Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Healer is more Proactive vs. Reactive?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which Healer is more Proactive vs. Reactive?

Amien
03.19.2012 , 10:36 AM | #1
Hello everyone! Currently I have a 50 Sorc healer, and really I was very let down to see that I only have 2 HoTs. I really like the idea of my bubble, which has kept me around. Now though, I'm looking to make a healer that forces me to be more proactive with my healing and HoTs. I find this type of game play much more enjoyable, more like Runekeeper healing if your from LOTRO .

Any suggestions? I'm leaning more towards Operative which seems to be the most mobile of the healers also. I have been having tons of fun with a lvl 25 merc healer also!
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
New Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297

KittyPrawn
03.19.2012 , 10:42 AM | #2
I would call Operative the most proactive of the healers, but I think HoT-management in this game is more difficult until we can scale buff/debuffs.
Kyrti of the Apsalar Legacy - 50 Rattataki Sorcerer - Canderous Ordo
Caution: Aggressive, Will Bite.

Quote: Originally Posted by Neamhan View Post
What's this? Something is being improved?! To the Complain-o-tron 5000!!

Menisong
03.19.2012 , 10:49 AM | #3
Operative has a HoT. However, due to the energy system, GCD, 2 stack mechanic and strength of the HoT you will not be using it to blanket players in the raid. You will just be using it 95% of the time on tanks. It does not pay anything like a druid from wow(not that thats good or bad).

Most of the time you will not even use the HoT as you will just spam surgical probe and kolto injection.

The sorc with the shield is by far more proactive a healer than the operaqtive at this point...imo.

Amien
03.19.2012 , 11:51 AM | #4
Well dang :/ How about Kolto shield for Bounty Hunters? It looks like that will be my best bet, coupled with The healing buff from Kolto Missile and I'll even get an "Oh Crap!" heal on a 30s CD for BH too!
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

CaptainApop
03.19.2012 , 11:52 AM | #5
Static barrier by sages.

HoT's are like pissing in the ocean in swtor.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

RuQu
03.19.2012 , 01:51 PM | #6
There is nothing like what you are looking for in this game.

The only "proactive" abilities are absorption shields, HoTs, and Reactive Shields.

Commandos have a reactive shield. Coupled with the other nerfs it might very well see decreased usage post-1.2 because it went from free to costing 2 Ammo (out of 12) and all of our Ammo costs went up, so finding 2 to spare for a weak shield might not happen. More testing is needed to see if it is even worth the cost.

Scoundrel HoT is extremely weak and is mostly used because it has a random chance to generate Upper Hand. The healing is not generally considered significant and requires two stacks (at 15/100 energy per cast) to be worthwhile healing.

The best option is Sage, who has and absorption shield and a HoT, though it is is short and used reactively for the instant heal it is attached to.

Healing mechanics in this game are fairly basic and simplistic. We asked for more interesting mechanics. Instead they simply decided to nerf everyone because apparently "hard=interesting" to them.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

Amien
03.19.2012 , 05:23 PM | #7
Well shoot :/. I guess I'll have to do some more experimenting for myself then. I LOVE the pull-ally ability the sorcs get, good lord.... that is such fun in Huttball . I'm just sick of Sorc healing and the same old boring fixed resource mechanic... For now I'll just stick with my Bounty Hunter and if I don't like it, I'll try IA.

Azkit
03.19.2012 , 06:12 PM | #8
From most proactive to most reactive:

Sorcerer (HoTs/Shield/Ally Threat Dump) - Operative (HoT/self-buff) - Mercenary (Kolto Shell)
NIGHTMARES ASYLUM
Server: Hedarr Soongh
Kara Gunn (Op) - | - Ray Gunn (Merc)

Azkit
03.19.2012 , 06:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RuQu View Post
Scoundrel HoT is extremely weak and is mostly used because it has a random chance to generate Upper Hand. The healing is not generally considered significant and requires two stacks (at 15/100 energy per cast) to be worthwhile healing.
The HoT actually isn't too bad. I just tested the numbers on my ~Columni geared Operative:

Kolto Probe (HoT): 1.3k crits (* 6 ticks = 8.0k)
Kolto Injection (bread-n-butter heal): ~5.9k crits

It's not too shabby on energy efficiency either and if you refresh the HoT before both stacks fall off, then the energy efficiency is incredible. There was a bug with one of the talents causing the HoT to not receive +10% healing, but that bug has been fixed now, perhaps that's why some people didn't think it was any good?
NIGHTMARES ASYLUM
Server: Hedarr Soongh
Kara Gunn (Op) - | - Ray Gunn (Merc)

Shroudveil
03.20.2012 , 06:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Azkit View Post
The HoT actually isn't too bad. I just tested the numbers on my ~Columni geared Operative:

Kolto Probe (HoT): 1.3k crits (* 6 ticks = 8.0k)
Kolto Injection (bread-n-butter heal): ~5.9k crits

It's not too shabby on energy efficiency either and if you refresh the HoT before both stacks fall off, then the energy efficiency is incredible. There was a bug with one of the talents causing the HoT to not receive +10% healing, but that bug has been fixed now, perhaps that's why some people didn't think it was any good?
because it needs 18secs to do only 15-20%more healing than your main heal.

i.e. when you can ofc, refresh the hot, it is energy and hpct efficient, but when you need to heal multiple people, or when there is spike damage and when half of the things happen in an operation, letting the hot drop so that you finish your main heal 1.5sec faster is always the better answer
Quote:
Georg Zoeller: A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed.