Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor help *SPOILER ALERT*

Gehrik
11.26.2012 , 04:03 PM | #1
Hey I am currently clvl 50 (JUST got to 50) and I'm having a terrible time with the last class quest. I have been getting killed by a Force Knockback something-or-another that's hitting for over 30k. Am I missing a fight mechanic? HELP!

CellPerfect
11.26.2012 , 04:44 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Gehrik View Post
Hey I am currently clvl 50 (JUST got to 50) and I'm having a terrible time with the last class quest. I have been getting killed by a Force Knockback something-or-another that's hitting for over 30k. Am I missing a fight mechanic? HELP!
The emperor isn't too hard a fight, but if you fail to interrupt him he's almost impossible to beat. A few tips for beating him are this:

-Stay on the Emperor. He has many clones that are just distractions. Ignore them. Focus down the emperor first.
-Use your interrupts. He has a lot of casts. Use your interrupts in a way like this. Force kick, stasis, kick, push, kick, Awe, kick. It is also important to use your force leap as an interrupt if you have no other interrupts.
-Watch for his Force Blast (I believe that is the name) and interrupt it at all costs. This is the ability that he one-shots you with. He will only use it when he is below half health. If you cannot interrupt it for some reason, then hide behind a pillar or something so that he cannot hit you.
-Once the emperor is dead, kill the clones with your basic attack. They are one hit kills with the basic strike. You must PHYSICALLY hit them to kill them. Force sweep will not kill them, so just use you basic attack.

If you follow this, he should be a rather easy fight. I personally beat him with no gear on T7-01 (except for what I had gotten back on Coruscant) and on my first try. I have heard that it is easier to kill him as a dps (I personally did it as Vigilence) so that may help you as well. Other than that good luck with him. If you follow this he should go down pretty easy. If you still have more problems feel free to ask.

Caminari
11.26.2012 , 06:00 PM | #3
Easy as Defense, too.
The extra interrupt came in handy with the Force Blast spam.
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬°¯°█|██████████████████████████████)

jamoup
11.27.2012 , 01:31 PM | #4
plus, make sure your droid is geared up.

thasensei
11.27.2012 , 02:00 PM | #5
Just to add to this, because nobody really explained interrupts to me (and this is my first MMO)...watch for that Blast ability on the cast bar that shows up above your opponent's status bar. Not trying to be insulting, just some MMO rookies like me don't even know that such a thing exists!

Yes, I spent levels 1-49 trying to interrupt purely on animation queues. Good times.

Gidrea
12.07.2012 , 11:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by thasensei View Post
Just to add to this, because nobody really explained interrupts to me (and this is my first MMO)...watch for that Blast ability on the cast bar that shows up above your opponent's status bar. Not trying to be insulting, just some MMO rookies like me don't even know that such a thing exists!

Yes, I spent levels 1-49 trying to interrupt purely on animation queues. Good times.
Been there. Guildies trying to help me kept telling me to interrupt mobs "when he casts". Imagine my chagrin when the Interface Editor came out and I discovered "target cast bar."
Gidrea / Kätastrophee / Stärry / Randava / Lexä / Buttërcup / Fraidy Cat - Satele Shan
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

stuffystuffs
12.10.2012 , 11:18 AM | #7
I just force pushed him and he died instantly.

Is it a bug?

Does my Guardian have the strongest force push in the history of forever? This is what I like to think...

ConradLionhart
12.11.2012 , 01:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I just force pushed him and he died instantly.

Is it a bug?

Does my Guardian have the strongest force push in the history of forever? This is what I like to think...
Spoiler

NickSeiler
12.30.2012 , 08:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CellPerfect View Post
The emperor isn't too hard a fight, but if you fail to interrupt him he's almost impossible to beat. A few tips for beating him are this:

-Stay on the Emperor. He has many clones that are just distractions. Ignore them. Focus down the emperor first.
-Use your interrupts. He has a lot of casts. Use your interrupts in a way like this. Force kick, stasis, kick, push, kick, Awe, kick. It is also important to use your force leap as an interrupt if you have no other interrupts.
-Watch for his Force Blast (I believe that is the name) and interrupt it at all costs. This is the ability that he one-shots you with. He will only use it when he is below half health. If you cannot interrupt it for some reason, then hide behind a pillar or something so that he cannot hit you.
-Once the emperor is dead, kill the clones with your basic attack. They are one hit kills with the basic strike. You must PHYSICALLY hit them to kill them. Force sweep will not kill them, so just use you basic attack.

If you follow this, he should be a rather easy fight. I personally beat him with no gear on T7-01 (except for what I had gotten back on Coruscant) and on my first try. I have heard that it is easier to kill him as a dps (I personally did it as Vigilence) so that may help you as well. Other than that good luck with him. If you follow this he should go down pretty easy. If you still have more problems feel free to ask.
Great advice. I think we're sometimes as MMO players trained into breaking off the boss and burning down the adds, but in this case, it's a formula for a one shot death. Stay on the Emperor, interrupt his inductions, and if you're able to do that, the fight isn't bad at all. I completed it on my second attempt (missed an interrupt the first time) with a Hybrid spec without much trouble.

DLBoyd
02.04.2013 , 04:20 PM | #10
Just before you reach the Emperor, there is a puzzle in center of the temple that will give you gear for T7 for this fight.