So does the Sith Empire win in the end?

DarthTyranid

I mean in regards to the next few hundred years. I say this because the Sith Empire symbol is very similar to the one used by the Galactic Republic in the Star Wars prequels. So obviously at some point the Sith are beaten and the Jedi take control again, but it looks like the Sith Empire take power long enough for their icon to become the recognized symbol of government.

My guess, the Sith lose but the Empire and Republic remains. Eventually both sides merge and form the new republic.

I can gurantee you it's not going to end up with one faction being the obvious winners or else you'll just end up with another original trilogy especially if empire wins.

Edited by Idunhavaname

Well except for that Master Quilb. Dude gives me bad vibes. I'm pretty sure he waits until you're gone to eat that flesh raider baby that you fed and got all plumped up.

Yeah... I think he had other plans for that baby.

Master Quilb should've been a bear-man, not a cat-man, if you know what I mean :|

The Empire in movies 4 through 6 is The Republic. 1-3 is simply all a nifty little plot designed by Chancellor Palpatine to gain control of the government making him the Emperor and reforming The Republic's government into a dictatorship.

He did it by making the senate look incompetent and through war showed that his executive powers were what saved The Republic. He also managed to pull Anikan's chains to join his side and demonize the Jedi into a rogue organization seeking to gain control of the government by assassinating Palpatine.

I have no idea what happened to the Sith Empire which is what we have in TOR. Obviously they lose at some point.

Edited by Kabloosh

I mean in regards to the next few hundred years. I say this because the Sith Empire symbol is very similar to the one used by the Galactic Republic in the Star Wars prequels. So obviously at some point the Sith are beaten and the Jedi take control again, but it looks like the Sith Empire take power long enough for their icon to become the recognized symbol of government.

Not this again...this very same thread has been popping up several dozen times over 6 months of beta testing.

...the symbol stems from the start of the jedi and is used by many, in many variations.

The Empire in movies 4 through 6 is The Republic. 1-3 is simply all a nifty little plot designed by Chancellor Palpatine to gain control of the government making him the Emperor and reforming The Republic's government into a dictatorship.

He did it by making the senate look incompetent and through war showed that his executive powers were what saved The Republic. He also managed to pull Anikan's chains to join his side and demonize the Jedi into a rogue organization seeking to gain control of the government by assassinating Palpatine.

I have no idea what happened to the Sith Empire which is what we have in TOR. Obviously they lose at some point.

No. The Republic ceased to exist as soon as Palpatine used his executive powers to become Emperor and keep permanent power. As long as a government is headed by a non-elected figure head, it is no longer a republic. The Senate however still existed for a short period after the creation of the Empire but was finally done away with in Episode 4.

No. The Republic ceased to exist as soon as Palpatine used his executive powers to become Emperor and keep permanent power. As long as a government is headed by a non-elected figure head, it is no longer a republic. The Senate however still existed for a short period after the creation of the Empire but was finally done away with in Episode 4.

That is pretty much what I said. In Ep 3 after the assassination attempt by Mace Windu he reforms the government into the Empire. The main point is The Empire in the movies is the Republic just with an reformed government with no senate and a single ruler.

One thing the movie didn't articulate well was Palpatine a good ruler despite being an Sith Lord? Yes, he was ruthless towards those who opposed him(the rebels) but what was his other policies such as how he ran the Galactic Empire?

Edited by Kabloosh

The Sith will lose this war, and another few Sith/Jedi wars to come. What the familiar appearance of logos, colors, uniforms, etc. tells me is that when Palpatine establishes the Galactic Empire after the Clone Wars, he's trying very hard to harken back to the Sith Empire we see in the game today.

It's as if he's trying to establish a sort of continuity between the Sith of the Old Republic and his new Empire.

This is Palpatine wanting you to know he's Sith and that the Sith are back.

Edited by Dezzi

No one knows as this era of SW has never been touched on, thats the reason Bioware picked this era.

Uhh no....The next Dark lord is around ~100 years from now that has no connection to the Sith Empire whatsoever that managed to kill tens of thousands of jedi. It was described before he came that it was a time of peace.

Its not really that long till the Sith Empire is totally wiped out. Bioware probably has about ~50 years to play with, maybe less.

Edited by Girdeux

Lore wise, the sith yes and no, in the short run the sith dominated, but started to degrade overtime due to inwards fighting and power struggles (the conflict lasts around 1,000 years, the game is only about 100 years into the conflict.). towards the end Dessel (darth bane) wipes out the dark brotherhood council and replaces it with his own order inacting the rule of two. After that they decide to go into hiding, until the republic becomes unstable.

Uhh no....The next Dark lord is around ~100 years from now that has no connection to the Sith Empire whatsoever that managed to kill tens of thousands of jedi. It was described before he came that it was a time of peace.

Its not really that long till the Sith Empire is totally wiped out. Bioware probably has about ~50 years to play with, maybe less.

Who is this omnipotent dark lord?

Sounds more serious than Sidious, which would be impossible really.

Names please.

Firstly the Sith in Kotor 2 are not related to the TOR's Sith Empire. The triumvirate are wannabe Sith.

Secondly The Sith Empire loses when Darth Bane wipes out the Brotherhood of Sith and starts the Rule of Two which is 1000 years before A new hope. I don't know if this brotherhood is a descendant of the Sith empire but by the time Darth Bane is done with them He and his apprentice are the only existing Sith lords.

Oh and the reason why the symbol looks similarly is because of marketing. Yes the star wars franchise is in fact a product. They wanted people to buy the game feel as if they were playing a star wars game. If they made everything different then it would seem like a completely different universe. Thats why the smuggler gets a wookie companion. Thats why Darth Malgus looks like Darth Vader without the mask, Thats why republic troopers look like clonetroopers and bounty hunters look like boba fett. They needed as many subscribers as possible so they made a game that feels very familiar to what they already know we love.

Edited by Piratekinq

Who is this sith lord? next I can think of is Ruin and Bane and they're at least 500-1000 years from now (TOR era)

Also the Republic still exist 500 years from now meaning the Republic did not get completely destroyed.

Edited by Idunhavaname

I think maybe each player is within his/her own little Star Wars universe. I say this because on Ilum as a Republic player I heard about the Republic winning and I suspect that Empire players will hear that their side has won in their particular storyline.