Best gunslinger PvP build?

Arnstein

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bsrbzZMIbbRRbRMc.1

I'm surprised no one has posted this (unless I straight up missed it). It's slightly less mobile than the DF hybrid builds but it's another jack-of-all-trades build. To those who advocate cover screen, it only defends against white damage, so it more or less useless in pvp. Ballistic dampers, on the other hand, is amazing.

What I like about this build is you can stutter-chase with instant charged bursts by going into cover. Its 1v1 burst is still the run of the mill dot-dot-aimed shot-sab charge-speed shot-sabotage, except after that you can immediately exit cover for an instant charged burst. It's a lot of energy and set up, but it's quite a bit of burst. AOE is just the standard 3s nades and XS-freighter flyby, which can basically be sustained indefinitely.

There are a few discretionary points in there, but the core of the build is getting hot pursuit and snap shot. It also loses point denial because of no 31pt sab ability, but meh, I like always useful passives vs long cooldown situational abilities.

• 4 weeks later...
What I like about this build is you can stutter-chase with instant charged bursts by going into cover. Its 1v1 burst is still the run of the mill dot-dot-aimed shot-sab charge-speed shot-sabotage, except after that you can immediately exit cover for an instant charged burst.

I just want to point out that snap shot + hot pursuit does not stack, so you cannot use an instant charged burst when coming out of cover.

I find 23/16/2 to work best. Not quite sure why so many feel sharpshooter has low mobility or why you would want more. Especially when most of defensive cooldowns require you to be stationairy anyway.

Then I must confess I really hate DF builds mainly because I have a merc and an operative and both those classes just negates the entire spec with no effort.

Then again ive held turrets in aldeeran solo vs multiple operatives using vital shot, dying, speeder back down. So I can understand that the builds perform good since most players apparently have no clue.

Blazing Speed

Speed Shot has a [33.34 / 66.68 / 100.02]% chance when dealing damage to burn the target, dealing 98 elemental damage over 4 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times.

what's the big deal about this buff?

New to slinger three points for 98 dmg over 4 secs on a skill with a 15 sec CD?

I can currently using a variant of the 23/16/2 build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bsrddRoRZrI0bRoZb.1 at the moment.

I generally switching around the above with the 31/7/3 build.

Either one of those above specs due work well in both PvE and PvP.

I have tried a pure Sab and DF builds but they really don't suit my style of play as much as a SS/Sab hybrid or pure SS builds.

Currently using the 23/16/2 build for pvp. I can pull 497k damage so far in wzs, while the most for a pure 31/x/x I've had was 492k. So you don't sacrifice damage in the end. But you gain a snare which is very big for a gunslinger. Having a snare works wonders at kiting (for obvious reasons). Plus the 15% damage on flyby and sabotage makes them hit like trucks, the insurrection allows your more power hungry build to not deplete you so fast. It's served me far better in 1v1 pvp, without sacrificing overall damage.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bZbIZhrbkrrhdhR.1

Personally, i tried most builds. I lvled as SS and partly (35-45 lvl) as Sab. I liked 31 sab for it survivability but meh, dmg totaly sucks. Full SS is fine, but it's so freakin' boring =(

DF\Sab hybrids is bit slow. It's like - pop 3 dots, jump in cover, throw sab charge (may be flourist shot then) and only after that u start rolling some (ok, OMGWTF-) damage with speed\wounding shot. So i sticked in true-DF 2/8/31.

What i like about it? It's unbelievable energy efficient! My standart, full hp enemy rotation:

Hemmoraging blast

Vital Shot

Sharp Bomb

Sabotage Charge

Flourist shot

Speed Shot

(around this step target is >30% hp)

Wounding shot

Few times i saw a 1k (995 actually :p) crits of bleeding. It was awesome!

But you may ask - ***, this rotation isn't rly changes for DF\Sab spec. True, but it's full rotation. Hemmo - Vital - SB can easily melt down 50% hp target and i enjoy it.

Basicaly there is no best PVP build coz we don't have combat log and WZ always random. I mean it could easily happen that u won 9\10 wz in a row and in 10th u sucked with ur build pretty much, but if u have, let's say 31-sab u could shine. But that's don't mean that u could lost previous 9 WZs with 31-sab build. That's the matter. You can't win every single WZ (for now, in full, 8 ppl premade may be) thx to different situation etc. So that's what i trying to say:

"There is now best PVP build of all times, there is only one PVP build that suits you best and let you to have most fun in this game"

So, roll your build, win wz, have fun and be happy )

p.s. Sry for my bad english )

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700ZrI0roRbRMcZGbbkM.1

I've been tweaking the build a bit, and I'm running this one at the moment. It's pretty effective, it's good 1v1 depending on who you're fighting, but it's really effective in group combat and good at denial. I still think IG is better and denying people control points, but I got tired of trying to throw it down with the amount of stuns I receive because I piss people off in warzones.

