I want a swappable purple crystal badly enough to quit if it's raid drop only

Felioats

You know colors on crystals used to only be green, red and blue. All else where rare, some extremely rare like the white one. This continued far into kotor2. Just like rare epic looking mounts/gear/pets some crystals where rare. I dont see a problem here except you didnt get what you expected and decided to whine on the forums.

I wish they would expand colors like in Kotor and beyond. Silver and Viridian please. The current choices are boring when everyone sports *sameness* as a choice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure would be nice if jedi could have the cool purple saber that, you know, a JEDI has in the movie, instead of seeing the sith have exclusive access to the jedi color that everyone wants. instead we have minty blue toothpaste sticks because....well....because... Why?

OMG I am so quitting now.......as a left handed person I am offended..... :p

I do kinda wish I could have left-handedness, it's funny in earlier games they often had the option but nowadays it's gone out of fashion I guess.

its a 100% drop chance for a magneta (SP) crystal, the pattern on the other hand is a little rare and drops from the belsavis world boss. Obviously this is for Republic only, not sure about imps.

Yes i have the crystal the mats are unique, there are also cut crystals on our AH so rare yes, unobtainable NO

the crystals on the AH are the 33 power versions.

PURPLE IS UNOBTAINABLE FOR REPUBLIC

Edited by Deathnasty

Personally it would be annoying as hell to have every 13 year old running around with a white saber... that just defeats the purpose.

Except that in this game, your character is the savior of the universe, that's why we run around with ancient droids, royalty, famous bounty hunters. So you should be able to choose what you look like, and have your choice of colour crystals. Everything else points to this, it's time colour crystals step in line.

I agree, why make ANY color hard to get? I can kind of understand the weirder colors, like black-red and black-blue, but all the solid colors at least should be craftable from artifice if not easy to get.

Agreed, this is a character customization issue, not a uber-lootz issue. Personally I don't even care about purple, but a more obtainable array of colors would be nice. I always find it silly the sorts of things devs will draw lines in the sand over. Purple crystals? Really? Why do they care if people want purple light sabers?

there are so far these colors

red-dark side

blue-light side

green-light side

purple-empire

yellow-goes both ways

orange-goes both ways

magenta-empire

cyan-republic

black-blue-republic pvp

black-red-empire pvp

black-green razor offer

black-yellow-pre-order bonus

there used to be white crystals in beta but got removed for some reason

and the argument- no color should be rare? yes some colors should be rare its the same exact thing as having an epic gem for your gear in world of warcraft not everyone has it so it gives you a 1up on some people but its not so bad as that you have it and it means you are the best player in the game. its a piece of gear and is thus subject to rarity and uniqueness by drop chance and location. now if you were expecting this to not be the case you have obviously not ever played an mmo before and should stay off the forums complaining about something that is completely justified by the game itself.

Edited by CIIconoclast

I wish I could give you my purple I freaking hate it........

I swore I would never use anything but a red saber as a sith but here I am forced to use pruple because I can't change the color of my champ saber and not using it would hurt me....

I'm waiting for them to change their commercial instead of the sith jumping out of the ship with all red sabers, they need to change it to all purple sabers....

Thanks bioware

Edited by DirtyDiggler

and the argument- no color should be rare? yes some colors should be rare its the same exact thing as having an epic gem for your gear in world of warcraft not everyone has it so it gives you a 1up on some people but its not so bad as that you have it and it means you are the best player in the game. its a piece of gear and is thus subject to rarity and uniqueness by drop chance and location. now if you were expecting this to not be the case you have obviously not ever played an mmo before and should stay off the forums complaining about something that is completely justified by the game itself.

Not a great argument, why some colours?

How many helmets are there in the game? Now many blaster rifles? How many chest pieces?

About what, 50 styles of any one kind of item? Sound right?

Now how many styles of light saber? 1

Not counting hilts, hilts do look nice but the 10 pixels sticking out of your hand when you are using them don't cut it, (admiting dual bladed light sabers are the exception), there is one style of light saber per type. So 2 total. The only difference is colour. So with the current readily available colours there are 5 to choose from assuming you are neutral. 1 tenth of the options of other items, and for the most noticeable item in the game.

Bioware has gone out of it's way to let you choose how you look to a great degree, and they are working on improving that as well. Majorly limiting options for this important part of your appearance is not in line with their stance on customizable appearance.

You can't not respect someone’s desire to look how they want and expect them to respect your desire for visual achievements.

And by the way, for the “goes both ways” crystals, I’m pretty sure they are on a don’t ask don’t tell kind of deal ;)

Addition to patch 1.1.3

We are now sending everyone a mail to just tell us that items they want and we will mail them to you because you wont shut up until we do.

Everyone having anything they want and sit in the Fleet to look cool means they will resub and they can make money and not fix bugs. Sounds like a win for everyone but the ones that bought this game to actual play it.

Addition to patch 1.1.3

We are now sending everyone a mail to just tell us that items they want and we will mail them to you because you wont shut up until we do.

