Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Veterans, give me a Sanity check here.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Veterans, give me a Sanity check here.

Mythurin
11.30.2012 , 11:36 AM | #1
If some of the Leth Snipers here could take a look at my current setup. I have been using this build for some time now and wondering if I should change anything other than pick up the Elite Mainhand here in a bit. Mr. Robot doesn't allow me to add the Augment to the BH belt. So things are slightly off, but not too much. Thoughts?

Build:
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...b-23427f71ea6e

Skill Tree:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/S...-lc-8jdj2e7cck

-J

chuixupu
11.30.2012 , 01:26 PM | #2
I'm curious why you are splitting 1 point in counterstrike and 1 point in hold your ground, and even more why you have 2 points in increased shiv damage. Maybe I'm crazy but I think you'd be better off putting those points in to filling out countermeasures and hold your ground.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Mythurin
11.30.2012 , 02:50 PM | #3
Its something that I have always had in the Tree and just never really thought about. I wanted to keep the 2 in Shiv for those close in engagements. I know it doesn't do all that great damage in PVP but its a nice thing to have when running the Dailies. I am going to move that last point to Hold Your Ground, not sure why all these months I kept it there. As much as PVP is dynamic not sure if I have ever noticed it removing effects upon activation.

-J

adezero
11.30.2012 , 04:55 PM | #4
I took shiv off my bars when I hit level 10

chuixupu
11.30.2012 , 06:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mythurin View Post
Its something that I have always had in the Tree and just never really thought about. I wanted to keep the 2 in Shiv for those close in engagements. I know it doesn't do all that great damage in PVP but its a nice thing to have when running the Dailies. I am going to move that last point to Hold Your Ground, not sure why all these months I kept it there. As much as PVP is dynamic not sure if I have ever noticed it removing effects upon activation.

-J
Well, having only a 50% chance to remove movement impairing effects isn't very reliable. However, it WOULD of course remove them all the time if you had 100% plugged in.

If you're concerned about PVP I would seriously consider removing the shiv talents and putting them in pretty much anything else instead (adhesive corrosives maybe?). You have no reason to ever use shiv as a sniper, all your ranged abilities work in melee and you want to get used to the idea of keeping mobs at range anyway since snipers are squishy in melee.

Chaqen
12.01.2012 , 05:37 PM | #6
That is real close to my PvE build, a build i have gone into PvP a few times and i hated it....

I felt that lethality in general requires to much set up to be able to burst. I also felt that i wasnt that mobile with my main burst being a 3 second channel. The other big downfall of it is the fact that my dots can be cleanse (yes there is lingering toxins, but 15% damage of what they normally would do is crap... and only is useful to maximize the damage on cull after a cure).

Overall i would suggest a different PvP build, but keep this one (with a few slight adjustments) for PvE.
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

Altheran
12.01.2012 , 06:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
If you're concerned about PVP I would seriously consider removing the shiv talents and putting them in pretty much anything else instead (adhesive corrosives maybe?).
Since Razor Edge is in the first line, he hasn't many choices :
- Keep it
- Or take Deadly directive (4% Alacrity)
He can't take Adhesive corrosives instead.

Ryvirath
12.01.2012 , 06:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mythurin View Post
If some of the Leth Snipers here could take a look at my current setup. I have been using this build for some time now and wondering if I should change anything other than pick up the Elite Mainhand here in a bit. Mr. Robot doesn't allow me to add the Augment to the BH belt. So things are slightly off, but not too much. Thoughts?

Build:
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...b-23427f71ea6e

Skill Tree:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/S...-lc-8jdj2e7cei

-J
Is there a specific reason you want it looked at? IE not enough damage or something? You should top out at about 980 dps or roughly 900k damage on a voidstar. Are you dying too quickly? Ballistic dampers tends to be more useful than +15% damage on eprobe/orbital strike.

chuixupu
12.02.2012 , 05:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Since Razor Edge is in the first line, he hasn't many choices :
- Keep it
- Or take Deadly directive (4% Alacrity)
He can't take Adhesive corrosives instead.
This is true, sorry about that...been so long since I've had to respec that I forgot they force you to take one of those two talents. Having said that, I would still say 4% alacrity is better than extra shiv damage, though it' a choice between useless and almost but not really useful. (I take alacrity over shiv damage because alacrity has a *tiny* impact on a few ranged abilities.) I think they could re-design the talent trees a bit.

Mythurin
12.09.2012 , 12:12 PM | #10
Bump

A few screen grabs at the link below.

http://s10.beta.photobucket.com/user.../library/SWTOR

I ended up ditching Shiv and putting those 2 points in Deadly Directive. I like where my EXP is now, I have yet to pick up the Elite Mainhand but the Offhand is there.

-J