Edited by RoyFokker

Currently using the 23/16/2 build for pvp. I can pull 497k damage so far in wzs, while the most for a pure 31/x/x I've had was 492k. So you don't sacrifice damage in the end. But you gain a snare which is very big for a gunslinger. Having a snare works wonders at kiting (for obvious reasons). Plus the 15% damage on flyby and sabotage makes them hit like trucks, the insurrection allows your more power hungry build to not deplete you so fast. It's served me far better in 1v1 pvp, without sacrificing overall damage.

So what rotation do you use? Why use dealers discount? How do you not stack up on Dead eye?

Edited by Kacknballz

So what rotation do you use? Why use dealers discount? How do you not stack up on Dead eye?

I don't use dealer's discount. Like I said, I use sapping charge for the snare.

As for deadeye, extra crit damage on trickshot and quickdraw are nice, but I fare far better in 1v1s with fully specced sabo charge and shock charge.

Your rotation doesn't change much, just use sabo if you have the range. throw in root and interupt as it fits. You know, the basics.

I don't use dealer's discount. Like I said, I use sapping charge for the snare.

As for deadeye, extra crit damage on trickshot and quickdraw are nice, but I fare far better in 1v1s with fully specced sabo charge and shock charge.

Your rotation doesn't change much, just use sabo if you have the range. throw in root and interupt as it fits. You know, the basics.

Can you show me what build you have? Also, I don't know the rotation you are using. That's why i am asking.

Spoken like someone who either can't hack the class, or has gotten walked over by one.

Whatever you want to tell yourself. I have a Shadow and if I see an enemy sniper it is a guaranteed free kill for me, so the getting owned by a Gunslinger comment gave me great laughs…thanks.

Gunslinger has some potential if it gets some tweaks and bugs fixed.

Cover mechanic is broken (Entrench doesn't work all the time, and being knocked back/rooted out of regular cover is beyond retarded).

Sharpshooter is soo mitigated by armor that it becomes laughable damage.

DF hybrids are better with the added mobility but energy starved most of the time and the damage takes a while to ramp up. By the time I am ready to unload Wounding Shots the enemy will LOS or I am CC'd.

Full Sab builds are more defensive in nature and I admit I have little experience with them. I do think it is a fail to try to make an offensive DPS character defensive.

I had the most luck PvPing as a DF/Sab hybrid. In the end if I had everyone of my defensive cooldowns up I did alright. If I had Entrench, Legshot, Pulse Detonator, Flashbang, Shock Charge snare, Dirty Kick up then I may have a chance to win.

Like I said before, I have a Jedi Shadow and on this character I jump into the fray and SAVE my cooldowns for “oh crap” moments. I don’t have to use every one of them to achieve a kill/victory like I have to with my Gunslinger.

Can you show me what build you have? Also, I don't know the rotation you are using. That's why i am asking.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/smuggler/gunslinger/#::f8df12dfe2fe4fe3fe5f5ef5efefe4:

Rotation is simple. If you have the time,

Sabo charge>smuggler's luck+charged burst>aimed shot+trickshot>speed shot>shockcharge

Throw in root and stuns and interrupts as you see fit.

Each build is good for different things.

Dirty Fighting can solo tank classes very easily, like vanguards, powertechs, etc. It's very bad against healers.

Sharpshooter is very good against healers because it has a very high burst and sustained single target and doesn't rely on DoTs.

Saboteur has decent burst (tech burst) but lacks single target damage, good for AOE.

Take SS if you want 5k+ damage medals and healer kills, take DF if you want to be able to take out tanks and be more mobile, take Sabo if you want to get the most leaderboard damage.

"Do you find that normal nerve after the thug that two other classes as loud clap louder than see him before the nerve? The 5k is full of stuff I champion and master of combat. This game is the bag B ** E! Brave the nerve of thug developers not prevail in paradise." -Anonymous

Tha was most hilarious sig i have ever read. Thanks

And the spec sure looks intresting.

Edited by Deesasther

What you guys think about this? Its 31/3/7 sharpshooting

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bsbrdRkRgzZ0cZGb.1

Well, there are some problems:

- Ballistic Dampeners missing - this one is essential!

- 1 point in Burst Volley - wasted

- Did you get alarcity only for Dirty Kick buff? It's not that good, better take 10 energy and spend the last 2 point wherever you like (most take AoE damage increase)

You can check out one of the sticky guides for the classic 31/7/3 biuld.