Everyone having anything they want and sit in the Fleet to look cool means they will resub and they can make money and not fix bugs. Sounds like a win for everyone but the ones that bought this game to actual play it.

Come back when you can figure out the answer to your own signature question. It's not that hard to figure out.

Seriously, that whole "it's not what you want, it's what I want that's important" attitude doesn't help. And they do have more than one developer so I've heard.

Your posts all seem very negative.

I'm not saying "if you don't like it leave" but maybe you should think about what you are doing. Find something you do enjoy.

For me this is the best game I've played in a long time. I enjoy playing it too much. House is in dire need of a good cleaning. XD

I'm just saying I think they choose the wrong path with light saber colour crystals.

I'm in the forums because I can do that from work, but I can't play from work ;)

Agreed, great game, terrible development decision, giving sith a jedi color and keeping them both in a color cage. Also, it's pretty lame seeing every single battle master with a black lightsaber.what were you thinking? Let us work for what we want. Don't lock us out. Or in. I don't want to have a black lightsaber in Order to have good stats. I want purple sabers like jedi from lore have. Dont just give it to sith.

• 2 weeks later...
So there's a color that apparently everyone wants as there are multiple threads made about it every day. So, the developers make it hard to obtain. Sounds about right to me.

The most desirable stuff is always the hardest to obtain. Welcome to MMOs.

I really hate this way of thinking. How about making light sabers in general hard to obtain? More people want light sabers in general than purple ones. How about guns too then? And Armour? 3 most popular things in the game! Can't just be giving them away!

It's a basic option they have chosen to limit to mobs and one faction pvp.

I had no problem in WoW doing dailies for weeks to get my Nether Drake mount.

It's a freakin nether drake mount after all! If you told me I had to do the same thing to get a mace . . . swords, axes and hammers all over, but a mace? Work for it!

Excuse me?

How is that acceptable?

while the op is dramatic he is right in a way.

There should be some way for non raiders to get it but it should require epic quest perhapps including multiple steps

-clear all flashpoints on hardmode

-find rare mats in the world

-kill rare spawn champion mob

something to equal a few weeks of raiding and frankly i think its fine. Everyone should have some sort of path forward without being told to play with 7 others (even if its my prefered way) we just have to make the effort as great NOT put them on ez mode vendors.

while the op is dramatic he is right in a way.

There should be some way for non raiders to get it but it should require epic quest perhapps including multiple steps

-clear all flashpoints on hardmode

-find rare mats in the world

-kill rare spawn champion mob

something to equal a few weeks of raiding and frankly i think its fine. Everyone should have some sort of path forward without being told to play with 7 others (even if its my prefered way) we just have to make the effort as great NOT put them on ez mode vendors.

First of all I would like to say that MMO gear is about exclusivity, this provides the motivation for players, and triggers their inner competitive spirit.

Second, I agree with the suggestion for an epic quest (which suddenly reminded me on how SWTOR has like literally 0 'epic'-style quests), something that would take many many steps and could span across a few levels, a few flashpoints, and perhaps some intensive farming. WoW had something like that, although some may not consider it 'epic', it definitely is more than what SWTOR currently offers to players interested in long story quests, e.g. the drakefire amulet quest in WoW, the 5man scarlet stratholme etc, and these quests did not involve any 'raiding'.

The most 'epic' of quests in SWTOR, the class quest, while 'epic', lacks a certain challenge in that it is done alone. And the remaining quests in SWTOR are largely planet-centric/specific - i.e. most SWTOR quests never involve more than a single planet (then again, if it had to involve multiple planets it would get tedious because the method of travelling between planets feels more like a chore than an 'epic' quest journey).

If we include quests that involve raiding then we'd get even more interesting rewards, such as quel'serrar, thunderfury, sulfuras etc.

OP gets his request and his purple crystal:

Patch to go live on servers tomorrow includes following items (temporarily)

Colours: Cyan, Purple, White, Yellow, Red

Lvls 47 and 50 with +31 and +41 respectively for Endurance, Critical or Power (so a lot of crystals depending what you prefer)

Prices vary from 125k to 2.5m

New vendor is unnamed and found in the trade area.

Pre-order are same stats but cheaper (100k to 250k)

Three schematics for 400 artifice all Magenta with lvl 49 and +33 stats

Prices all 250k.

I swear no-one looks at the test server area, people certainly haven't noticed on our server. My magenta crystal selling days are indeed over though, have been running down my stock all weekend since the notes went up on Friday night.

OP gets his request and his purple crystal:

Patch to go live on servers tomorrow includes following items (temporarily)

I swear no-one looks at the test server area, people certainly haven't noticed on our server. My magenta crystal selling days are indeed over though, have been running down my stock all weekend since the notes went up on Friday night.

Well, that's cool.

I was hoping to get it before level 50, or 47.

They are also removing the alignment requirement from crystals it seems, I thought that was fair enough. Orange should have been darkside too though.