yoda's race

DarkJediMage

what is the name of yoda's race? why didn't they incorporate yoda's race on the republic's side of swtor?

George refuses to allow anyone to name it. It's supposed to be a mystery. George doesn't allow any company to allow anyone to play a Yoda race.

Yoda's race is meant to be a mystery, and as such very few members of his species are ever encountered in Star Wars properties: we've got Yoda and Yaddle in the Saga (Yaddle's the female of his species on the Jedi Council in Episode I), Master Vandar Tokare in the KOTOR franchise, Master Oteg in TOR, and Minch, a Jedi Knight who was probably a contemporary of Yoda who tracked a Bpfasshi Dark Jedi Master to Dagobah and killed him (creating the dark side cave below the tree, basically, tho I think Zahn said Yoda did that himself in the Thrawn Trilogy).

Minch's story was potentially non-canon, as it was intended--I think--to be a story about Yoda as a young Jedi Knight; "Minch" was Yoda's given name in the early story treatment for Episode V, and in some other early drafts. Lucasfilm's since said that Minch isn't Yoda, nor is it part of his name; it's just a Jedi Knight of the same species around the same time, and the character's now canon since he was mentioned in another source beyond Star Wars Tales.

And no, Yoda's species aren't "the Whills" from the ol' "Journal of the Whills" thing.

Did you read what he said? They don't allow people to play as Yoda's species, nor allow them to expand on them or create canon.

Vandar and Yaddle were not played as, nor did they bring anything radical to the story of SW about their species.

With the exception of Soul Calibur III. Yoda is playable. :p

I have always found it silly that Lucas won't name Yoda's species, it clearly *is* a species, as multiple members exist of it, leave the details a mystery, but to not have a name is just stupid, to draw a parallel to the real world, we have no clue what dark matter is, but we still bloody named it.

George is just being silly

I have always found it silly that Lucas won't name Yoda's species, it clearly *is* a species, as multiple members exist of it, leave the details a mystery, but to not have a name is just stupid, to draw a parallel to the real world, we have no clue what dark matter is, but we still bloody named it.

George is just being silly

George Lucas is about the second most eccentric filmmaker right after Woody Allen. He doesn't do stuff on purpose. To be clear, he purposely does NOT do stuff that fans think he should. Why? Because he has clearly stated by both words and actions that he doesn't care about his fans. He looks at fans as a fast payday. Nothing more. So as long as we continue to buy Star Wars merchandise, he continues to make money off of us. lol

And yes, that includes TOR here. His logo is on it, therefore he makes bank. :p

• 10 months later...
Well you got to remember George Lucas sold The Star Wars franchise to Disney so you never know the might put the yodas race in the game.

And you gotta realize you necro'd a thread from almost a year ago, that was before the Disney deal went through.

But you do have a point. With the sale, Disney could finally reveal more about Yoda's race. Which personally, I'm on the fence about it. With as long as it's been a mystery, it would have to be pretty damn epic. If it was just something like "They come from the planet Yod-coolas, and are very xenophobic, and super-rarely leave their homeworld" then it's just going to be a giant let-down.