Beginner's Operative tips

chaosmadness

Hi Operatives,

Im lvling an Operative, lv 17 atm but i need some tips, if possible. Im lvling doing warzones and class quest, a bit of pve and pvp :D

For what i see here in forum, Concealment its a good specc to lv up but my dificulty are on spells :D

What spells are more important and which i must always use ? When im at warzones i dont know what spells i must use first :/ Any can help me in some rotation basis?

I want know how to start play this class, some kind of basis.

Tks and soz of my bad english.

Edited by chaosmadness

Well as you level just read the description for the each skill and you can see what does what...

I appreciate your help. Members like you are very useful in forums ;)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=588054

that link has the rotation and a few builds you can use

Im looking for a lowbie tips, when i reach lv 50 i read that lv 50 guide :D

Edited by chaosmadness

Backstab and shiv are your hardest hitting skills right now. Make sure you're using each of them on cooldown. Also use explosive probe. Frag grenade on groups of enemies. You don't have much of a rotation right now.

Normally in stealth i use Shiv, Debilitate, Backstabe and after Corrosive Dart for dots and Overload Shot. Rarelly i use cover, i dont like play static, but if its important i start use cover. And yeh, i use frag grenade in groups and sometimes in single target too.

I never stay as top dps in scoreboard, but i enjoy a lot get objectives in stealth, love ninja cap :D

Tks for the tips Syber.

Edited by chaosmadness

Yeah get used to popping into cover briefly in order to get an explosive probe off. You don't have to wait for the animation to fully play. As soon as you start going into cover (use cover in place instead of roll-to-cover) you can use explosive probe and then start moving again. You don't have to stay still for more than half a second.

Also cap doors in voidstar and turrets in civil war/novare/hyper while in cover. It won't look like you're in cover but you'll still have the marauder/jugg leap immunity.

Until you get hidden strike, open from stealth with backstab. It's your biggest hitter and it has a 12-second cooldown (idiotic on bioware's part) so you want to use it as early as possible so it comes up again as soon as possible. Then you can shiv, debilitate if you need to, and explosive probe.

Corrosive dart is great for PvE but it ticks so slowly that it has limited usefulness for concealment ops in pvp. You can use it to dot stealthers (especially assassins since they can only cleanse it with a 45-second cooldown).

Operative is extremely weak until it gets jarring strike, and still pretty weak after that until it gets acid blade. Then it's overpowered for about 10 levels. Then it's weak again at 50. Enjoy those 10 levels of OP :)

Edited by Syberduh

Go do pve missions until you are 36-40 for concealment or 30 for lethality/heals, then go back to pvp. That will save you a lot of frustration, I promise.

Its a good advice and i understant the point, but i cant lv up another char doing the same world missions by the fourth time :/ This time, warzones and class missions only :D

The main objective of lvling an Agent is only to complete all Imperial class stories :p

Go do pve missions until you are 36-40 for concealment or 30 for lethality/heals, then go back to pvp. That will save you a lot of frustration, I promise.

I have to agree with this a lot. Concealment doesn't even start to shine until 36, and Lethality obviously at 30.

However, doesn't mean you can't be effective. I've done plenty of warzones pre-36 as a scrapper and conceal, just you're not optimal until you get Hidden Strike.

Smashers, pyos and sorcs are probably going to give you somewhat of a hard time, but the ones who will lock you down are other conceal ops. For some reason, there is this undying conflict among conceal ops and they go head to head all the time (seen it in other MMOs too) and if they have HS, they will lock you down without you being able to do much about it. Those are the warzones you bite the bullet and just do as good as you can.

I have to agree with this a lot. Concealment doesn't even start to shine until 36, and Lethality obviously at 30.

However, doesn't mean you can't be effective. I've done plenty of warzones pre-36 as a scrapper and conceal, just you're not optimal until you get Hidden Strike.

Smashers, pyos and sorcs are probably going to give you somewhat of a hard time, but the ones who will lock you down are other conceal ops. For some reason, there is this undying conflict among conceal ops and they go head to head all the time (seen it in other MMOs too) and if they have HS, they will lock you down without you being able to do much about it. Those are the warzones you bite the bullet and just do as good as you can.

even in 50 pvp. those op's always try to gang up on me.

Hehe, dude I get stalked all the time. Like, not just once to say "hey, I gotcha, your *** is mine" but all warzone long when they should be playing objectives/killing healers. I eventually get them back.

On a similar note, not looking forward to seeing you in a warzone on Back-fire while I'm gearing up. I'll just suck it up and hope I don't get wrecked by the stabby-stabby.

Ops and Scrappers HATE each other. I don't know what it is about this AC, but whenever two of them meet, they spend most of the WZ trying to kill each other. It's some combination of ego, competitiveness, scarcity of the class, etc. But for whatever reasons, it's always a bit annoying. This can be particularly problematic if one of them is trying to stay on a more important target (an enemy healer) while some vindictive Op/Scrap is just wailing on him whenever he appears out of stealth. Or worse: Ops that just wait for you to appear and exclusively target you.

The trick is to just ignore the enemy Op whenever possible and stay on your objective. If an enemy Op starts to focus your healer, you should probably go deal with it, but otherwise just let them do their own thing and you will be helping your own team more.

