15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 3 picks, huh.

1. PVP content. More WZ's.

2. PVP content. A diff location from fleet with all the things a pvper needs like vendors, class trainerss, mission givers and a dueling area. Etc.

2. PVP content. More pvp vendor items to spend comms on.

I agree! I'd want a pvp section on fleet or something, more pvp-only content.. IDC if they bring 2 new arenas, but include more than just that! Warzones, buffs, more choices of gear, dailies, weeklies, in-game tournaments not organized by players, more items to use comms for... Hell, different types of WZs too?

I picked PvP Content, Planets, Class Stories, Mini-games, and Other.

For me, "Other" means graphical and quality-of-life things that affect my immersion as a player. For instance:

1. Engine fixes.
  2. Let us sit on all of the available chairs, benches, seats, barstools, etc. in the game. HUGE QoL and RP improvement.
  3. Let us swim in the water. Give Tech users an Aquata Breather passive ability and give Force users a Breath Control passive ability. Then add Selkath as a playable race and throw in the planet Manaan.
  4. Chat bubbles.

Okay, that's it. Thanks for the poll guys and keep up the good work!

Edited by RodneyMcNeely

I agree with you entirely! General Discussion and this forums can certainly be a great representation of the playerbase at large, and its opinions. I don't want you to get the idea that I was saying otherwise. My reasoning is specifically tied to polls. Again, not that polls are bad, just that in many cases players can misunderstand poll results as "undeniable proof" of a point. It is when you can put a tangible number behind an opinion that things get a bit tricky and that is where the "in a vacuum" comment comes in. (like the Warzone type example I made)

-eric

Fair enough Mr Musco. The only thing I would impart here is that perhaps the devs should consider less expensive class story extension methods OTHER than a Makeb style expansion....that is, if they feel this is something the playerbase wants in majority.

And bios. We are, IMO, our characters.

I have made one suggestion, but by no means the only one. There are quite a few good ideas out there on how to provide story extensions while keeping costs low.

Edited by LordArtemis

If we don't get more HBs I'm going to put the BW logo on a glove then smack myself in the face with it.

I'm with ya...I'll put the BW logo on a glove and slap you too! ;)

746 responses thus far. Not too shabby. Good to see actually.

Prior to Eric posting today, we had 473 votes, as of like 9am my time, right now it's 2:45pm and it's 757...kinda demonstrates the power of a YELLOW post doesn't it?!

...and so far, other than a jump in PVP from late comers, the numbers seem to be running the same...the top three are still the top three, class stories by a wide margin.

My guess is it is how it will be for the most part, but would like to see if it reaches 1000 votes.

I REALLY want the class stories to continue. That's really the only worth while content SWTOR has. Everything else reeks of mediocre. The PVP is the only thing I like in this game now.

So class stories, and PvP.

Though I'm 100% sure Bioware will NEVER continue class stories. It will cost them too much money. God forbid you spend a little money improving your game.

Not if you listen to some people :p

Actually if you do the math that Eric doesn't want to do, it's quite representative.

Let's consider this, Gallup Research does a poll on whether the people of America approve or disapprove of elected officials job ratings. This poll is reported as fair and accurate in accordance with how polls get run.

With this in mind let's do some math. There are 150 million registered voters in America. 207 million adults who could vote if registered. Now, one would think that there would be a huge number of people polled given these numbers. In fact, only 1500 (.0000075% of adults) people were polled. And yet, that poll is reported world wide as statistically accurate.

Now, let's look at this poll. 700 (~ .00025%) poll entries out of maybe 3 million players including F2P and preferred? Seems to me to be rather a significant result.

Edited by ikinai

My choices in order or preferance:

Choice #1: PvP content. And most specifically, the Huttball league which so many have already voiced about in the PvP section.

Choice #2: Class story. I think it's pretty obvious.. the storytelling of this game is very well done. And we want more. 71% of the people that voted so far want more. I honestly dislike how abruptly many of them end.

Choice #3: Planets. And with planets I don't mean tiny crap like Oricon. I mean actual full sized planets like Tatooine and Hoth.

Prior to Eric posting today, we had 473 votes, as of like 9am my time, right now it's 2:45pm and it's 757...kinda demonstrates the power of a YELLOW post doesn't it?!

Very true. Take note Eric!

All the talk about a lack of bias and then a thread like this shows up. The very idea that people are trying to rouse others to bump their pet category shows the inherent bias in this setup. Either they were underrepresented before or they are overrepresented now, because I would be surprised if its presence has no effect on the results.

Actually if you do the math that Eric doesn't want to do, it's quite representative.

Let's consider this, Gallup Research does a poll on whether the people of America approve or disapprove of elected officials job ratings. This poll is reported as fair and accurate in accordance with how polls get run.

With this in mind let's do some math. There are 150 million registered voters in America. 207 million adults who could vote if registered. Now, one would think that there would be a huge number of people polled given these numbers. In fact, only 1500 people were polled. And yet, that poll is reported world wide as statistically accurate.

