1.6 why give it away Devs Please read

DarthBeelzebub

Devs its time that u give something to those of us that have put in the time to get are Warhero titles and above and have taken the time to get the gear. The last few times now we have got nothing in return.

You keep giveing the gear away to all the cry babies becasue they dont want to put the time in, its not fair to those of us that have put the time and effort in to get the tittles and the gear.

So how aboutt his give to us those with the War Hero title and above a expertise and stat boost (3-5%) and give it to us each time till we get Valor 100 that would be 4 boost's in all with valor 100 being the biggest boost. And make it worth while. You all know the time it takes to get valor 100 so reward those that have taken the time to get it.

Edited by DarthBeelzebub
misspelled a few words

Devs its time that u give something to those of us that have put in the time to get are Warhero titles and above and have taken the time to get the gear. The last few times now we have got nothing in return.

You keep giveing the gear away to all the cry babies becasue they dont want to put the time in, its not fair to those of us that have put the time and effort in to get the tittles and the gear.

So how aboutt his give to us those with the War Hero title and above a expertise and stat boost (3-5%) and give it to us each time till we get Valor 100 that would be 4 boost's in all with valor 100 being the biggest boost. And make it worth while. You all know the time it takes to get valor 100 so reward those that have taken the time to get it.

From Bioware, to this guy.... Ok how about we make your 7k smash hit for 8k....this is for you only because you paid more per month than the rest of the subscribers :)...here you go..../wave hands ...... Pewpew away

Surely the title is the reward. It shows you have won or lost a lot of pvp games. If one has that much pvp experience then surely any artificial boost is unnecessary. The advantage, if that is what you want, lies in superior knowledge and tactics.

Fully min/maxed augmented WH here and I am 100% fine with the changes being made to the gear grind. Having done the majority of the grind on a dead server (which sucked) I feel in no way am I entitled to anything or should feel different now that (and lets face it they will be) handing out WH gear. This change will have only positive effects on PvP. With more and more players achieving BIS for PvP maybe all the crying about class nerfs and premades and gear gaps will finally go away (well maybe not the nerfs but the other two might).

I play to have fun. I got some good gear out of it. I have smashed people for close to 9.5k and they have died in the time it takes to leap/smash/vicious throw. This wasn't fun for anyone. So now they get gear and matches get more competitive. That is its own reward.

As a matter of clarification, all of us Vet grinders still get to keep our titles. Players will still need to earn the Valor to have those, even if they get the gear pretty easily.

And trust me mang, if you are a true PvPer at heart, you will be happy to see the gear gap closed. Fights and matches are going to be a lot more fun now. The potential for good fights will increase, while the grinding nature of WZs decrease. You will notice any grind a lot less because you will be having more fun in the fights themselves.

Now I did say the above with my Tinfoil Hat on and you can hold me to it. If it does not come to be, I will reluctantly delete my Sage.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Really what they need to do is simply leave is the old PvP gear. Take away to need to turn in old pieces to get new stuff, and tie the gear to valor rank. All gear requires WZ comms to buy, or in the case of WH and EWH, both RWZ and WZ comms. And give the ability to buy the gear ahead of time, you just can't use it until you get the valor rank.

Recruit: Requires Valor 0

Champion: Requires Valor 40

Battlemaster: Requires Valor 50

War Hero: Requires Valor 60

Elite War Hero: Requires Valor 70

Now you have to tweak all the gear in such a way that the difference between the top and bottom tiers is only about 3% - 4% overall. But keep some real gear progression, and really sets apart those who commit to pvp, as they will have the best gear, as they should.

Edited by jgoldsack

The experience gained from the PvP is more valuable than the gear itself, plus you will still be able to get better gear and make your character stronger. At least Failware made the WH gear so ugly that most of us have it sitting in our cargo holds waiting to be exchanged!

Your response to Bioware's attempt to fix the gear gap so that fresh 50s aren't scared away from PvP is to make it even worse?

He's skeered because his gear crutch is being yanked out from under him. One of those keyboard warriors who says: "3-5% isn't much of a difference, I could pwn nubs in recruit gear all day long if I wanted to."

News flash: this is an MMO and things change all the time. 6 months from now we'll have Ultimate Supreme Optimus Prime Elite War Hero gear and players will be raging about that. Valor is given away like candy these days, so the title means nothing more than you skipped a few nights of watching Jersey Shore just to PvP. Who cares?

Edited by TheronFett

He's skeered because his gear crutch is being yanked out from under him. One of those keyboard warriors who says: "3-5% isn't much of a difference, I could pwn nubs in recruit gear all day long if I wanted to."

