Karagga's Palace HP increase is useless.

I truly dont get why it was needed to increase HP on mobs in KP ->if it was meant to curb KP farm then i couldve told u in advance that i would fail miserably. Unless you go in and do what you did for TOS farm and make the adds give zero conquest points and zerto renown this will continue. So the patch today not only did it not fix KP farm but actually made normal SM, HM and NIM runs more annoying by giving all mobs more HP.

Firstly, KP doesn't have a NiM mode.

Secondly, the change hardly affects people just going in to clear, as its mostly the optional mob groups (ones you don't pull unless doing KP farm) that got the large increase to HP, clearing the regular trash on the way to the boss is more or less the same.

You are right that this didn't stop KP farm tho, it only slowed it down, but the impact it has on people just clearing the Op is marginal.

Edited by Terro_Fett

You are right that this didn't stop KP farm tho, it only slowed it down, but the impact it has on people just clearing the Op is marginal.

Sadly true. Biow went through the trouble of fixing Dantooine Pirate Incursion event but the missing conquest objectives while restored now, were also stealthily nerfed from Infinitely Repeatable to Daily Repeatable(counts once for 1 alt across whole legacy now) and all that while KP farm is pretty much unaffected and farming is still rampant.

Edited by Darittha

So the obvious solution is to remove the trash altogether from the starting area, while keeping the trash past the first boss unaffected.

That said, removing the trash from the starting area of KP would probably just shift which op is being farmed if no corresponding changes are implemented in other ops (namely TfB, EC, Gods and Dxun).

So the obvious solution is to remove the trash altogether from the starting area, while keeping the trash past the first boss unaffected.

That said, removing the trash from the starting area of KP would probably just shift which op is being farmed if no corresponding changes are implemented in other ops (namely TfB, EC, Gods and Dxun).

Too extreme to remove them entirely, just change the numbers of cq points and renown they give - they did it with TOS so i dont see a problem in doing it with KP -> and maybe other ops as well. This type of farming isnt good for the game, with everyone farming KP its much harder to get groups for normal full run type of content. Also i remember that when KP farm was in full swing, mats you get from conquest(solid resource matrix) had their price halved within 2 hours on tuesday because week before that everyone capped even alts of their alts in KP farm.

Too extreme to remove them entirely, just change the numbers of cq points and renown they give - they did it with TOS so i dont see a problem in doing it with KP -> and maybe other ops as well.

If trash in the starting area is absolutely necessary in KP, I would just keep the two pulls inside the Palace's gates, and then ~80% of the trash would be removed without adversely affecting other areas of the game. (Removing a corresponding percentage of the trash from Gods or Dxun's starting areas, because they could end up replacing KP as farms if they are not careful, would make these ops closer in length to the other ops)

Simpler solution is to make all trash mobs in all operations give zero conquest/renown. They did this to XP in the bestia fight many expansions ago when that was being farmed for quick leveling. Do the same now.

Simpler solution is to make all trash mobs in all operations give zero conquest/renown. They did this to XP in the bestia fight many expansions ago when that was being farmed for quick leveling. Do the same now.

isn't this wrong? what they did to bestia and later tos was to removal the conquest/renown/experiance points given by adds that spawned during the bossfights, trash still gives points I am pretty sure

isn't this wrong? what they did to bestia and later tos was to removal the conquest/renown/experiance points given by adds that spawned during the bossfights, trash still gives points I am pretty sure

Correct. The fight was what people were farming at the time. Kill the adds up until sometime in Phase 3, and /stuck it and reset the boss. Now the farm is Trash mobs before any boss.

They clearly showed us that they don't approve of farming mobs whether it's in a boss fight (and /stucking it mid fight) or not. So if people are going to sit here and do the same thing. Kill mobs, and reset instance, then they clearly need to just make all trash have no renown/conquest in all operations. Only have the bosses give any Renown/conquest.

Edited by Toraak

As I stated elsewhere you can have trash mobs award conquest points, but players only get them after they've killed the boss before the last one in an operation.

aber aber... denk doch mal an die kinder... die können doch keine bosse legen....

but but ... think of the children.... they cant kill bosses....

btw.. wenn du noch ne raidgruppe suchst boris.. meld dich mal bei leonna im neidmeer discord :p

If you really think, that now that they have fully nerfed KP farming that you will have more ppl to do ops with, your sadly delusional, KP farming has done one thing, it's brought more ppl together for a common goal and I'm sure if they look at the numbers, subscriber count has gone up. Since the only way to get into an OP is by being one.

so to the Devs. Just let ppl do what they like to and you will find things will just balance it's self out in time and remember were your pay checks are coming from, It's the masses that farm not the few who always complain, I have no one to pvp with or do ops with, Rest assured after this nerf they still won't.