Ops and Scrappers HATE each other. I don't know what it is about this AC, but whenever two of them meet, they spend most of the WZ trying to kill each other. It's some combination of ego, competitiveness, scarcity of the class, etc. But for whatever reasons, it's always a bit annoying. This can be particularly problematic if one of them is trying to stay on a more important target (an enemy healer) while some vindictive Op/Scrap is just wailing on him whenever he appears out of stealth. Or worse: Ops that just wait for you to appear and exclusively target you.

The trick is to just ignore the enemy Op whenever possible and stay on your objective. If an enemy Op starts to focus your healer, you should probably go deal with it, but otherwise just let them do their own thing and you will be helping your own team more.

I couldn't agree more with the analysis and resulting conclusion. And when you think about it, an equally geared and skilled matchup all relies around whoever got the opener and whoever actually crit more/higher. Luck, if you will. Epeen/bragging rights I guess are what get some people off.

The only times I've found a mirror fight, completely 1v1, to be anything beyond that are when I can tell that I am severly outgeared (by looks or by the HP of the opposing player). Those are the times it is satisfying, other than that its annoying. Like I hit 50 yesterday morning, picked up WH shotgun, 2 pc Tionese for BB bonus and rest Recruit gear and was able to take out some WH ops I saw. Got some enjoyment outta that, even though by chance I got the opener. A 6k opener on their part would've turned that around completely, though...

I couldn't agree more with the analysis and resulting conclusion. And when you think about it, an equally geared and skilled matchup all relies around whoever got the opener and whoever actually crit more/higher. Luck, if you will. Epeen/bragging rights I guess are what get some people off.

The only times I've found a mirror fight, completely 1v1, to be anything beyond that are when I can tell that I am severly outgeared (by looks or by the HP of the opposing player). Those are the times it is satisfying, other than that its annoying. Like I hit 50 yesterday morning, picked up WH shotgun, 2 pc Tionese for BB bonus and rest Recruit gear and was able to take out some WH ops I saw. Got some enjoyment outta that, even though by chance I got the opener. A 6k opener on their part would've turned that around completely, though...

who hits 6k on a op or scrap... oh.. right me http://i.imgur.com/30H0SzT.jpg :D >:D. never the less... DIsregard op attacking you kill healer, or target.

Hehe, dude I get stalked all the time. Like, not just once to say "hey, I gotcha, your *** is mine" but all warzone long when they should be playing objectives/killing healers. I eventually get them back.

On a similar note, not looking forward to seeing you in a warzone on Back-fire while I'm gearing up. I'll just suck it up and hope I don't get wrecked by the stabby-stabby.

awww my other nickname stabby stab. LOL!!!! Just watch out for the bone white devil Operative and you should be fine.

who hits 6k on a op or scrap... oh.. right me http://i.imgur.com/30H0SzT.jpg :D >:D. never the less... DIsregard op attacking you kill healer, or target.

Omg Hallow, you hit so low. I totally beat you out by a long shot.

I'm just being a jerk, like usual =P.

But remember I was telling you about that dude who hit for over 7k+ recently? I think it's a bug.

I got a 6250 last night, first night at 50 on my crapper (pun intended) and I totally didn't hit that hard. The number I saw when I got the 5k medal was like 2500. I think it counted the hit twice, but the dude's health bar didn't go down far enough so I know it was a bug. Highest I've hit since then in my gimp gear is 4100. I can't see a 7k scrapper in these dismal times.

Edited by randiesel

Since Op/Scoundral DPS is very rare, we all tend to stalk each other a bit. The best is "baiting" some poor chap and waiting for the other to use his opener and then you use YOUR opener on him.... oh poor guy.

I had a great 1v1 recently when I called a teammate a "nub" who was an operative dps. He was all "whatever". Then next match I was going against him. I knew he was guarding a node but couldn't find him, so I simply popped a wz adrenal and started capping.

He uses his opener on me. And then we had a really nice 1v1. Ending in me with 25% of my health and him with 0. :)

DON'T MESS WITH ME, MAN.

Since Op/Scoundral DPS is very rare, we all tend to stalk each other a bit. The best is "baiting" some poor chap and waiting for the other to use his opener and then you use YOUR opener on him.... oh poor guy.

I had a great 1v1 recently when I called a teammate a "nub" who was an operative dps. He was all "whatever". Then next match I was going against him. I knew he was guarding a node but couldn't find him, so I simply popped a wz adrenal and started capping.

He uses his opener on me. And then we had a really nice 1v1. Ending in me with 25% of my health and him with 0. :)

DON'T MESS WITH ME, MAN.

This is all pretty fun, and I am definitely caught up in the Op on Scrap violence sometimes, but it is really bad for your team. When I fall for this trap, I waste a lot of time and damage that should be focused on a healer. Let your team Pyrotech shred the enemy Operative. If he is really giving you difficulty and just won't leave you alone, that's totally fine; he is wasting his time and energy on you instead of your healers.

Whatever you do, do not mark enemy Operatives because you are mad. This confuses teammates and splits up damage away from priority targets.

(In case it was unclear, the "you" in this post is general, not anyone specifically).

I talk about this a lot in my newly posted/finished Scrapper guide (link in signature). Just don't get caught up!