Good Sportsmanship and why it matters, at least to me.

Akabelleth

Philosophical question. Using your own definition for each what is the difference between those two?

Feared as in the other side seeing my name in the opposition, and thinking, "This is gonna be a tough match."

Respected when the opposition are fielding a vastly inferior team, knowing that I'll not be spawn camping, 3-capping and generally over-padding my numbers. - But not letting them win either.

For instance it's pretty poor show when you 3- cap and hyper-beacon point B then set a railgun drone between their spawns. - That might look good on the leaderboard, but that's not really playing fair if they're already vastly at a disadvantage. Similarly playing scout wingman to 3 gunships wile they tear into the opposition.

- Also since my usual server numbers are small the regular pilots kinda all know one another - so in a lop-sided game the veterans normally dogfight each other and let the minnows chomp at the scraps, and generally don't try to stomp the opponent into the ground and kill the queue. - Or indeed we swap sides to even things up.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic