Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does Malgus not remember you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why does Malgus not remember you?

OldVengeance
10.10.2019 , 01:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
I don't the dynamic between my toons and Malgus. I did not feel that we did not know each other, but still the whole "i'm the one that kill you" was not present, that really pisses me.

Mmmm, never hear of that. I even look at videos of people going for every possible dialogue choice to look for any reference that player chracter was the one that killed him and found nothing
If that's a bug then i'm even more pissed because i cannot repeat Ossus story.
BW can track perfectly whatever i choose in a very unimportant side quest in the starting planet(malora) but cannot track the ending of one of the main storylines?
Yeah it's here: https://youtu.be/0qXJ4E9bXfg?t=1232

If you are bugged or didn't do False Emperor, you get the "Malora wasn't the only one who thought you were dead" option.

Republic characters' equivalent is after defeating Malora. Either they say "Malgus died years ago," to which Malora says "Apparently, it didn't take," or "Malgus is dead. I was there," to which Malora says "Apparently, you should have been more thorough."

aerockyul
10.10.2019 , 01:27 PM | #12
He's remembered the characters I've brought through. He makes a couple of comments directly and I remember a couple that were more "read between the lines" comments.

The question might be--did you do the Battle of Ilum/False Emperor flashpoints as part of your official story progression through Ilum (The Prologue)? Or did you abandon those once the solo aspects were done in order to get off Ilum as fast as you could and did the flashpoints at any random point after that? Maybe there is a flag for those that specifically did it as part of the story.

He said different things to my merc (skipped the flashpoints as part of the Prologue) than he said to my sorc (completed the flashpoints as part of the Prologue), with words to differentiate between whether he was killed by the player directly or whether he was defeated by someone else, but he still acknowledged it.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Wrathiva
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx, Leczee Eko'va, Misphire
Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Referrals

OldVengeance
10.10.2019 , 01:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
He's remembered the characters I've brought through. He makes a couple of comments directly and I remember a couple that were more "read between the lines" comments.

The question might be--did you do the Battle of Ilum/False Emperor flashpoints as part of your official story progression through Ilum (The Prologue)? Or did you abandon those once the solo aspects were done in order to get off Ilum as fast as you could and did the flashpoints at any random point after that? Maybe there is a flag for those that specifically did it as part of the story.

He said different things to my merc (skipped the flashpoints as part of the Prologue) than he said to my sorc (completed the flashpoints as part of the Prologue), with words to differentiate between whether he was killed by the player directly or whether he was defeated by someone else, but he still acknowledged it.
I did the False Emperor Flashpoints long before the solos were available, he still didn't remember my Sith Warrior.

xordevoreaux
10.10.2019 , 01:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
haha, BRAVO! Well done, well done. English is not your first tongue, right?
Thanks. I learned German, Dutch, and English approximately the same time but retain more English now than anything. I do want to go back to Heidelberg at some point, just to visit if nothing else. It's been 50+ years.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Balameb
10.10.2019 , 03:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post

If you are bugged or didn't do False Emperor, you get the "Malora wasn't the only one who thought you were dead" option.

Republic characters' equivalent is after defeating Malora. Either they say "Malgus died years ago," to which Malora says "Apparently, it didn't take," or "Malgus is dead. I was there," to which Malora says "Apparently, you should have been more thorough."
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!
I did not got that choice (No grudge), and i would remeber because the other two choices would not work me neither of my toons.

I was mostly pissed off with the poor writing, now i'm pissed off at the bug
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

OlBuzzard
10.10.2019 , 05:32 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post

Additionally: Malora makes comments as to the "quality" of Malgus' existence. IIRC the thought was more or less... he's alive (more like a functioning life form) .

Sooo Malgus may or may not have all of his marbles lined up in a straight row ! (And a couple of them are chipped too !) That was kind of my take on it !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Lhancelot
10.10.2019 , 06:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Thanks. I learned German, Dutch, and English approximately the same time but retain more English now than anything. I do want to go back to Heidelberg at some point, just to visit if nothing else. It's been 50+ years.
I have been to Heidelberg... I was in the army in Kaiserslautern. I traveled to Mannheim often for the night life, Ludwigshafen was a small town with good night clubs too lol.

Basically I was a club kid in the army, and went to many underground dance clubs in Germany, which was plenty they really had a cutting edge night life in the early 90s.

I loved Germany, everything was on time. The buses, the trains, everything is like clockwork there! That's what I like, consistency and structure which really seems to be the German way.

As for Malgus and Germany, I don't think there's any connection.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Oreget
10.11.2019 , 12:37 AM | #18
All hail Darth Malgus.Hope to work together with him in the future also give me Malugs as companion!!!

ShieldProtection
10.11.2019 , 07:54 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Darth Malgus isn't one to carry grudges around for a lifetime.

He has moved on, and so should you, OP. It's never helpful dredging up the past dwelling on the bad things that someone did!

If Malgus is to be a part of your life moving forward, it's best to forgive him and move on. GL with your relationship with Darth Malgus.
I want romance-able Darth Malgus with tons of flirt options. Imagine getting hot with him, I bet that even draw some old subs to return to the game for some time. Companion would even better.
I make long posts on SWTOR forums, read it or not, thank you anyway

JattaGin
10.11.2019 , 08:08 AM | #20
I finally played Ossus on my agent yesterday. Took me a long time to get my agent to that point. I had just read this thread before my playthrough and paid close attention to the conversations with Malgus.

Malgus greets my agent with: "You..." and I took it as a "You, my murderer." and not e.g. as "You, the Alliance commander." However, there was no further specification. The rest of the conversation kinda felt like both sides tried to avoid the topic. At the end came some mocking from my side. Overall, my impression was that he knows very well, but he doesn't want to talk about it (OOC: due to the game limitations; one size fits all) and, more importantly, something far worse than being killed by my char, happened to him afterwards.

Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
50+ years?!?
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.