were is this nurf?

Amyyardan

Corruption

Force Bending no longer unintentionally allows its buff to be applied to more than one healing ability. Its effects have been slightly redesigned. It now increases the critical chance of Dark Heal by 60% and reduces the Force cost of Dark Infusion by 30%.

Conspiring Force now refreshes properly when Affliction is refreshed.

Fadeout now requires Efficacious Currents instead of Dark Resilience.

Force Surge no longer removes the health cost from Consumption.

Revivification's tooltip now correctly states that the ability affects a maximum of 8 targets. The ability's functionality hasn't changed.

A display issue that caused the first and second tick of Revivification to appear on top of each other has been corrected.

Dark Resilience now reduces the health spent by Consumption by 2% per point (up from 1% per point). *UPDATED 3/29*

i just dont see it. yes i hate lossing the 1sec reduction on DI but im getting a 60% chance to crit that heal. im at work right now so i cant look dose Force Bending doing somthing else for us that im not remmbering were are we losing so much force? i pulled that from the PTS 1.2 updates

Thank You

get over to a theorycrafting forum :

read the comments or open a healer sheet and see the difference

Basicly: (but u'll get a better explenation on say sithwarrior.com)

to get DH to crit u need to cast resurgence first

meaning ur 1.5s 'sure' crit is in fact 3s

the combined healing u receive at the 3s mark does not outweigh a 2.5s DI not critting

(u can imagine the efficiency adding crit in there)

HPF/HPCT : favour of DI

Don't get me wrong, this is a basic MMO type of healer:

The fast heal is not as good as the long heal, but hits faster

However, the numbers don't seem to match the current difficulty of the game:

* one cannot cast a 2.5s heal while moving to avoid random boss dmg or running from that pesky marauder

* emergency healing is almost entirely gone for sorcs aside from the longer cds we have (so I don't see us raid-healing as much, more tank spam)

in PvE this is mostly a matter or revising some tactics and improving the ops awareness to avoid dmg themselves (which they should already but are penalized less for), etc...

in PvP I just see us dieing when a marauder/operative jumps us with only requiring decent amout of class knowledge by the marauder/operative to kill us and some rly nifty play from sorcs to get out alive.

Corruption

Force Bending no longer unintentionally allows its buff to be applied to more than one healing ability. Its effects have been slightly redesigned. It now increases the critical chance of Dark Heal by 60% and reduces the Force cost of Dark Infusion by 30%.

Revivification's tooltip now correctly states that the ability affects a maximum of 8 targets. The ability's functionality hasn't changed.

A display issue that caused the first and second tick of Revivification to appear on top of each other has been corrected.

Dark Resilience now reduces the health spent by Consumption by 2% per point (up from 1% per point). *UPDATED 3/29*

i just dont see it. yes i hate lossing the 1sec reduction on DI but im getting a 60% chance to crit that heal. im at work right now so i cant look dose Force Bending doing somthing else for us that im not remmbering were are we losing so much force? i pulled that from the PTS 1.2 updates

Thank You

do you see it now? LOL

add the fact that the health cost is not based on BASE HP but total HP gained from gear and buffs and even with the two points in Dark Reiliance, you are still going to loose 11% HP to gain 8% force, which is almost what it will cost to heal the HP lost.

I'm sitting at just over 17k HP on my sorc, so it will just me around 1700-1800 HP to gain back 52 force (I have the set bonus so im at 650 force)

so basically, we're going to have to worry about our HP even MORE than we had to, which means we will be worrying less about healing others....

then as others have explained ,our other changes aren't much better and appear to actually be WORSE....

