long" or whatever comments are currently in favor*

I tried. I really, really, really tried. I wanted this game to succeed so much. I loathe WoW and there isn't another, currently available, MMO that even has a chance of holding my interest, but without a doubt, SWToR is a horrible game.

I'm sorry, but it's not me, it's you.

Thank you EA for botching a game with untold amounts of potential. Thank you Lucasarts for continuing your abject spiral of mediocrity. Thank you George Lucas for becoming the Ahab of the Star Wars franchise - epitomizing poor judgement, a disdain for the fans, and tunnel vision "creativity". I'd "thank" Bioware, but I (naively?) want to believe that they gave (and continue to give) it their all. Sadly, they were saddled with the weight of two megalomaniacal entities - EA and Lucas.

Later.

Edited by MrHibGib

Please rethink the free Tauntaun giveaway. It will be like Star Trek with Tribbles everywhere on Fleet! (sry everyone for the ST reference :p)

I was disappointed at not having a level 50 despite playing since launch. Using the legacy levels is a better idea ...proves you've been playing...just maybe not the same characters.

I think all will not be satisfied though. The only way to be completely fair and respect support is to go by time subscribed. I guess though there will always be something to make someone unhappy.

Edited by barcrow

Not to burst your bubble but i would imagine that the same conditions applied that were already in place, had to have legacy lvl 6 before midnight on April 12th 2012.

No - as Greg's post mentions - everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT) to gain either Legacy Level 6 or a level 50 character.

That hasn't changed - every active subscriber.

How do you calculate the legacy level or do I have to get in game to figure out my legacy level?

If you have your legacy bar displayed at the bottom (the purple one) you can just hover your mouse over it and a tooltip should tell you your current experience progress and legacy level.