Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shield with Vigilance/Shien?

DarthPilatus
02.05.2013 , 07:29 AM | #1
As of the current patch, will a shield generator work while I am using the Vigilance tree and Shien Form?

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if the loading screen tip "Soresu activates shield generator" is out of date.

Subscriber since December 25th, 2011

OlosBC
02.05.2013 , 08:19 AM | #2
It'll "work", but since you'll be sitting at 5%shield and 20% absorb, it'll give about 1% total mitigation. Very not worth it.

Even with the 15% shield from tank stance, bringing you to 20% and 20%, that's only 4% damage reduction. Probably not really worth it till you start getting gear with shield and absorb stats.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Siorac
02.05.2013 , 08:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPilatus View Post
As of the current patch, will a shield generator work while I am using the Vigilance tree and Shien Form?

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if the loading screen tip "Soresu activates shield generator" is out of date.
The "activates shield generator" line merely means, as it always did, that Soresu adds 15% shield chance.

It's absolutely pointless to equip a shield in Shien: you lose out on a LOT of damage (Force Power) for a minuscule, insignificant, unnoticeable increase in mitigation.

Marqhill
02.05.2013 , 08:11 PM | #4
No. Do not use a shield in Vigilance with Shien.