DH is only 2.5 sec to cast normally so its 1.5 sec and for some reasion in WZ its 2.4 and 1.4?

did they remove the .5 sec redution from dark minding? and 2 out of 3 should crit with 60% chance plus add crit from mods and buffs

i just dont see how this is all DOOM for my class

yes i dont like it but its not a game killer for me

DH is only 2.5 sec to cast normally so its 1.5 sec and for some reasion in WZ its 2.4 and 1.4?

did they remove the .5 sec redution from dark minding? and 2 out of 3 should crit with 60% chance plus add crit from mods and buffs

i just dont see how this is all DOOM for my class

yes i dont like it but its not a game killer for me

You're confusing Dark Heal with Dark Infusion. Dark Heal is our small, fast heal and that one is getting the 60% chance to crit after Resurgence, whereas Dark Infusion (our big, slow heal) is getting a 30% reduction in force cost after Resurgence.

In PvP my Dark Heal crits for something like 2.2k...woo hoo. And in order to get a guaranteed crit I have to cast Resurgence first...so, HoT+2.2k in about 3 seconds. It won't be enough to survive if a melee attacks me.

Dark Infusion will take about 2.4 seconds to cast and that is too long in PvP...if I have a marauder or operative on me I won't manage to cast that; other dps too will interrupt most of my casts easily but those two are the worst.

The nerfs seem to be based entirely around pve rather than pvp. They've basically tried to make Sorcerers group healers, whilst Scoundrels become MT healers and Combat-medics, well i have no idea what they do now.

They've also changed consumption/innervate, because sorcerers in Ops weren't having any force regen troubles.

I guess the changes are good for pve, but not having that 1.3ish second heal is really going to hurt in pvp.

Edited by namelless

so basically, we're going to have to worry about our HP even MORE than we had to, which means we will be worrying less about healing others....

then as others have explained ,our other changes aren't much better and appear to actually be WORSE....

With respect, you should have to worry about something.

Sorc healing force management was really rather good. Ask a Merc about managing a much smaller pool and then take a look at their nerfs in 1.2.

As it stands 1.2 fixes some bugs in Sorc healer and makes your resource management a more important part of playing the class... which is as should be really. I don't understand the outcry.

Edited by Parthis

The nerfs seem to be based entirely around pve rather than pvp. They've basically tried to make Sorcerers group healers, whilst Scoundrels become MT healers and Combat-medics

Im interested, do you often heal out of combat? Whats the difference between 'combat medic' and a normal one?

Personally I think the 'force-management' thing is a crock. Its not like theres much to do about it. You either heal or you dont heal and regen force. If there was some power that you could use to actively regen force I might call it 'management'.

The issue is obvious when youre fighting some huge raid boss or similar situation, where you either must heal the tank or die.

Edited by Karkais

Personally I think the 'force-management' thing is a crock. Its not like theres much to do about it. You either heal or you dont heal and regen force. If there was some power that you could use to actively regen force I might call it 'management'.

And Consumption is not an active power?

Sorc healing force management was really rather good. Ask a Merc about managing a much smaller pool and then take a look at their nerfs in 1.2.

As it stands 1.2 fixes some bugs in Sorc healer and makes your resource management a more important part of playing the class... which is as should be really. I don't understand the outcry.

Because you've never played the class no doubt.

"You shoudl have to worry abuot something"

Would that something be our force management or our health management? Why should we have to worry about both when no other class has them inextricably linked in this manner? That's not "balance." That's applying a unique and more detrimental mechanic to one class that you've singled out.

Because you've never played the class no doubt.

"You shoudl have to worry abuot something"

Would that something be our force management or our health management? Why should we have to worry about both when no other class has them inextricably linked in this manner? That's not "balance." That's applying a unique and more detrimental mechanic to one class that you've singled out.

"Because you've never played the class no doubt." - Wrong.

The mistake you're making is believing that "force management" and "health management" are two different things; they're not. Non of our raiding Sorc healers have any problems with force management in the live game. Non of them. At all. Not only that but they're far and away the best healing class at the moment. Try doing some of the NMM stuff with 3 sorcs and then try again with 2 Mercs and an Agent.

Here's the kicker; if you manage to get yourself completely OOF you have a way of getting more force, at a cost. That cost is something you should care about otherwise it shouldn't be in the game period.

