Dual Spec: Let's Talk about it.

Spoonuser

This is why in WoW, there's a restriction on swapping out to your off-talent spec while inside of a battleground. You aren't allowed to do it. Whatever spec you clicked the, "ENTER BATTLEGROUND," button as is the one you're locked into playing as for that round.

It's a good system.

I would like that system combined with the RIFT system. The ability to choose from multiple builds and the ease of change from one to another. No need to talk to an npc to change one of those builds. Also, I hope they do not make the cost prohibitive. Players enjoy having freedom.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the amount of storylines and time put into it promotes multiple playthroughs.

I think the legacy system promotes multiple playthroughs.

I think dual specs would go right against the 2 previously mentioned items and not make any sense in this game. Which is interesting for me, because i'm usually for dual specs.

This is fail math.

BW gives you exactly 8 slots per server, one for each story and advanced class. How are you supposed to create an alt of the exact same advanced class you've already played when all the slots are full.

No way I'm playing the exact same story and AC again when there's 7 others to do.

Let people play whatever the frak they enjoy playing at any given time.

I play a Vanguard tank in PvE, I enjoy tanking, I've grinded the gear for it, my guild needs me for tanking content almost every night of the week.

I also play a ton of PvP with my guild, I don't enjoy shield spec in PvP because it is generally weak and I enjoy playing tactics more, again, I've grinded the gear for it, I know how to play the spec etc.

But everytime I want to do PvP before the evening raids start, I either have to play something I don't enjoy or shell out the respec cost, which can get up to 99800 credits very quickly, pissing me off in turn.

I can't even begin to fathom how many untold millions I have spend respeccing in general and frankly, I'm absolutely tired of it.

Respeccing wouldn't only make it easier to find FP groups while leveling up ("Need a healer/tank? I'll just take on the spec for a minute and get back to DPS later."), it would add to variety in specs, as I'm sure not trying out any unusual specs with the current cost.

• 5 weeks later...

All i know, is more options is usualy always better! And I will use it .

MMO tend to focus players in sertain given roles:

If you PvP, if you raird, if you solo, All those instances have specific builds are better than other, and the MMO players are perfectionist, Powerplayers, competivite. And knowing that giving them the option to not sufer much from changing what they want to do while playing is always good.

There are players that only pvp,solo or raid, and then the rest that want to do a little of everithing depending on their mood. and for those this ficture is nesesary.