Someone explain the logic of why operatives need a reflect utility?

FourPawnBenoni

First off, its pretty immersion breaking. I mean, at least with commando reflect you can imagine a trooper with bulky armor that has the size and capacity to hold a power charge to create a shield to reflect damage for a short time...or a sith/jedi that has a lightsaber and can muster the force for a short duration to reflect damage...but an operative? How? They are just an ordinary person.

Second, they already have the best tool kit for survival in the game. Evade already makes them immune to white damage (except for one ability in the game) and with that utility they also reflect 150%?

Third, at the most this should just be an absorb tech damage, not reflect. What is really ridiculous is that they can reflect grenades that have a delayed charge on them. Its not incoming damage. It's stuck to their body. A reflecting shield would be outside the body. It's almost as ridiculous as Mercs reflecting dot damage. Really, where is the logic in that? It's an internal poison...in their bloodstream...how do they reflect it?

Fourth, this isn't a nerf operative thread. Its a why were they buffed thread.

Edited by FourPawnBenoni

I sense the nerf in you. It is strong indeed.

(immersion-breaking? really)

Nope, I'm ok with how they were prior to the reflect utility.

negative ghostrider, they still take the damage - just reflect it back as well

operative survivability in team fights is average

Ok fine, edited but my point still stands

Edited by FourPawnBenoni

Nope, I'm ok with how they were prior to the reflect utility.

Ok fine, edited but my point still stands

I think the point might be so Operatives have an ability that works though CC. Right now Evasion is worthless if you get hardstunned even you have it up during.

Edited by kissingaiur

I think the point might be so Operatives have an ability that works though CC. Right now Evasion is worthless if you get hardstunned even you have it up during.

If stunned during evasion you are still immune from Ambush, takedown, penetrating blasts, rail shot, blazing bolts, mag shot, massacre, vicious throw, gore, assassinate, reaping strike, maul, etc and these are just off the top of my head.

Far, far from worthless

If stunned during evasion you are still immune from Ambush, takedown, penetrating blasts, rail shot, blazing bolts, mag shot, massacre, vicious throw, gore, assassinate, reaping strike, maul, etc and these are just off the top of my head.

Far, far from worthless

between this post and your thinking that the reflect absorbed the yellow damage it's pretty clear you don't actually know how operatives work

you cannot dodge anything while hard stunned. the melee/ranged dodge chance of evasion does not work while stunned. deflection does not work while stunned. the melee/ranged component of saber ward does not work while stunned. it's just part of how swtor works

between this post and your thinking that the reflect absorbed the yellow damage it's pretty clear you don't actually know how operatives work

you cannot dodge anything while hard stunned. the melee/ranged dodge chance of evasion does not work while stunned. deflection does not work while stunned. the melee/ranged component of saber ward does not work while stunned. it's just part of how swtor works

If that's true then i apologize

Far, far from worthless

And here i thought your issue was that body type 1 isn't structurally developed enough to carry the gear needed to reflect damage.

If that's true then i apologize
all good

to answer your question I think whoever was making class changes for the 5.0 expac just really likes reflects

mercs got a brand new reflect cooldown and operatives and sins both got a pseudo reflect utility add on for a cooldown they already had...I don't think you're going to get much more insight into "why" than that

Edited by yellow_

all good

to answer your question I think whoever was making class changes for the 5.0 expac just really likes reflects

mercs got a brand new reflect cooldown and operatives and sins both got a pseudo reflect utility add on for a cooldown they already had...I don't think you're going to get much more insight into "why" than that

They just wanted a backdoor to nightmare bosses using broken reflects on killer mechanics. I still remember this 876k DPS I pulled on the writhing horror 16M NiM. PVP implications were just a side effect :D

First off, its pretty immersion breaking. I mean, at least with commando reflect you can imagine a trooper with bulky armor that has the size and capacity to hold a power charge to create a shield to reflect damage for a short time...or a sith/jedi that has a lightsaber and can muster the force for a short duration to reflect damage...but an operative? How? They are just an ordinary person.

Second, they already have the best tool kit for survival in the game. Evade already makes them immune to white damage (except for one ability in the game) and with that utility they also reflect 150%?

Third, at the most this should just be an absorb tech damage, not reflect. What is really ridiculous is that they can reflect grenades that have a delayed charge on them. Its not incoming damage. It's stuck to their body. A reflecting shield would be outside the body. It's almost as ridiculous as Mercs reflecting dot damage. Really, where is the logic in that? It's an internal poison...in their bloodstream...how do they reflect it?

Fourth, this isn't a nerf operative thread. Its a why were they buffed thread.

Ever heard of James Bond ? Dude could put a bomb in his watch, a proper Agent. Opers are like that too, there is the logic /

3 sec reflect which is tied to top-tier utility level. Is it really too powerful for you? Also i don't think that Lethality or Medicine have access to

Makes me laugh when medicine operatives actually spec that utility lol. It’s so trash for healing because it doesn’t actually absorb damage. I can see more value in dps operatives running it because of 1v1 situations.

Edited by kissingaiur

Anyone tried running the old 162 armorings that add 1s to dodge/evasion? WTB 5s reflect in ruffian lethality. :D

I actually thought about it when the utility was releasted to try it for giggles but i only had one saved. They are relics of the past now. haha

Most likely the loss of stat isn't worth it.

yeah losing autocrit, and stats prob not worth it, but it would be fun to try. I'll do some digging and see if I still have mine. The +1s dodge is from the healer set...?

not worth it for healers. reflect is bad for healers.

again you also lose a lot of stats

Why operatives need a reflect utility?

Well, so that you can have a lol'd moment during seious pvp matches.

Let me explain. During a heated battle between an op and my sin, I used autocrit, op rolled or something, attack reflected and I was a goner, defeated by my own autocrit. Instead of saying '***?' I lol'd hard, because the game made me laugh hard.

I think the logic behind why operatives received a reflect was the developers agreeing that operatives did in fact need something. I think the application of a fix for that need being an evasive reflect was misplaced because healing operatives, in fact, need more than that.

I do, however, like reflect mechanics in general because they punish the lazy and the bad and make them want to be less lazy and less bad.

We have few "outplay" mechanics in this game, but low health fighting vs another low health and then one of them punishing the others tunnel vision with reflect is pretty fun/funny/funnest.

Edited by Wimbleton