"Why should we have to worry about both when no other class has them inextricably linked in this manner?"

Because it's a mechanic of your class, just like variable regen rates for Mercs/Agents.

Every other class in this game has procs to track, resources to manage and more importantly consequences should they become completely OOF/OH/OOE; so should you. Sorcs have the largest resource pool of all the healers with the most reliable regen and a way of gaining more.

The nerfs are justified and long overdue; grow up, cowboy up, shut up.

Edited by Parthis

Im interested, do you often heal out of combat? Whats the difference between 'combat medic' and a normal one?

I mostly play on the republic, and combat medic is the commando healing spec(not to be confused with the medic spec for operatives).

I have trouble thinking of situations in which it would be a good idea to cast Dark Heal instead of Dark Infusion.

Dark Heal is worse health-per-second AND worse health-per-power than Dark Infusion. This is true whether you run the calculations including a Resurgance first for the extra crit or not. Dark Infusion alone ends up beating them out in those metrics.

Dark Heal is a bit of a trickster in that way isn't it? If you use Dark Heal, it seems like you are healing faster because the activation time is so short. Yet if you use Dark Heal constantly for a minute of a fight you heal less than a person who uses the "slow" dark infusion for a minute. As fast as Dark heal is, it just heals for so little and costs so much.

I have trouble thinking of situations in which it would be a good idea to cast Dark Heal instead of Dark Infusion.

Dark Heal is worse health-per-second AND worse health-per-power than Dark Infusion. This is true whether you run the calculations including a Resurgance first for the extra crit or not. Dark Infusion alone ends up beating them out in those metrics.

Dark Heal is a bit of a trickster in that way isn't it? If you use Dark Heal, it seems like you are healing faster because the activation time is so short. Yet if you use Dark Heal constantly for a minute of a fight you heal less than a person who uses the "slow" dark infusion for a minute. As fast as Dark heal is, it just heals for so little and costs so much.

Every situation where you dont wanna see someone dead in those 2,2 (2,0) sec. No one will cast Dark Heal constantly for a minute, and if someone would, kick him. Its called "emergency" heal.

Crit on Dark Heal will be quite usefull in pvp...

And... agree with Parthis... I wanna see a little chalenge in my class...

Edited by pantalaimona

do you see it now? LOL

add the fact that the health cost is not based on BASE HP but total HP gained from gear and buffs and even with the two points in Dark Reiliance, you are still going to loose 11% HP to gain 8% force, which is almost what it will cost to heal the HP lost.

I'm sitting at just over 17k HP on my sorc, so it will just me around 1700-1800 HP to gain back 52 force (I have the set bonus so im at 650 force)

Its not a nurf its a Bug fix. The Devs plainly said in the pod cast that it was an exploit that they were going to fix all along!

Bugs are intended to be fixed.

Edited by dlaselle
Grammar

Its not a nurf its a Bug fix. The Devs plainly said in the pod cast that it was an exploit that they were going to fix all along!

Bugs are intended to be fixed.

The removal of the health cost is a nerf:mad:

The outcry is from PvPers who, when faced with a sin/shad, sent/mara, op/scoundrel have no chance of surviving. As is. we typically run around and kite for as long as we can, then die or escape and heal ourselves, both of which already remove our heals from the fight. Longer heal = guaranteed death. We probably wouldnt be up in arms over the consumption thing if it had been done without the change to resurgence (minus the bug fix, which may utterly change the cast mechanics ANYWAYS).

Corruption

Thank You

there's no nerf man, everyone is just over reacting

For my rank 70 sorc this is going to reduce my healing effectiveness by at least 20-30% in WZs. The loss of the 1 second cast time reduction on Dark Infusion is absolutely devastating.

Basically, in all out healing situations we're going from a 1.5 sec heal which crits for roughly 5300 to a 1.5 sec heal which crits for roughly 2500.

Or we can go back to Dark Infusion with a 2.5 second cast (lost 1 sec cast time reduction) and have it interrupted every single time.