Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which is the easiest Jedi class to finish the game alone?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which is the easiest Jedi class to finish the game alone?

Upurss
05.30.2012 , 11:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
Not even this, almost every class is capable of completing almost all their quests while they are yellow. Green means you've overleveled and should be able to do it with your eyes closed.
I like green, it means mobs agro you less, less accidental pulls and deaths and less getting knocked off your speeder

Sowwy
05.30.2012 , 11:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Upurss View Post
I like green, it means mobs agro you less, less accidental pulls and deaths and less getting knocked off your speeder

You're not getting it. The poster you replied to is so good at this game that every class he plays shoots fireball sabers, sunders mountains that cause pathing issues, can solo hutball and plants bombs blind folded while the other trembles in fear, unwilling to leave their team's spawn.

Mrtwo
05.30.2012 , 11:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sowwy View Post
You're not getting it. The poster you replied to is so good at this game that every class he plays shoots fireball sabers, sunders mountains that cause pathing issues, can solo hutball and plants bombs blind folded while the other trembles in fear, unwilling to leave their team's spawn.
Yellow should be your quest's color, green means you are overleveled for it and it won't be a fun challenge at all. If people have trouble with yellow quests and they have been playing their class for 20 levels, they need to find a different class.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

Pendrych
05.30.2012 , 12:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Upurss View Post
Its not really about your class man, its about keeping your quests green, and gearing out your companions
Actually, typically it's more about using your interrupt consistently and getting the most out of your secondary abilities. Powering through by overleveling and spamming only your core attacks only works for a while.

JGames
05.30.2012 , 12:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by psikofunkster View Post
and which are the other two?

im restarting the game as a jedi consular, there's no comparison, consulars are pretty more powerful.
Sentinels have a lot more strait up raw DPS, so no they are not exactly better. Sage is good for PvE, but Sentinel can stand alone better in PvP (even though Sage is still good 1v1 in PvP).

DarkSaberMaster
05.30.2012 , 06:23 PM | #16
I've found it easier in a combat sense as a Sentinel to level through because of the high damage output. I have only had one boss so far (just finished Hoth) that gave me any trouble, the Sand Demon. On my Shadow, it was easier to breeze through the areas and dungeons because I had stealth. I didn't have to fight everything, which made leveling slower, but easier. Plus because I didn't have that great of damage cause I leveled as kinetic spec, I had issues with some of the bosses.

So as far as which is easier? Between the Shadow and Sentinel, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. But I found the Sentinel to be more enjoyable because I can actually wade into the fight and mow down everyone with ease instead of with my Shadow, I had to pick my battles or just stealth through everything.

All of this is my own opinion and from my own experiences, of course. Not to be construed as gospel.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

Ancaglon
05.31.2012 , 09:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Pendrych View Post
Actually, typically it's more about using your interrupt consistently and getting the most out of your secondary abilities. Powering through by overleveling and spamming only your core attacks only works for a while.
Agree 100% with this. A lot of people having trouble with particular class bosses are either not interrupting the one-shot abilities or neglecting key abilities of their class.

In terms of which is easier, my first character to 50, and still my main, is a Kinetic Shadow. My Combat Sentinel feels an awful lot squishier, but I accept I probably am not doing it right

Pingonaut
05.31.2012 , 09:54 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by psikofunkster View Post
and which are the other two?

im restarting the game as a jedi consular, there's no comparison, consulars are pretty more powerful.
Any class would be more powerful than the other if played right. I had trouble on my sentinel at the end boss of Tatooine, only because I was under-leveled. You were just inexperienced at the class and thus you had problems. It will be the same way when you play consular.
And yes, there is a comparison. They can both beat each other if played correctly.

Aetou
05.31.2012 , 05:46 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sowwy View Post
No fireball sabers or sundered mountains. My Guardian can almost solo Huttball though (just need a couple of people to jump to) while my Scoundrel has ninjaed more than his fair share of bombs...

That said, it wasn't always like that. On my first character I struggled a lot until I learned to use all of my abilities, especially CC and Interrupts. Once I mastered those tricks my second, third and fourth characters were all leveled comfortably on mostly-yellow (although PVP and rested xp means that some over-leveling is inevitable.) I didn't use Doc at all on my Guardian, just burned through while CCing. I don't think I can stress enough how important it is to CC the strongest targets in a group and then interrupting every ability you can.

KnightAethorr
05.31.2012 , 09:52 PM | #20
First, the best/easist/most fun class in the game is the one you enjoy playing the most. For me it's the Jedi Guardian (weird lol I know). You'd think that playing a tank would be one of the most difficult classes to play, and I play full tank, and it is at times, but I have a blast regardless. I have played a Jedi Sage, which I started after getting to level 50 with my Guardian, and most of the time it's easier, but not more enjoyable. Same with the Commando, great class, alot of dps, but still not as enjoyable as my Jedi Guardian. So experiment with the classes, find the one that suits your play style and run with it, you won't be sorry you did.
The Shadowlands Server (12 Characters) - Founder - CE Owner
Aethorr Lightflier Level 60 Jedi Guardian
Mickilrin Lightflier Level 60 Gunslinger
Stavinos Lightflier Level 60 Sith Juggernaught