PPS: why not make content made for farming to get it over with faster then ppl will go back to regular game play sooner.

Edited by Yoichikun

If you really think, that now that they have fully nerfed KP farming that you will have more ppl to do ops with, your sadly delusional, KP farming has done one thing, it's brought more ppl together for a common goal and I'm sure if they look at the numbers, subscriber count has gone up. Since the only way to get into an OP is by being one.

so to the Devs. Just let ppl do what they like to and you will find things will just balance it's self out in time and remember were your pay checks are coming from, It's the masses that farm not the few who always complain, I have no one to pvp with or do ops with, Rest assured after this nerf they still won't.

PPS: why not make content made for farming to get it over with faster then ppl will go back to regular game play sooner.

The problem is that they may as well never return to regular game play again...

subscriber count has gone up. Since the only way to get into an OP is by being one.

so to the Devs. Just let ppl do what they like to and you will find things will just balance it's self out in time and remember were your pay checks are coming from, It's the masses that farm not the few who always complain

so you have the numbers? from what i see the total player count has decreased. almost nobody does gf operatioins.

imagine you are a new player and you have no clue about operations. who is bringing you into them? should people who know nothing bout operations make their own groups?

conquest wasnt winnable if you didnt do karraga farm (play your way?)

everything about karraga farm was bad for the total state of the game. all q's dead because of it.

people like you just pushed it beyond sanity, didnt care about new players and everything else beside your arses.

they even got rid of the LBLO farm because it was silly, boring and was catering lazy gameplay...

but hey kp farm needs to stay....

you could have forseen that they will get rid of it as it is their policy to encourage to play everything and not only 1! thing...

it was unbalanced... people like you abused it... here is your reward...

I didn't grind it for CQ I did it for renown only cause the devs made a a cheevo on renown 999 and yet I still don't have 1 toon at renown 99 yet cause I work 60 hrs a week and 2 hrs of travel each day and then there is taking care of the family on top of that so to have 1 day a week that I can get in some good farming which is god sent. If you have all the time to sit and grind I'm jealous of you cause I need to make a living and can't just sit on my *** playing games all day long and yet I don't sit there and complain about ppl getting something I can't. I'm grateful for what I can get and help the ppl that I can.

I didn't grind it for CQ I did it for renown only cause the devs made a a cheevo on renown 999 and yet I still don't have 1 toon at renown 99 yet cause I work 60 hrs a week and 2 hrs of travel each day and then there is taking care of the family on top of that so to have 1 day a week that I can get in some good farming which is god sent. If you have all the time to sit and grind I'm jealous of you cause I need to make a living and can't just sit on my *** playing games all day long and yet I don't sit there and complain about ppl getting something I can't. I'm grateful for what I can get and help the ppl that I can.

I'm totally with you, family man myself. I honestly can't be bothered chasing achievements in computer games in the first place, though, since pretty much all of them involve some kind of grinding and there's really better things to do with ones time than to spend it grinding activities that are not even fun to do. The Renown one is especially stupid for sure. I think SWTOR has a lot of fun to offer in just playing the game :-)

so you have the numbers? from what i see the total player count has decreased. almost nobody does gf operatioins.

imagine you are a new player and you have no clue about operations. who is bringing you into them? should people who know nothing bout operations make their own groups?

conquest wasnt winnable if you didnt do karraga farm (play your way?)

everything about karraga farm was bad for the total state of the game. all q's dead because of it.

There's usually just 3 planets to conquer, and there can be only 3 winners. If those guilds want to farm their brains into mush, let them. Nobody else is going to win anyways. For a lot of people KP farm was a way to cap their toons fast then go play whatever they want to play and enjoy the game. That is gone now.

Also, all GF queues are not dead because of KP farm. I stopped pugging sm ops when most of the people were simply bad and wiping because of stupid. On story mode. I also stopped pugging for fps when BW introduced 6.0 with Hammer Station farming. Every now and then I still try, and it's always HS, and with the most toxic individuals in the galaxy. I rather just go play something else than deal with those jerks.