Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

Honestly, if they would have given me 1050 Cartel Points aswell, I'd find it fair. I bought it prior to it's release in April which was about 12€ or something, so yeah...

People who bought it yesterday get their money back in Cartel Points, so nice commercial gesture for them. But for all your loyal subs who payed for this( to give you a return investment) from the start only get a rather cheap title( in development expenses)... Kinda lame guys :(

Eric, Damion and Cory! You can do better than this guys! Show us that you meant it in Köln( Cologne, Germany) when you told us to keep supporting you guys and keep supporting the community.

You kinda not motivating us to do so( sad panda) :(

Blïtz

Life's better with a good cocktail

Edited by Taratahi

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... I still haven't got any characters past level 50. So for preordering I get a Hutt training statue (which is pretty cool, mind you, but not indispensable) and a couple of titles. Compared to people who buy it now and get money back as cartel coins and an extra month of playing the expansion.

So as a sub who preordered the expansion to get it a little cheaper than "normal", why did I bother preordering? I'm with the other people in that if you were going to make it free I would have been better off buying CC (or not spending money on the game at all). I know it's a sense of "entitlement" that we're not necessarily entitled to, but let's just say it's the dedicated subs, who are the steady source of income, who you're offending here.

*pulls out popcorn and keeps watching the subs rage*

I cannot believe how terribly this game and its community have been mismanaged. The original team of developers and community relations folks were far superior. I don't mean that in some flippant way. I'm not trying to be fashionable or whatever when I say this. I'm not being sarcastic, etc.

This game has failed so incredibly hard because of what they did to it post launch. F2P was a fiasco. The Cartel Market is a total JOKE. The gambling packs are an abomination. The upcoming SSSP looks to be a complete rip off of space from Battlefront 2.

Is anyone going to right the ship here? Anyone?

I cannot believe how terribly this game and its community have been mismanaged. The original team of developers and community relations folks were far superior. I don't mean that in some flippant way. I'm not trying to be fashionable or whatever when I say this. I'm not being sarcastic, etc.

This game has failed so incredibly hard because of what they did to it post launch. F2P was a fiasco. The Cartel Market is a total JOKE. The gambling packs are an abomination. The upcoming SSSP looks to be a complete rip off of space from Battlefront 2.

Is anyone going to right the ship here? Anyone?

If you honestly believe that, why are you still here paying a sub for a failed game full of abominations?

Are you really so hopelessly addicted to Star Wars that you feel you have no choice but to throw money at anything with the label on it, or do you just enjoy being melodramtic for its own sake?

so you must jump on forums of every company in the world and throw a tantrum right? the processor i bought last year for my pc has dropped in price more than half since i got it and my iphone i bought last year is now free when i paid 200 dollars how is this any different? you got to play 5 months before anyone else could and i think its a smart move it will bring in new subs and old ones will come back. Its quite sad you get upset over this when every company in the world does it lol.

There is a big difference. The people who bought your processor and IPhone don't get something NOW (Cartel Coins) because they bought it recently.. Sure, the price dropped which happens to everything, but they don't get a reward for buying it late. That's what this is. Subscribers who were loyal and paid early get essentially nothing, yet the ones who bought late get about 10 bucks worth of Cartel Coins. Do you not see the flawed logic in that? So, this is a big slap in the face to loyal subscribers on all fronts.

As of now, when the next expansion does ever come out, I am going to stop playing the game for 5 months afterwards, I am pretty much done now anyway. Everything Bioware does just puts me off. Bioware does NOT appreciate loyalty and their subscriber base. All they care about now is cash grabs and a lack of quality. Everything they have done in this game proves that, this is just one more nail in the coffin for me.

Edited by DarthVengeant

ALL those who purchased the expansion should get the cartel coin bonus. The people that purchased it earlier are those that have been supporting this game longer and given BW more of their money. How about rewarding loyalty? Who makes silly decisions like this Aug. 11th nonsense? It's just rude.

I pre-ordered the expansion despite knowing very little except its title. Why? Because I wanted to show my loyalty and give a little extra financial support to the company who made a game that I enjoyed a lot - while a felt 90% of the gaming community was pointing and laughing at Bioware and SWTOR.

