where to start for PVe gear

I have done some HM's as a healer and dps on my Commando. I took a break and now I want to start up again and get fully geared up for PVE. I do my correllia dailies everyday and once I get done with the semester I will start doing belsalvis and ilum dailies but that really isn't enough. Which Hard modes can i get to get the gear I need to start running operations. Thanks in advance

I am specifically asking which HM's would be the best to start to get gear?

BT / Esseles or foundry are probably the best two to start on. Boarding party for whatever reason is way harder than Foundry. You'll want to have several of the daily weapon / armor mods to have a decent chance of surviving unless your group carries you. Any gear you have thats lower than lvl 49 needs to be replaced to increase your chance of success.

Edited by Kindara

Just fail through some pvp and you get battlemaster pieces which is a good start for pve. It sounds stupid but it is what they built. Or you can gamble and do flashpoints where the end boss will drop 1 piece of gear that may become yours which is slightly better.

After that just do operations.

Edited by Dhariq

A normal mode Operation is a decent start as it drops a decent amount of columi's. If you have a group that know the mechanics of the Operation, they are not that hard. As for Flashpoints, I will put them in increasing difficulty according to me:

- Black Talon

- Foundry

- Battle of Ilum

- Boarding Party

- Directive 7

- False Emperor

- Kaon under Siege

- Lost Island

the first three FP's you can do with regular 50 gear. You can earn some Xenotech/Tionese gear there and immediately go to BP as well. When you have three pieces Columi, give D7 and False Emperor a try. And starting from 4 pieces you can try to do KuS... Lost Island will be when you are full columi.

And off course the BM gear is also pretty easy to obtain and decent enough to do anything up to KuS.

As a Republican, I would put the HM FPs in this order:

easy

False Emperor

Maelstrom Prison

Taral V

Kaon under Siege

Battle of Ilum

Directive 7

Esseles

(gap for emphasis)

Lost Island

hard

No idea if something is different about Imperial False Emperor that somehow makes it tough, but IMO that FP is a piece of cake. Also, Eternity Vault is surprisingly easy to make good progress on, if you can assemble a group for it. Actually finishing off Soa is a decent jump in difficulty, but if you can clear the first boss, the next three are all very doable, which nets you a fair amount of loot.

If you're a fresh 50, don't discount the Tionese/Energized/Xenotech stuff that drops from bosses in HM FPs, it can be a decent upgrade to your stats.

Belsavis/Ilum dailys will yield you 1 armor/mod/enhancment a day grade 22 quality. In 6 days you can have a full suit of lvl 49 purple mods and weapon mods without stepping foot in and instance. 6 days of running daily quest will yield you plenty of cash to buy a few decent crafted implants and the tokens from the quest will yield a Earpiece Or implant. For a weapon you can purchase a hilt from the daily vendor. This should set you up just fine for NM ops and HM Fps (except maybe Lost island).

A normal mode Operation is a decent start as it drops a decent amount of columi's. If you have a group that know the mechanics of the Operation, they are not that hard. As for Flashpoints, I will put them in increasing difficulty according to me:

- Black Talon

- Foundry

- Battle of Ilum

- Boarding Party

- Directive 7

- False Emperor

- Kaon under Siege

- Lost Island

the first three FP's you can do with regular 50 gear. You can earn some Xenotech/Tionese gear there and immediately go to BP as well. When you have three pieces Columi, give D7 and False Emperor a try. And starting from 4 pieces you can try to do KuS... Lost Island will be when you are full columi.

And off course the BM gear is also pretty easy to obtain and decent enough to do anything up to KuS.

KUS is hard? And BoI is easy? BoI's last boss enrage is very short (and he's in stealth half the time=less time to dps) and KUS's bosses have longest enrages in the game. Trash is nasty, yes, but bosses are easy. FE is also very easy. Idk what the difficulties with BP are, seems easy to me.

My version:

Black Talon

Foundry/BP

Kaon under siege

False Emperor

Battle of Ilum

Directive 7

Lost Island is actually a mini 4-man operation :p

if you're in a mix of Columi and tinese gear, as should be the case since you're a returnign player who's done FP's before, you can jump right into an eternity vault or karagga's palace story mode group for 8man (16 if your server is large).

IN all honesty the vast amount of drops from 8 man SM ops (EV and KP) and how easy they are once you know the basic mechanics, makes the entirety of HM Flashpoints obsolete for everything other than dailies/weeklies.

Even lost island only drops the same as hardmode final boss of eternity vault, and you can clear HM EV in under an hour with an experienced, columi geared group, where L I may require more and has a steeper learning curve.

In all honesty, if your server is large enough to do ops and you have done some FP's already for gear, don't step in to them again except for quest completion to get columi comms.

KUS is hard? And BoI is easy? BoI's last boss enrage is very short (and he's in stealth half the time=less time to dps) and KUS's bosses have longest enrages in the game. Trash is nasty, yes, but bosses are easy. FE is also very easy. Idk what the difficulties with BP are, seems easy to me.

My version:

Black Talon

Foundry/BP

Kaon under siege

False Emperor

Battle of Ilum

Directive 7

Lost Island is actually a mini 4-man operation :p

Battle of Ilum is easy because the last boss can be interrupted all the time. without those two abilities he's perfectly manageable...

- Black Talon

- Foundry

- Battle of Ilum

- Boarding Party

- Directive 7

- False Emperor

- Kaon under Siege

- Lost Island

Doing OPs before doing FPs defeats the reason to do FPs since FP's are done to get Columi. If you can't or don't have a Raid group then your option pretty much fails. It also fails on the fact some ops may not take you until you atleast have Tionese gear.

Edited by Kindara