Switching over to steam

MrParrcheezy

Okay, before I make any decisions on whether or not to switch over to steam launcher, I need some information...

1-is there a way to link my account, or will I have to create a new one?

1.1-if it's possible to link accounts, then how!?

2-Must I uninstall SWTOR before I go through steam or is there a shortcut?

I'm sure other people will explain the safe way to move folders, but for me, I just installed it on Steam and logged in normally through the launcher. Steam gives you the same launcher. I did however find it impossible to install it on Steam without already having it on Origin. I'm not sure why that happened.

The account link happens automatically when you login with the Steam launcher. It looks the same as the non-streaming launcher from swtor.com but there's some extra code behind the scenes that does this link. I've heard your Steam email needs to match your SWTOR/Origin email or there can be problems. Not sure if those have been fixed yet.

I went the long route of uninstalling and reinstalling through Steam, but others have said there is a way of copying the files into the Steam folder. You can do a search on that.

I've heard your Steam email needs to match your SWTOR/Origin email or there can be problems.

That could be a good point, thus I quote it.

I have Swtor on an external SSD which I don't always have with me (I play on a laptop). Yesterday I installed the Steam version (full re-download and installation) on my (much slower) internal HDD. The link of the accounts happened automatically. I use the same e-mail for Swtor and Steam though. In my Swtor account, it shows my connected Steam account.

Now I can play Swtor, even if I don't have the fast SSD with me. Win-win. ;)

My steam account uses a total different email then my swtor account. So thankfully it does not need the same email and it does not link.

I uninstalled my old install (I did not even use Origin btw, I still used the old original from direct from disc install) and reinstalled in Steam in a little bit over a hour and still log in using my trusted ancient ea credentials.