And now you reward the Johnny-come-latelys with a Cartel Coin bonus on top of the title that everybody else who paid for the expansion gets.

Wow, thanks, guys. That makes me feel sooooo appreciated! Except that it doesn't.

There is a big difference. The people who bought your processor and IPhone don't get something NOW (Cartel Coins) because they bought it recently.. Sure, the price dropped which happens to everything, but they don't get a reward for buying it late. That's what this is. Subscribers who were loyal and paid early get essentially nothing, yet the ones who bought late get about 10 bucks worth of Cartel Coins. Do you not see the flawed logic in that? So, this is a big slap in the face to loyal subscribers on all fronts.

As of now, when the next expansion does ever come out, I am going to stop playing the game for 5 months afterwards, I am pretty much done now anyway. Everything Bioware does just puts me off. Bioware does NOT appreciate loyalty and their subscriber base. All they care about now is cash grabs and a lack of quality. Everything they have done in this game proves that, this is just one more nail in the coffin for me.

Fine post, too bad you'll get flamed for it good sir. :(

Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Read More

Soooo the subscribers who pre-purchased ROtHC when it was first announced and have been playing it since release only gets a Title?? BW Give US a break. You are going to give late purchasers Cartel Coins and us only a Title, that really shows how much you appreciate loyal subscribers. At this point I am ready to unsub. BW if you know what is good for you, reward your loyal subscribers with more than a stupid title please.

Edited by Shukan

Pretty much everything said above is true, basically they created the represented that if they ever release an expansion again you'll be rewarded for buying it later rather then sooner.

That is dumb on so many levels...

no i really dont see the flaw i still got 5 months and many many hours of playtime for 10 dollars what i cant understand is why people like you throw such tantrums over 10 dollars hell going to taco bell costs almost ten dollars for one meal its hardly anything. my question is why do you feel you deserve something what if they gave you 10 dollars cartel coins wouldnt that be unfair to others? you basically would get to play the expansion 5 months before anyone else for free get off your high horse you got 5 months of playtime and a few free ingame items bioware hasnt screwed you over in anyway. where else can you spend 10 dollars and get that much time out of it.

Lots of people here don't seem to grasp how capitalism works. As a product ages the price drops, whistles and bells get added to it and at the end the remaining stock gets thrown out. What's next, people that buy a new car model at launch get to moan cos the same model is later being sold with huge comparative benefits cos the next model is right around the corner?

Not to mention the fact this CC "perk" is no perk. It's a bandage they hope will keep the people that bought the expansion in the last few weeks from exploding cos it's about to be free.

Christ do you lot have ZERO empathy? Put yourself in the shoes of someone that dinged 50 and bought rothc last week reading these news and then tell me again how wronged you got as a preorder guy that got half a year and preorder items for your 10$ compared to this newbie and his 10$. I'm all ears to hear the grave injustice and under appreciation bestowed upon thee.

It's not appreciation it's a "we're sorry we took your money for something we're giving away for free tomorrow". Something BW had to do if they had a shred of decency in them. And you're throwing a fit cos you're not getting the same. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Edited by aeterno

Lots of people here don't seem to grasp how capitalism works. As a product ages the price drops, whistles and bells get added to it and at the end the remaining stock gets thrown out. What's next, people that buy a new car model at launch get to moan cos the same model is later being sold with huge comparative benefits cos the next model is right around the corner?

Not to mention the fact this CC "perk" is no perk. It's a bandage they hope will keep the people that bought the expansion in the last few weeks from exploding cos it's about to be free.

Christ do you lot have ZERO empathy? Put yourself in the shoes of someone that dinged 50 and bought rothc last week reading these news and then tell me again how wronged you got as a preorder guy that got half a year and preorder items for your 10$ compared to this newbie and his 10$. I'm all ears to hear the grave injustice and under appreciation bestowed upon thee.

It's not appreciation it's a "we're sorry we took your money for something we're giving away for free tomorrow". Something BW had to do if they had a shred of decency in them. And you're throwing a fit cos you're not getting the same. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Somebody who understands the difference between a reward and a refund, kudos to you sir.

