got a screen shot this time

Kane_Ren

I had the not contributing thing for the match several times. I even scored 2 mine kills before a laser snapshot on a passing ship finally told me I was contributing again. I got the top slot on the board and the double req is all that stopped me from logging out in anger. I know I should have got way more.

http://imageshack.com/a/img199/917/te7b7.jpg

But... That's about how much I am usually getting with my Nova for similar performance...

Well, if you had double exp active, then yeah, it is bovine excrement.

Of course, I will not deny that that thing is broken as hell and needs to be fixed.

We are getting 2.6.1 tomorrow, let's hope the fix will be on the list.

I had the not contributing thing for the match several times. I even scored 2 mine kills before a laser snapshot on a passing ship finally told me I was contributing again. I got the top slot on the board and the double req is all that stopped me from logging out in anger. I know I should have got way more.

http://imageshack.com/a/img199/917/te7b7.jpg

if you haven't already it might be worth it to post in the bug reports forum. couldn't hurt.

You have to understand the "contributing" rules if what is important to you is maxing out ship-req.

1. Avoidance-flying over a neutral satellite, while it may help your team win, is not Contributing.

2. Laying a bunch of mines/drones and then hiding off some place in wait is not Contributing, even if your mines/drones do damage to enemy ships.

3. Being shot at, running away to avoid being killed is not considered Contributing. You need to hit stuff yourself.

If just winning is important to you, you're best off not paying any attention to the "Contributing" message. Yes, the Contributing message popping up for a brief time will massively debuff your overall results. But are you playing for wins or ship-req?

If playing for ship-req, let them cap, then take it back. It is more efficient.

If playing for ship-req, play the ship you want req on, not the one the team needs.

If playing for ship-req, just play for it, don't complain you sometimes get more for a loss in which you make sure to love-tap the Contributing system.

Funny I have never gotten non-contributing ever, even when I'm sitting on a node in my own bomber.

You're likely sitting on a satelite you own, therefore "defense" medals are being earned and you are contributing. Many behaviors, while useful to winning don't reward ship-req and are not considered "Contributing". However, had you been flying in circles around a neutral sateliete to keep it neutral or an enemy sateliete to keep turrets from spawning, you would not be contributing.

If playing for ship-req, let them cap, then take it back. It is more efficient.

If playing for ship-req, play the ship you want req on, not the one the team needs.

If playing for ship-req, just play for it, don't complain you sometimes get more for a loss in which you make sure to love-tap the Contributing system.

Gotta be reasonable here, if someone wants ship req for their bomber, they are in, somehow, harder situation than the rest of us. If they'd be actively playing for req - attacking and dogfighting, they might be just as well gimping their own team, and not having as much fun. This is videogame, made to entertain. If bomber pilots have to cut their entertainment to "earn" their fun for later, it is just wrong.