Idiot traders

Grendel_Echo

Is it on forum any list of idiots trying to sell on GTN cheap items for a fortune? ;)

I know how the trading look in swtor, but when I see a bunch of people trying to sell eg. Zoosha Solution (crafting mat 800cr at vendor) for a price of 400k-600k/pc, or even 1 bilion credits, and others post their bids just a little lower, not thinking of it's real value, I think how weird those ppl must be...

Obviously everyone can sell in any price, but if it's on public, the others can judge this.

it's to trick people who don't read and also a system used by gold sellers to give away credits, in fact sometimes those weirdos listing at those prices have names like ''yourcredits'' or quite similar to the gold sellers' website.

but in general yes..you see people listing vendor items more than what you can find or lower than you can sell to said vendor.

1) There is an entire forum dedicated to crew skills, you'll likely get more answers if you post there.

2) Various gathering skills have missions that you can run to get the crafting materials, and in many (most) cases, the cost per unit is lower than the vendor cost. So you *can* profitably sell these mats for less than what the vendor charges for them. There are also people who craft near the GTN and would rather pay *more* for their mats on the GTN in order to avoid going to the mat vendor, so you can actually sell some for more than the vendor cost, regardless of whether you gathered the mats yourself or bought them from the vendor.

3) The people listing mats at the max price are usually trying to help out the community -- nobody is expected to be able to afford them, and it makes it clear whether you are looking at the top or bottom of the list (assuming you sorted it by price or unit-price.

The only traders I could possibly call idiots are those selling stuff for less than what they could get by selling them to a vendor. Their loss, I guess...

How about the reverse? I often see items listed on the GTN for less than you can get selling them to a vendor. And, the GTN takes tax / sales fees off the top too.

The only traders I could possibly call idiots are those selling stuff for less than what they could get by selling them to a vendor. Their loss, I guess...

Well you do have to realize that F2P get less from a vendor than a sub for the same item.

How about the reverse? I often see items listed on the GTN for less than you can get selling them to a vendor. and, the GTN takes tax / sales fees off the top too.

I find funny the people who post Jawa flowergrams for 1200 creds. They buy them for 1000, sell them for 1200 (assuming they sell),the GTN takes 6% (roughly 65 creds) so they net about 135 creds. OK, they made a profit, but that seems like a lot of bother to go through for 135 creds.

Also I hardly understand people offering some grade 5 blue quality companion gifts for less than 2k credits, when cost of sending a companion for mission is higher than 2k cr :).

Many of those gifts are plentiful, and don't vendor for much. Not all skills can get companion gifts, so people buy them.

I sometimes sell stuff for cheaper than what I could get from a vendor if it's cheapy and worthless to me and I already have a lot of credits but someone else might find it useful. Sometimes I also just go through my inventory in my Dromund Kaas or Coruscant strongholds and give out the stuff I'm too lazy to sell that's cluttering my storage in general chat.