Looking for a casual-ambitious guild? Pillars of Ashla

Syndramise

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya Krozis, it's good to "meet" ya, and thanks for the question!

PvP isn't the primary focus of the guild, but do we have active and regular PvP, and the number of folks who PvP is growing. We have two scheduled PvP events per week and a good deal of informal action; also, we'll most likely have regular attendance at the world PvP events if those keep happening. We don't have the large uberleet PvP core we had at release, but we do still have some serious PvP butt-kickers, and we have a growing group of "up-and-comings".

Our next scheduled PvP event is Friday at 8pm Eastern time, but we generally have folks running WZ every day. Type /cjoin poa in-game and tell 'em Syn invited you to pop in and see what the PvP goings-on look like; if folks are running running, maybe there will be room for you to hop in and get to know folks. If you don't get a large or immediate response, people are probably raiding or PvPing. :D What do your play hours generally look like?

Thanks for the information.

Like I said I see you guys somewhat frequently... and being grouped certainly helps. I'd like to get into a bit of PVE. I pvp probably early evenings... like 6-9 PM Eastern. And all over the place on weekends.

Thanks again.

You're more than welcome to join us for one (or more) of our ops to see whatcha think.

You can find our ops guide here, and feel free to sign up on our calendar here. What are you looking for in PVE?

I'm not usually on that early, but I'll be on at 8 EST on Friday and 7 EST on Saturday, so hopefully I can catch ya then. :D

Thanks,

The guild looks highly organized! Very nice.

I guess my own expectation PVE wise is pretty modest. I mean I've literally done nothing on Repside for PVE, and that includes basic stuff beyond leveling flashpoints. I don't think I could ever be that guy who's burning through NIM's on a weekly basis. But I see you do gearing runs too which is awesome.

You seem to have a lot of people signing up too which is great.

PVP wise it does seem quiet.

Right now since I have very few reps at 55 on this server, I have been PVPing with Imp friends since the announcement of the Rancor reward. We've been solo ranked queing pretty much all evening.

I have a feeling I could never reach that ranking on my rep toons. lol

Let me come back to this as I see you have a strict (good) policy on 'changing mains'. But yea, you guys seem very organized (PVE wise) and have good membership.

Edited by Krozis

I've been with Pillars of Ashla for about 2 months now and just wanted to say they are a great fit for me! I'm a casual player that likes to dabble in all aspects of the game such as PvE, PvP warzones (and hopefully ranked soon!), and Open World PvP.

For PvE content, Pillars of Ashla has both gearing and progression op runs each week and will be introducing a Fun Run event for those of us slackers that never ran the early ops :) There are also plans for class workshops, which, as a relatively noobish tank, I will greatly benefit from. While people may find this crazy, I've played SWTOR since closed beta and never set a foot in an op until I joined Pillars of Ashla. :eek: They've been patient with me during the gearing ops :) Of course, if you are into flashpoints, there tends to be no trouble finding a group among the online guild members.

With PvP, we have faction-neutral PvP nights 2 times a week. I believe the tentative plan is to gear up participants and then start tackling the ranked warzones before the end of Season 1. In addition, we are now participating in an open world PvP event with a few other guilds. The last event on CZ-198 had about 20+ on both Republic and Imp side battling it out! I thought the server was having a hard time keeping up with that open world action :D If you are an achievement hunter like myself, you finally have a chance to progress on those PvP achievements while beating Imps (one of my favorite activities).

Pillars of Ashla offers something for any casual player! Not only does the guild offer so much, but I feel it is organized very well, with its own charter that spells out member responsibilities, guild policies, and the general principles of the guild. The charter provides a solid foundation for the guild.

Come and check out Pillars of Ashla!

Edited by artoodetoo

We had a great time tonight at the kickoff of our second leveling-pact-without-cliques event; I'm looking forward to continuing it next week.

Also had a blast at our Saturday Sillies event right after the leveling pact. Roflstomping 16m NiM EV and KP with 14 was cathartic. :D I'm curious to see where we'll go next week!

Great night of pvp with the guild....good people good fun! I love premade's....

Indeed! Lots of fun and with great guildies too!

Speaking of PvP, we will start running ranked matches on Friday PvP Nights. Hitting 1500 rating will be tough, but going in with a group feels much better than hoping for a solid team in the solo queue.

Let me bring this back up for a great guild to join!

If you want a friendly environment, constant and practically daily guild stuff to do and lots of people willing to help you with whatever you need, look no further, join us NOW! :D