Lana Beniko Romance

EsoMajkl

hi guys, lana romances is still broken from chapter IX Aliance?

I've never had any problems with it, except my own clumsiness and failure to understand what the cantina conversation was asking, the very first time I went through it.

But people still have problems with it, even now, and once you've finished the chapter in a "broken" state, it's broken forever for that character. Key: if you get to the cantina, and you don't get the [Flirt] offered, cancel out immediately using the Esc key, and re-play KotFE Chapters III to VIII to repair the romance flags. Make sure you do this when there isn't about to be a patch. Do NOT finish the conversation until you have done this.

Also, the "correct" form of the dialogue wheel in a "working" setup is:

1. I want to talk with one of you.

2. [Flirt] I want to talk with one of you.

PICK OPTION 2. The "real" flirt will come in the conversation with your chosen romance target (Lana, Theron, or Koth) that follows, but if you pick 1 on this wheel, you don't get the "real" flirt in what follows.

If you just get option 1, hit Esc to cancel out of the conversation, and re-play the chapters, as described above.

One way to avoid the problems that come from patching between starting Chapter III and reaching the cantina, is to play through in one go from the beginning of KotFE to the end of Chapter IX. That is, you start KotFE and you do not log out, switch characters, go to fleet, or anything except play KotFE. It takes about 5-6 hours if you play straight through and don't spacebar through conversations. I've done this a couple of times, but I"m fortunate in not having parents nor school nor (on Friday/Saturday nights) work the next day, nor a girlfriend / fiancée / wife to object to me playing an MMORPG until 3am. Normally, I'd recommend against doing it, but it is an option.

One way to avoid the problems that come from patching between starting Chapter III and reaching the cantina, is to play through in one go from the beginning of KotFE to the end of Chapter IX. That is, you start KotFE and you do not log out, switch characters, go to fleet, or anything except play KotFE. It takes about 5-6 hours if you play straight through and don't spacebar through conversations. I've done this a couple of times, but I"m fortunate in not having parents nor school nor (on Friday/Saturday nights) work the next day, nor a girlfriend / fiancée / wife to object to me playing an MMORPG until 3am. Normally, I'd recommend against doing it, but it is an option.

Or, if you want to spread out your play time a little, just pick a few days (up to a week) where you know there won't be any patches. Logging out in the middle of a chapter is fine; a patch/update going live in the middle of said chapter will break the romance.

I was so nervous about this that I ended up playing through KOTFE's first 9 chapters over a weekend, and the romance was fine in that case, as others have mentioned. So if one's really determined to get the romance that might be the only way, unfortunately.

What's odd is that with this bug, even if you have the romance locked in and replay the chapters for fun, the flags are all off. After Chapter 9, it's fine, and the flags are obviously there if I play through again, but in C8 my character can't get rescued from Arcann by Lana (Koth always shows up) and in C9 there's no cantina flirt option.