Healing is most like?

Xenogias

I plan on rollin a BH and plan on healing once I get in. I am curious as to what BH would be most akin to healing wise. I have healed in several MMO's so you could probably pick a class from any MMO except EQ (I was playing asherons call) and vanguard.

I'm just kind of curoius what to expect. I know its not a hot/mobile healing class so it makes me wonder if its more like say a pally from WoW or if its so diffrent in playstyle that it doesnt really compare to other classes in other MMO's.

When I look over the talent tree for bodyguard and start to plug away and play with abilities, I'm reminded a lot of my resto shaman... Weapon cylinder that indirectly affects healing, charge-based smart heal for the tank, mix of AoE and the short, medium and long heals... Very much a shaman toolbox.

I plan on rollin a BH and plan on healing once I get in. I am curious as to what BH would be most akin to healing wise. I have healed in several MMO's so you could probably pick a class from any MMO except EQ (I was playing asherons call) and vanguard.

I'm just kind of curoius what to expect. I know its not a hot/mobile healing class so it makes me wonder if its more like say a pally from WoW or if its so diffrent in playstyle that it doesnt really compare to other classes in other MMO's.

It's really not comparable to anything I've played before. The trick is not cracking 40 heat, not hitting 0 heat, and getting back below 40 heat after burst damage. You go OOM incredibly quickly if you go past about 50-60 heat without popping vent heat. However, if you don't keep your heat at about 30 you'll be wasting healing potential so it's very tricky.

When I look over the talent tree for bodyguard and start to plug away and play with abilities, I'm reminded a lot of my resto shaman... Weapon cylinder that indirectly affects healing, charge-based smart heal for the tank, mix of AoE and the short, medium and long heals... Very much a shaman toolbox.

Really there's nothing in any other MMO that's quite like healing as a bounty hunter (or agent/operative). I will agree a few of the abilities do make me think of resto shaman (the kolto shell being the biggest), but healing is more about managing your heat and cooldowns than anything else. I mean you could compare Supercharged Gas to Unleash elements, but in reality, it's much more like Resto Druid Tree form (in that it alters how many of your base heals function).

Biggest thing to adjust to is the heat mechanic.

You can't compare the healing in this game to other games. First of all due to boss dmg. In this game you don't drop from 100% to 10% in one hit. Spam healing is not viable for any healer. (Since most of you compare this to WoW the resources does not work like WoW. In WoW It's all about spam healing with almost endless mana. Whereas in this game you have to constantly manage your heat/force/energy)

As for AoE healing; they are all good at it when needed. If look closer to the healing specs they over all healers they are very similiar to each other. It all comes down to managing your heat as a Bounty Hunter really.

Do you like micro management? Then Bounty hunter is perfect. Do you want a more traditional mana bar? Then Sorceror might be the option. (Force is similiar to mana but a limited resorce).

What I'm trying to say is that all healers are viable in their way. They all have good AoE and single target heals.

Edited by Acharial