Prepare to be flamed :p

I think there was a comment several pages back that went along the lines of: "Am I entitled to the CC? No, but it's much better than the title." That's kind of where I'm at - but at the same time, it makes absolutely no sense to only honor purchases in the past month as worthy of essentially having the cost refunded in cartel coins.

If this is the model, what's the point of buying any future digital expansions from them? If you're in no rush to see new content, it's all about value - wait until the last month and get $20 worth of content for $10. Bioware can and will do whatever they want to do, but it doesn't make sense. And as a consumer, if this stands it doesn't make any sense to pay them for any future digital expansion.

Very questionable decision. I echo the other sentiments in that I certainly wouldn't have pre-ordered RotHC if I thought I could get it PLUS 1050 CC by holding out. It's a shame, and I won't make the same mistake again.

The SWTOR team really knows how to alienate their supporters, don't they?

Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Read More

Nice to people who only just want to get in on the expansion are getting rewarded while the people who got it from the beginning are getting jack. Typical bioware.

Yes I do empathies with the people who just bought the expansion, but my empathy is not limited to them. Maybe you should have some empathy for all of the players who are being underappreciated for their purchase of the very same expansion. And while I admit that the training statue was useful, I could care less about the title and pet that I got because I pre ordered. And no, just in case you are wondering, I don't want any form of interest paid to me because I was enticed to buy the expansion early in order to get the portable trainer.

Honestly, It's not that big a deal. I got RotHC when it was first released and I'm not upset at the fact that new buyers will get 1050 CC. From the time I bought the expansion until now, I guarantee that I have much more in game than the new buyers. Sure, they'll have free CC to buy whatever they want whether it be a species or 2 packs, but at the end of the day we ALL get free CC every month, we ALL bought packs (or anything for that matter) from the market, and there are FEW that have spent $60+ just to try and get certain items from cartel packs. It's really not a big deal that they get free CC. A title that no one else will have but us is pretty neat. Everything else that everyone can get is no biggie. Edited by twiztidhavok

"Finally, Subscribers who purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT."

Is this some kind of joke? What about those of us that were subscribers and purchased this when it came out? We get what? A title? I just recently in the last week or so even got to see the new content from RotH as I finally got a character to 50+ and I bought the expansion when it launched. Now I feel as if I'm "punished" for taking my time leveling and playing. This really bothers me.

What you all have decided to do with this and the color dyes over the last few days really has me thinking about why I continue to play and spend my money on TOR. I'm NOT a happy customer, not one bit.

This kind of thing does not in any way make me feel valued as a subscriber. Quite the opposite.

Edited by Jerqa

I don't have a problem with this. Anything that expands the player base can only be a good thing.

I don't mind that I paid for this and 5 months later it's going to be free. I've said it before, but I lose more than $10 on a big night out so paying $10 for an extra planet isn't a big deal to me.

What does bother me (not a lot, but it does bother me) is that BW seem to be rewarding late adopters of ROTHC while pretty much ignoring those that purchased it when it came out.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me that much but I'm also an Australian player who went to the trouble to import the game before it was available here and have subbed since day 1. With the closure of the APAC servers (and a seeming unwillingness to even consider merging the PvE, PvP and RPG servers into one) I just don't feel like it's worth me continuing my sub.

I will most probably resub if/when a new expansion comes out and I'll probably end up buying that as well, but I don't see a point for continuing support for a company that doesn't seem to value not just me, but all players in the APAC region. (not that that's unique to BW and EA, all tech companies seem to like to spit on Australians).

Additionally, players who have already purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel and are an active Subscriber on September 12 at 4:00AM PDT / 11:00AM GMT will receive a new title, “The Risen,” via in-game mail on or before September 25, 2013 as our appreciation for the purchase.

Finally, Subscribers who purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

From the look of it If you are reading all of this, BioWare. I suggest you starting to treat all your customers fairly otherwise you might lose the early adopters, a loyal subscribers base who keep this game alive. The recent adopters feel more appreciated but if the early adopters get shot in the foot everytime like this. I personally think gaining new customers and expand it community but losing the base of loyal customers equal nothing.:rolleyes: