Subscription numbers!

Papazooki

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many subs do you think are ACTIVE right now?

How many subs do you think will be active after the 20th?

Did a rough assesment some weeks ago based of off average number seen in /who or world/instance count.

I'd say between 300,000 and 600,000 range currently, maybe add a few more in there for additional servers. Wager 3,000-4,000 per server if that.

Edited by Vandrel-Blitz

How many subs do you think are ACTIVE right now?

How many subs do you think will be active after the 20th?

why do you care? what is it with this campaign you have going to rage on these forums with your agnst against this game?

Just how they are approaching this game just seems, i dont even know the word, maybe weird? Just things like server forums (for example easy fanbois), not putting them in, or a /roll command, and a lot little things that seem to be missing. :confused:

You wouldn't like my answer since you've already declared it would be a 30% to 40% drop, so you're just looking for people to agree with you or to argue with.....

Well, this'll probably get locked like the other thread, but I'll just say again, 70% first month retention is a great result for an MMORPG these days.

Considering there was roughly 1.9 million game purchases within the first 3 weeks.

I'd say, currently, there are close to 1.9 million active subscribers.

And I'll go out on a limb and say that less than 10% will cancel or have already canceled their subscription by the billing date.

People on the forums seem to think that they count for like 100k subscribers per each person complaining lol. They need to realize that they are the huge vocal minority.

Flame on if you want, but that's the truth.

I'm not a "fanboi" - I know there are problems with the game, but I will be continuing to play.

Mainly because I'm a mature reasoning adult who knows what goes into game development and has the patience to wait for bug fixes.

No MMO ever released, ever, not one, has had zero bugs, and it will never happen.

Edited by Iandayen

Considering there was roughly 1.9 million game purchases within the first 3 weeks.

No MMO ever released, ever, not one, has had zero bugs, and it will never happen.

zero bugs and what condition this game is like saying no video game ever released with a bugs. bugs are one thing but the amount of bugs this game has and the stuff tha tis missing is well ..... full stop.

FYI Rift came pretty close to a bug free release. So did most of WoWs expansion releases.

zero bugs and what condition this game is like saying no video game ever released with a bugs. bugs are one thing but the amount of bugs this game has and the stuff tha tis missing is well ..... full stop.

FYI Rift came pretty close to a bug free release. So did most of WoWs expansion releases.

WoW's expansions are just that "expansions". They were not the building block of the game, they were addons. The foundation of any game has a huge amount of bugs when it's first released. Stop acting like this one was so horrible. It's obvious you haven't been there for a release OR you are lying.

No arguing about it, it's one of those two.

Edited by Ortof

No it didn't.

Rift launched with a LOT of bugs, balancing issues and server instability. And is still riddled with bugs.

WoW? rofl. Ever content patch, ever expansion they break something huge. Like the LFR bug on the last content update - that was found while beta testing and still launhed with it rofl.

Hello everyone! We’ve had to remove posts in this thread for violating the Rules of Conduct, specifically regarding insulting and being disrespectful to other community members. Such posts do not encourage productive discussion, but also derail the thread from its original topic.

We encourage you to please be constructive and civil in your posts. If rude and insulting behavior continues, we will be closing this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by Arzhanin

I played WoW from launch and suffered more problems than I have had on TOR. So many times after a WoW patch the game was pretty much unplayable, not had a problem like that here.

I'm playing on a low end machine as I'm putting the parts together for a new one and I am able to play the game without much issue and am enjoying doing so.

If you must Troll by all means do so, but never try make WoW look as though it was problem free, for it never was and was still having issues when I finally gave it up for good.

I think it is great that the dev's got reports of problems on the test server and want to find and fix the problems before making it live.

Hello everyone! We’ve had to remove posts in this thread for violating the Rules of Conduct, specifically regarding insulting and being disrespectful to other community members. Such posts do not encourage productive discussion, but also derail the thread from its original topic.

We encourage you to please be constructive and civil in your posts. If rude and insulting behavior continues, we will be closing this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for all the hard work you all are doing.

I hope you all get a laugh every now and then from some of our comments.

;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA Thanks for the laugh. That is some SERIOUS trolling right there. Did you know that WoW suspended or banned a lot of it's top guilds here recently for exploiting a huge bug in the loot system on the expansion? (The expansion that you claim is relatively bug free?)

Oh man. My stomach hurts from laughing at this comment.

You wouldn't like my answer since you've already declared it would be a 30% to 40% drop, so you're just looking for people to agree with you or to argue with.....

No, that was in another thread.

I don't care what people say, I'm just curious

I'd say, currently, there are close to 1.9 million active subscribers.

And I'll go out on a limb and say that less than 10% will cancel or have already canceled their subscription by the billing date.

People on the forums seem to think that they count for like 100k subscribers per each person complaining lol. They need to realize that they are the huge vocal minority.

Flame on if you want, but that's the truth.

I'm not a "fanboi" - I know there are problems with the game, but I will be continuing to play.

Mainly because I'm a mature reasoning adult who knows what goes into game development and has the patience to wait for bug fixes.

Uhm, releasing a game without bugs, and releasing a game that has a whole load of issues

is different. However I'm like you, I will stay for abit and see how they intend to fix things.

The state of the game released is quite bad, not TERRIBAD, but if everyone keeps saying

an mmo will have bugs get over it, eventually..

Publishers will push games to release on Alpha builds

Because players are "OKAY" with paying monthly for a broken game that can be

slowly fixed down the road.

It has not come to the point yet, I'm just worried it might!

Maybe I'm just paranoid ^-^!

P.S.

Declaring you are an adult does not make you one.

If you knew what goes on in developement, you would have been saying this.

"The game was not ready, but EA pushed for it's release."

Edited by Esauru

I could say that, yes. But beating a dead horse is still beating a dead horse. It has been said before, and ignored by the "end is nigh" people.

I agree, you can be technically an adult but have the mentality of a 13 year old also.

I was however pointing out the game development process in regards to bug fixes, and how I know they don't happen overnight, or even within a couple days as there is more to it than waving a magic wand and saying "bug begone!" like Harry Potter.