Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How hard is Jugg to play?

Dabrixmgp
01.09.2013 , 10:26 PM | #1
Id like to play through the Sith Warrior storyline. I just finished Jedi Knight and it was pretty cool. I did it on a Sentinel so I want to avoid Mara as it would just be like playing the same class again. Just wondering if Juggs are easier or harder to play? I wont be tanking any raids or even FPs. Will do a lot of PvP though while I level as it takes away some of the boredom of questing. Also how soon will I get a healer companion?

waznpride
01.09.2013 , 10:35 PM | #2
Jugs can power through the PvE content a lot easier than maurs/sents due to many more defense CD and survivability, but early levels will be tough because your damage wont be as high as maur/sent.

PvP wise, Jugs rule the field. If you Immortal spec in PvP, you will not be disappointed. Easy defense medals, soak up tons of damage and with a good healer, you'll rarely die. But of course the downside to Immortal spec is the fact that you barely do any damage. But once you learn that you go more for protection, slows, stuns and leaps, your role will be about control and controlling the battlefield.

Vengence spec is great for bleeds and constant dmg, while also having enough survivability from passives like Unstoppable, and free Smash!

Or you can go super easy-mode and level/pvp in Rage. You have ultra powered Smashes, pure spike dmg.

I say, try each spec at lvl 21 (grabbing your new T3 ability) and find out which playstyle fits you.

Khalhazar
01.09.2013 , 10:59 PM | #3
In PvP, especially while leveling, consider the 18/23 spec as an alternative to the full immortal spec. It has many advantages which have been debated ad nauseum on this forum. I'm not putting down heavy immortal, just saying that it isn't always the best tank build in PvP. I prefer it even if I have a healer in my group, and even in tank gear.

waznpride
01.09.2013 , 11:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Khalhazar View Post
In PvP, especially while leveling, consider the 18/23 spec as an alternative to the full immortal spec. It has many advantages which have been debated ad nauseum on this forum. I'm not putting down heavy immortal, just saying that it isn't always the best tank build in PvP. I prefer it even if I have a healer in my group, and even in tank gear.
18/23 is like....Huttball master spec. I still prefer full Immortal because I enjoy the "try an kill me" mentality while just jumping around the map and spamming controls that you get from the higher tier Immortal.

I think the OP was talking about leveling from 1, so with that in mind, go down Vengeance first then finish up with Immortal.

Personally, I leveled to 40 in Vengeance, then I respeced to full Immortal and finally felt like a true tank.

iPvP
01.09.2013 , 11:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by waznpride View Post
18/23 is like....Huttball master spec. I still prefer full Immortal because I enjoy the "try an kill me" mentality while just jumping around the map and spamming controls that you get from the higher tier Immortal.

I think the OP was talking about leveling from 1, so with that in mind, go down Vengeance first then finish up with Immortal.

Personally, I leveled to 40 in Vengeance, then I respeced to full Immortal and finally felt like a true tank.
full immortal is awful for pvp tanking! you have to have the hybrid... you live longer anyways. you get more damage and controll.. for example you get unstopable 20% dmg reduc and imune to cc during the effect, you get that move that triggers to increase your next attack by 5% when slow and it stacks, your enraged defense has shorter cooldown and offers 15%dmg reduc while up. you get inpale wich allows for a dps increase, free smash, increase of soresu defense by 6% a 1sec stun when force charging

a full immortal tank in pvp is a joke and will get toyed with in huttball
B R i T T o N
@ harbinger
The Squirtle Squad

Dabrixmgp
01.09.2013 , 11:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by waznpride View Post
Or you can go super easy-mode and level/pvp in Rage. You have ultra powered Smashes, pure spike dmg.
Still trying to figure out how Juggs are easy-mode:

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith...-and-cooldowns

Force Charge or Obliterate + Smash with 4x Shockwave
Force Crush to build Shockwave
Force Choke to build Shockwave
Vicious Throw
Ravage
Sundering Assault
Force Scream
Saber Throw or Assault

Thats a lot of buttons not counting other CC, Slows, Interupts, and Cooldowns.

iPvP
01.10.2013 , 12:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
Still trying to figure out how Juggs are easy-mode:

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith...-and-cooldowns

Force Charge or Obliterate + Smash with 4x Shockwave
Force Crush to build Shockwave
Force Choke to build Shockwave
Vicious Throw
Ravage
Sundering Assault
Force Scream
Saber Throw or Assault

Thats a lot of buttons not counting other CC, Slows, Interupts, and Cooldowns.
its still a fairly simple spec, played it all the way to valor 86 before i went tank. i didnt like it becuase of how it was squishy, and i dont wanna feel squishy as a sith juggernaut. so what i did was via legacy min max a mara to destroy face with derp smash
B R i T T o N
@ harbinger
The Squirtle Squad

SylentRealm
01.10.2013 , 02:30 PM | #8
Currently using a mostly immortal spec defence spec for PVP. 27/12/2 http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/J...1diek-20e29-20

Comes with all of the defensive abilities found in the immortal tree, with unstoppable in vengeance and adds a bit more usability to smash. I used to use this build, but instead of using smash, I focused on Retaliation. Just found that it didn't proc nearly enough or really help when my main priority was control.

planet_J
01.10.2013 , 03:50 PM | #9
Healer comes at end of balmorra.

If you level as 27/12/2 it will make you sturdy with good aggro for your level...into the mid 40's I switched to 18/23 and liked it better...you are a tad squishier until right at 48-49 when you pickup deafening defense...but you are fine to tank even then.

I found that using jaesa worked best for me because, while quinn is nice, I rarely felt he was even necessary and preferred jaesa's dps was far more useful most times.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

TwistedTony
01.10.2013 , 04:41 PM | #10
jugs are hard to play in all 3 specs

immortal you gotta work to keep threat a lot

rage, you got a lot of buttons to press and constantly be aware of getting shockwave and dominate up asap

vengeance is by far the hardest spec, as some people with BH gear put up 1400 dps while others put up 1700 simply by doing the smallest rotation changes. Vengeance makes you work, but its also an extremely fun spec, and for me, the most fun spec in the game