News flash: this is an MMO and things change all the time. 6 months from now we'll have Ultimate Supreme Optimus Prime Elite War Hero gear and players will be raging about that. Valor is given away like candy these days, so the title means nothing more than you skipped a few nights of watching Jersey Shore just to PvP. Who cares?

I take it you weren't here for Illum in its prime.... valor handed out like candy these days, LOL.

Fully min/maxed augmented WH here and I am 100% fine with the changes being made to the gear grind. Having done the majority of the grind on a dead server (which sucked) I feel in no way am I entitled to anything or should feel different now that (and lets face it they will be) handing out WH gear. This change will have only positive effects on PvP. With more and more players achieving BIS for PvP maybe all the crying about class nerfs and premades and gear gaps will finally go away (well maybe not the nerfs but the other two might).

What he said. I did the same grind on the same server and I feel the same way.

You all totally misss the point, I feel that everyone should have to go threw the same grind to get the gear I am in now. No reason why u shouldnt get your tails handed to u over and over like the rest of us did till we got the gear to be able to hang with the big boys.

But you all come from a generation that thinks everything needs to be handed to u on a silver platter and are afraid to work for it! So we get what we get again nothing. PvP is about puting in the work to get the gear just like PVE u have to work for it but, With 1.6 again the cry babies get there way and the Vets who did al the work the hard way get nothing in return.......

I like many others have done the grind. Bags, crates , merc comms etc. I do not mind the decrease in the grind. Hopefully this will stimulate the pvp community and generate more competitive matches. I don't care if it took me longer to get my wh gear.

You all totally misss the point, I feel that everyone should have to go threw the same grind to get the gear I am in now. No reason why u shouldnt get your tails handed to u over and over like the rest of us did till we got the gear to be able to hang with the big boys.

But you all come from a generation that thinks everything needs to be handed to u on a silver platter and are afraid to work for it! So we get what we get again nothing. PvP is about puting in the work to get the gear just like PVE u have to work for it but, With 1.6 again the cry babies get there way and the Vets who did al the work the hard way get nothing in return.......

I understand this is the view by many. However I do not consider pvp work. It is a game. This is not 1/5 and being stuck in Fallujah. Those guys are vets. If I thought playing this game was work , I would stop "working." I will agree that current generations do have a sense of entitlement compared to prior generations, but seriously this is a game.

I like many others have done the grind. Bags, crates , merc comms etc. I do not mind the decrease in the grind. Hopefully this will stimulate the pvp community and generate more competitive matches. I don't care if it took me longer to get my wh gear.

This is another thing. Maybe if it only takes a month to min-max, instead of, like 5, we'll see more people willing to tackle ranked.

At least you could queue and play with other imps. There were lots of times when 8 pub pvpers weren't even online and those who were were SOL.

I could care less how easy they make the grind, though I do think it's funny/sad how BW continually caters to the carebears and crybabies.

I take it you weren't here for Illum in its prime.... valor handed out like candy these days, LOL.

Been here since beta. Yes, I remember the Ilum debacle. However, I was one of the players with scruples who didn't participate in the exploiting and win trading. I actually worked for my Battlemaster gear, I didn't have it handed to me in a day.

Oh, sure, increase expertise. What a brilliant idea.:rolleyes: We need LESS expertise, not more. The developers are trying to minimize the gear gap and you want to make it wider. Are you afraid some new level 50 is going to smash your brains into oblivion?

The OP is nuts. I don't care for hand outs. I for one, DO think they should have increased the valor cap to 150 or w/e (Just for the title) a long time ago. I got valor 100 in June 2012 and I'm very damn near 100k player kills, I would for sure be among the highest legitimately obtained valor players across all servers (Not that this would mean I'm any good; but defly means I ain't no slouch). These days, valor doesn't mean much and that feels wrong; valor tells the story of ~ how many war zones you have been in, and win or lose, the experience gained in those WZs has no price (Like hours flown to a pilot).

Everyone and their fams is valor 100 now.... and I was forced to stop at 100? why?! :mad:

Edited by Seengularity

YEs lets keep rewarding TIME isntead of skill so we can keep seeing clueless keyboard turner and clicckers walking around in Warlord tittles and full WH because they still arent of legal age to work and have a job therefore have alot of free time...

NO, GIVE US RATING REQUIREMENTS ON GEAR...so people actually play rateds..and so we can SEPARATE skilled for unskilled..God bless good old times in TBC when getting your shoulders and weapon before everyone else was actualy a sign of skilled play and a good epeen boost..

Requests like this only illustrate how bad swtor pvp comunity is..EVERYTHING is asked towards Casual, wellfare and nonsense...NOTHING is aimed at being competitive and raising the bar......."NO CROSS SERVERS WE WANT A COMUNITY" "NO RATING REQUIREMENTS..WE WANT FREE GEAR"..pff

Edited by filipesantana