Now, let's look at this poll. 700 poll entries out of maybe 3 million players including F2P and preferred? Seems to me to be rather a significant result.

The problem is the sampling not the size. Gallup will actually put effort into getting a good representation of the voters.

A forum poll on the other hand does not provide a good sample of the players. Only people who frequent the forums even know that the poll exists.

All the talk about a lack of bias and then a thread like this shows up. The very idea that people are trying to rouse others to bump their pet category shows the inherent bias in this setup. Either they were underrepresented before or they are overrepresented now, because I would be surprised if its presence has no effect on the results.

Yes, well the poll was moving along fine without special interest lobbying. But once lobbying starts....it will have an effect, though it may be temporary. PvPers have as much right to the poll as anyone else. I'm surprised they stay hunkered down so hard in their subforum that they have to be trolled out of there. :)

Edited by Andryah

Thanks in advance TUX you're a good pal!

And yeah it's like kites chasing the golden sun over shimmering waves... or flies to, stuff. :rak_07:

...and so far, other than a jump in PVP from late comers, the numbers seem to be running the same...the top three are still the top three, class stories by a wide margin.

My guess is it is how it will be for the most part, but would like to see if it reaches 1000 votes.

/Agree.

Now, let's look at this poll. 700 (~ .00025%) poll entries out of maybe 3 million players including F2P and preferred? Seems to me to be rather a significant result.

There's at least +-900,000, across the US and EU. That's a safer number to make up than what you have.

I don't mean to be that guy, but there's no way SWTOR has three million players because if the game sold about 2m copies on release and had ~1.7m subscribers, and went F2P about a year or something later. Then that means SWTOR lost a significant amount of subs, and gained a significant amount of F2P.

But maybe I'm just being cray. Maybe SWTOR has a bajillion subs and the masterminds at BioWare decided to make the game open to f2p just so others could try before they buy.

You make sense though, I just don't like how ya said 3 million players total, that seems far-fetched.

The problem is the sampling not the size. Gallup will actually put effort into getting a good representation of the voters.

A forum poll on the other hand does not provide a good sample of the players. Only people who frequent the forums even know that the poll exists.

Actually it's a poll of someone who answers their phone when a random number calls it and asks if you like how the politician is doing. There is no effort put into the approval/disapproval poll.

You make sense though, I just don't like how ya said 3 million players total, that seems far-fetched.

Not to derail the thread, but based on my prior analysis... we have somewhere between 900K and 2M active players at current server loads. Yeah.. it's a wide range.. because we are looking at ranged data for server loads and what they mean in terms of logged in and a corresponding factor for logged-in as a % of total players active. It's likely it's somewhere close to the mid point between those two end points (ie: 1.4M)

Choice #2: Class story. I think it's pretty obvious.. the storytelling of this game is very well done. And we want more. 71% of the people that voted so far want more. I honestly dislike how abruptly many of them end.

Choice #3: Planets. And with planets I don't mean tiny crap like Oricon. I mean actual full sized planets like Tatooine and Hoth.

This surprises me because as far as I knew you're only playing sin and shadow. And I don't think I've ever seen you step outside the fleet.

Did you just come out the PvE closet?

And you still owe me that name change.

Edited by MidichIorian

This surprises me because as far as I knew you're only playing sin and shadow. And I don't think I've ever seen you step outside the fleet.

Did you just come out the PvE closet?

And you still owe me that name change.

Nah, I just like story. The PvE that makes you braindead is what I avoid. Aka operations and stuff like that. Where you hit one and the same thing for 5+ minutes straight without anything really thrilling happening.

There's at least +-900,000, across the US and EU. That's a safer number to make up than what you have.

I don't mean to be that guy, but there's no way SWTOR has three million players because if the game sold about 2m copies on release and had ~1.7m subscribers, and went F2P about a year or something later. Then that means SWTOR lost a significant amount of subs, and gained a significant amount of F2P.

But maybe I'm just being cray. Maybe SWTOR has a bajillion subs and the masterminds at BioWare decided to make the game open to f2p just so others could try before they buy.

Of course it's far fetched, the whole point is that people dismiss this poll because of the sample size. And yet, the sample size is far better for this than most polls that are taken seriously. Not that a poll for a game should be taken seriously in any way shape or form.

Now if y'all will excuse me, my tonkatsu curry don and takayaki await :p

Okay, since polls are to be forbidden and an accurate one impossible at the moment let's just pretend there isn't a poll here. Simply take this single post for what it is, a single person's opinion.

=====

Why I play SWTOR:

Interesting character stories

What SWTOR lacks for me (hasn't changed since before launch):

Varied AI

Robust space experience

Cantinas that feel like Star Wars cantinas

Pazaak, swoop racing minigames

Why the lacking items matter to me:

I've been doing the character stories incredibly, exceptionally, amazingly slowly to buy time for the other things to appear ... and I'm running out of interesting character studies.

=====

Thanks for a feedback chance.

Edited by Stryklone