Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double-bladed saber for Marauder/Sentinel!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Double-bladed saber for Marauder/Sentinel!!!

StewyG
02.25.2012 , 01:47 PM | #11
Marauder does not need double-bladed lightsaber because they already have dual weild and do lots of damage, I dont know why some of you are complaining about having dual weild lightsabers.

xCyberpunkx
02.25.2012 , 01:48 PM | #12
Cool, so you guys already own us Assassins in melee combat anyway, and now you want to take our weapon?

jaakkeli
02.25.2012 , 03:05 PM | #13
I'd trade my Assassins double-bladed thing to two proper light sabers any time.

Except that I couldn't even if they gave us that option since I deleted my level 50 Assassin after deciding that I simply can't take the derp animation. It looked like I was running around sweeping the floor with a lightsaber broomstick.

zizzo
02.25.2012 , 09:14 PM | #14
I would also like to have a pistol chucked down in my pants like a real gangsta.
Thug life!
Zizzo
Marauder Bloodworthy PVP
Member of Ragnarok

Soterius
02.27.2012 , 02:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
The different weapon types let you quickly identify what you are facing in PvP.

Single Saber held high or waist-level: Guardian/Juggernaut.
Single Saber held low and back: Sage/Sorc
Double-bladed Saber: Shadow/Assassin
Dual-wield Sabers: Sentinel/Marauder
Rifle: Vanguard
Autocannon: Commando
Single Blaster + Heavy Armor: Powertech
Dual Blaster + Heavy Armor: Mercenary
Single Blaster + Medium Armor: Scoundrel/Operative
Dual Blaster + Medium Armor: Gunslinger
Sniper Rifle: Sniper
Operatives use rifles XD

RookofKnights
02.27.2012 , 03:02 AM | #16
If you brought a vibrosword with unclassified military heavy armor into PVP, would they be able to tell your a Jedi?

All_Under_Heaven
02.27.2012 , 06:24 AM | #17
I remember once seeing a Sith Juggernaut in level 40 Bounty Hunter PVP gear, and wielding one of the buster-sword Vibroblades from the Taris Commendation vendor.

Aside from making me giggle and looking like a fruit loop, it was interesting to watch enemy players use Bounty Hunter-kill techniques, only to realize too late they were fighting a Juggernaut.
The Unstoppable Twin Blades of Jedi Sentinel Macross Duvall.
The Unbreakable Defense of Republic Vanguard March Duvall.
The Unceasing Eye of Imperial Sniper March Duval.
The Unyielding Legacy of Evangeli Duvall.

halfhourofpower
02.27.2012 , 07:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by subrosian View Post
No.

Why would they allow you to take on the iconic look of another class? Why not just let them have jet packs and guns too?
Great idea, you're hired.
KFC, now with more Jesus!

hadoken
02.27.2012 , 08:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by RookofKnights View Post
If you brought a vibrosword with unclassified military heavy armor into PVP, would they be able to tell your a Jedi?
It might take an extra second, but yea they should. Troopers/BH can't use melee weapons and Operatives can't use heavy armor (not to mention they can't have their knife visible save during combat animations).

DJRosetta
02.27.2012 , 08:25 AM | #20
Upon addition of a new need/greed system, the classes can be set up for a balance by weapon choice.

When people are finally able to be "assigned" gear by the system (so that they can be only needed by those who can use it) the association of new weapons by certain classes will be better taken-in by the players. You can't simply try to integrate a new change to the gameplay of the game without spelling it out for an MMORPG audience.

In short, we, as a collective player base, are slow and need things spoon-fed to us.