Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Troubleshooting Lagging

PikaTheTurtle
10.13.2017 , 10:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ObsidianBones View Post
Legitimate question as I was having the same problem and it turned out to be where my modem was placed in the house (the laptop I run SWTOR on is upstairs and the modem is downstairs). Also, I got a boost from my ISP to where, and this is what they told me, the box itself will "search" for channels that don't have a lot of traffic to get the best signal. Again, this is just what they told me, but there is something to the waves that the modem sends out that they can be block by objects. Is your modem inside a cabinet or something of that sort or is it in the open? If it's inside something, take it out and try that. If it's already in the open, you might need to call your ISP and see what they can do. I ended up getting a new box and a signal boost. So far, everything's working great. Let me know if this works for you.
Thanks. The modem is out in the open, on a counter raised about 3 feet off the ground, maybe 25 feet (through only one wall) from where my computer is--it is almost line of sight to my computer, on the same floor.

I am going to try audio call instead of video call next time on Google Hangout.

JediQuaker
10.14.2017 , 09:18 AM | #12
You could try (temporarily) moving your computer close to the modem and see how well SWTOR works there. If it improves, then getting a better quality USB Wi-Fi adapter may be the answer. The good thing about PCIe adapters is that they generally have better antennas than USB types, and can handle a weaker signal better.
Also, if the modem has movable antennas, you could experiment with different angles to see what gives you the best reception at your computer.