Firebrand and Stormcaller major bugs

Our guild has been running into some seriously ridiculous bugs with these bosses. Below are a list of the ones we'e encountered, most of which have been reported since as early as PTS, still with no fix.

*Stormcaller drops lightning spears on melee during initial phase, even when there is a ranged close to the tank and further away

*Defensive system shell doesn't spawn

*Invisible lightning spears (no indication of it dropping either, you just start taking damage)

*Lightning spears drop INSIDE the defensive system on stormcaller's side, even when the tank is right outside dropping them like normal. (basically the lightning spear mechanics of both phases are active at the same time).

That last one was happening to us repeatedly last night and we had to call the raid. Every attempt, the defensive system would just fill up with lightning spears even WHILE i'm dropping spears outside of the defensive system (i'm the tank). We've killed them several times, are executing the strat flawlessly and are dying to stupid bugs that cause an instant wipe.

This is seriously getting ridiculous -.-

Edited by Samwiseee

Our guild has been running into some seriously ridiculous bugs with these bosses. Below are a list of the ones we'e encountered, most of which have been reported since as early as PTS, still with no fix.

*Stormcaller drops lightning spears on melee during initial phase, even when there is a ranged close to the tank and further away

*Invisible lightning spears (no indication of it dropping either, you just start taking damage)

*Lightning spears drop INSIDE the defensive system on stormcaller's side, even when the tank is right outside dropping them like normal. (basically the lightning spear mechanics of both phases are active at the same time).

That last one was happening to us repeatedly last night and we had to call the raid. Every attempt, the defensive system would just fill up with lightning spears even WHILE i'm dropping spears outside of the defensive system (i'm the tank). We've killed them several times, are executing the strat flawlessly and are dying to stupid bugs that cause an instant wipe.

Not sure what your raid comp is but you should run it with only one ranged on firebrand standing on the ground (prefferably someone with a cure..mercs are great for this). Everyone else on both sides should be in melee range of the tanks. This should prevent the spike from being dropped on the melee. The only time you MIGHT get a spike on melee here would be during a tank swap. Seen it happen once. Group just had to shift over slightly.

Invisible spikes usually only happen at the beginning of the fight if you just zoned into the area after a wipe for example. Ground effects dont load immediately. This isnt the only fight in the game with this issue. Whoever is on the ground just needs to know when the spikes come. (After the first missle thing firebrand does right after you engage the fight). After the first one drops the rest should be visible.

By defense system shell I take it you mean the sniper bubble? I have never seen this bug before. Not sure what you could do about that if it kept happening other than resetting the instance. Also if your bringing anyone new make sure they know not to AoE at all.

I cant comment on the spikes the tank drops during the barrage phases since ive never had to do that. I think it goes by agro though so if the tank dies the spikes shift to someone else.

the lightning spikes dropping inside the shield on stormcaller's side happened to us during the first couple of pulls on these guys, I was the tank running outside

At the time I thought it could be two things: either one of the melee had more aggro on the boss than me right before the defensive phase OR it was because I was actually running too far from the boss (the first couple of pulls I was running straight to the entrance door to make a nice long lap, but I think I outranged the spikes this way and that's why he dropped them on my group in the bubble?)

I haven't really verified any of this so could be wrong but I'm guessing it's one of those two - either way I stopped running far away and I made sure to keep aggro at all times after that so didn't happen again

Edited by Koganei

First issue, we've never had a problem with except when we don't have at least 2 ranged out picking up the lightning spires. With just one ranged out, the spires do land on members (and even the player tank). So be sure you have at least two ranged out on 16-man. (Not sure about the mechanics in 8-man, but we did 8-man hard mode a while ago and had no issues with this mechanic.)

Never had an issue with the shells not spawning. They will die almost immediately if everyone runs under the same one. On 16-man, you cannot have more than 4 people under a single shell or it will break early. So if 8 people run to the same shell, it'd probably die in two hits. Only issues we've ever had with the shields are people dps'ing the pillar, proc trinkets proc'ing on the pillar, or too many people being under one shield. Once we cleared all that up, the fight became tremendously easy (yet still the toughest fight of this entire tier).

Invisible lightning spears do happen and it usually tends to be the first one that's dropped that we have this issue with. This definitely needs to be fixed.

As far as the lightning spires that spawn inside defensive system shells, make sure the tank is the last one out during defensive systems, and should probably have him taunt on his way out then throw up a ranged attack once he is out. Doing that fixed all issues we had with lightning spires landing in the shields (on 16m HM). When it happens, it is most likely an aggro pull by a high damage melee class who stayed in longer than the tank did.

Edited by Semitote

I don't know about the other reported bugs from OP but my guild has been having the Lightning spear in the shield issue constantly. We have taken it down to 20% before on our very first night in the raid, but recently since the most recent patch last week, he just wont stop throwing the lightning spears on our DPS who are inside the shield, our tank who's supposed to be kiting them around made sure he was the last to get off the it when defensive measure was being cast and he continues to taunt it during that phase.

For about 2hrs its been doing the same thing now, we've tried changing personal, using different classes on Storm-w/e, it just seems to not working properly since the most recent patch.

::Edit:: All the attempts on HM 8 man

Edited by JFTremb

There is a caster inside the shield bubble that drops that lightning shield on the melee group if the aggro is too much on the melee. This can be avoided with threat drops or interrupts. We choose the latter as to guarantee safety. 3 one shots later, we know it works.

I don't know about the other reported bugs from OP but my guild has been having the Lightning spear in the shield issue constantly. We have taken it down to 20% before on our very first night in the raid, but recently since the most recent patch last week, he just wont stop throwing the lightning spears on our DPS who are inside the shield, our tank who's supposed to be kiting them around made sure he was the last to get off the it when defensive measure was being cast and he continues to taunt it during that phase.

For about 2hrs its been doing the same thing now, we've tried changing personal, using different classes on Storm-w/e, it just seems to not working properly since the most recent patch.

::Edit:: All the attempts on HM 8 man

This was wiping us a lot. Everything is fine, the run is going perfect, doing everything right, the tank swaps are clean, no one pulls aggro, then bam, lightning spears inside the defense system on stormcaller, WHILE the tank is still kiting spears around.

It just randomly stopped happening for us from time to time. We didn't change anything and just had to hope that random spears didnt wipe the group inside stormcaller's defensive system.

Edited by Samwiseee

This was wiping us a lot. Everything is fine, the run is going perfect, doing everything right, the tank swaps are clean, no one pulls aggro, then bam, lightning spears inside the defense system on stormcaller, WHILE the tank is still kiting spears around.

It just randomly stopped happening for us from time to time. We didn't change anything and just had to hope that random spears didnt wipe the group inside stormcaller's defensive system.

Read my post. Watch for it on your next run. :)