Can anyone get decent frame rate with 4gb ram? 16man & world boss fights

cfcstl

I am considering upgrading my video card if it would help with frame rate on larger group fights but with only 4 gb ram, not sure if any video card will help. Anyone have decent or playable frame rate with 4gb ram? If so, post your video card. Thanks

I recently lost my graphics card and the game has been essentially unplayable for me for over a week using integrated graphics, even with the settings on low (averaging 11 FPS). I was doing 60 FPS with the card.

While much of this game relies more on the power of your CPU, a GPU can definitely help, and definitely makes the game prettier. In my case, my integrated graphics are so old it's useless to bother, I need a GPU. Luckily the new one I ordered should arrive tomorrow, yay me.

If you go here you'll see the rankings for various graphics cards. My dead card was an nvidia 680 GTX.

I had to go cheap with the new one because I'm poor, so got an nvidia 1050 Ti.

Anything ranked right around the 680 GTX makes the game doable.

I have 32GB of RAM, not 4, and the game and operating system loaded on an SSD, but a GPU will definitely help you out with overall playability.

Edited by xordevoreaux

If you aren't running anything else at the same time (RAM eaters like Chrome especially) then you should be ok on 4 GB. It will be tight though.

I't been a long, long time since I only have 4 GB though so things may have changed. It might be worthwhile to pop at least an extra 4 GB in there, which should be fairly cheap.

My problem is I cannot add any more ram. The game plays fine except when I try to play 16 man ops or the Ossus bosses that are really bad. I get maybe 1 frame per second during those fights. I have a 650 ti and could upgrade unless its a waste of time with a 4 gb of ram limit. I am hoping someone still plays with 4 gb and can post their video card that works better than what I am getting.

My problem is I cannot add any more ram. The game plays fine except when I try to play 16 man ops or the Ossus bosses that are really bad. I get maybe 1 frame per second during those fights. I have a 650 ti and could upgrade unless its a waste of time with a 4 gb of ram limit. I am hoping someone still plays with 4 gb and can post their video card that works better than what I am getting.

It will partially depend on what version of Windows you are running and how many back ground services or apps or programs you are running. Windows 10 will use more ram.

Is there a reason you can’t add a higher capacity ram stick? If you can upgrade the graphics card you should be able to upgrade the ram size by replacing your current stick.

Edited by Totemdancer

4 gb RAM is too little. Getting a new video card will not help you, and honestly, sounds pretty silly idea when you are bottle necked by that amount of RAM. When I upgraded from 8 gb to 16 gb, even then the difference was noticeable with every game I played.

YOu say you cannot add more RAM, why not? YOu have a pair there, right? Get new one.

Edited by tahol