Any penalty for skipping conversations?

imnotme

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a penalty for skipping conversations? I know that in some conversations there are opportunities to earn light/dark side points or even companion points-- but I also found out that if you hit the space bar you can skip through conversations for faster leveling. Being new, I dont know which conversations result in a possible gain of points, so Ive been too affraid to use this option. If you skip, do you lose the chance to answer? Or will it just skip dialogue that has no real consequences? Any help is appreciated!

you can't Skip conversation completely. You can Space Bar threw them but it will ALWAYS make you choose your dialog choices. If you try to Escape out completely it just acts as if you never spoke to the NPC at all. Edited by Kindara

and you'll be to level 50 and be QQ'ing over that there is nothing to do, while you wait for others to get to the top.

Nah, my interest is for areas that Ive already done on other toons. I enjoy the story VERY much, but sometimes if Ive already done something I dont have the desire to do it again more than need be---- if that makes sense. Other times, like I am now, Im in a hurry to catch my bro so that I can start leveling with him and so that Im not holding him up too much but I dont want to miss out on rep points.. that sort of thing.

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a penalty for skipping conversations?

The only penalty I can think of is the potential loss of 'social points' from a non-conformant choice of dialogue in group quests or encounters. Technically, it's a toss-up anyway, but, without the proper context.. you may not get a full grasp of the choice you make.

Other than that, there's no harm, aside from the loss of story. Which is pretty significant as it is!

aside from the loss of story. Which is pretty significant as it is!

I agree. The story is excellent. I dont want to skip parts I havent seen, just parts I have seen already. I just cant remember which parts give points and which dont, so I was affraid to skip blindly and risk a loss of points.

Normal responses have no affect on really anything at all except how much affection you get/don't get for certain companions.

If you are facing a dark/light choice, mousing over the choice will show you which kind of points it will give. Alternatively, I believe under the UI tab in preferences, you can set a conversation option that shows whether a choice gives light/dark points next to the choice, so you do not have to mouse over them.