"Lazy Listing" on auction:

FadeXF

"Lazy Lister" - someone who goes by the pricing that the auction interface defaults to instead of looking at the current market pricing when listing their items on the auction house.

Dear Lazy Lister: first I want to thank you. You make my pocket book extremely fat. For whatever reasons you have... maybe you feel you are helping out a new person... or maybe you genuinely are just that lazy to bother to check or calculate.... whatever the reasons: you are making me rich. I will always buy you out because I know I can turn around, and within 30 minutes sell what you gave me at over 200 sometimes 500% profits. If it was an altruistic "I am trying to help a new person" you didn't. You put your credits into my bank pocket and you didn't help anyone but greedy ol' me. :D

Secondly: when I am through making my millions... my goal being around 100mil sitting on my banker after my alts hit max level... I will be leaving the market and unless someone else carefully babysits and culls the markets, you will ultimately be killing your server's economy and hurting everyone in your community. You don't help anyone.

Realize this: if you list your item for 1 credit per mat lower... it will sell.... it will sell just as fast as it would if you list it for your ridiculously low lazy list of 40 cred per mat. When the next highest is 200->500 cred per mat, you are seriously missing out on good credit by lazy listing.

Dear Bioware: why? Why did you include a default... and one that has zero rhyme or reason to what is currently happening on the market? I could understand if this number fluctuated and changed based on the average last 20 items sold... but it doesn't. it stays constantly painfully... stupidly low. Can you either a) REMOVE a default number as a price list or b) have it AVERAGE the last 20-40 items sold of a certain item... make the number more MEANINGFUL?

Thanks all around.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not always laziness. It's usually not a difference of values. You value the optimum profit from an item, they value giving the item to somebody who needs it while still making enough of a profit to make it worthwhile.

You can pretend to feel superior to them, as if they are making a HUUUUGE mistake or something, but money just isn't important enough in this game to matter enough.

Maybe they should add the other features missing from the GTN first?

Being able to search for a particular item?

The feature for searching equipiment specifically for each companion actually work?

Search for equipment by stats?

There are more important things to fix than worrying about "Lazy Listing"

I am a lazy lister. I just don't give a damn & don't have the patience to search through every item listed in that level bracket. I'm selling a belt, do I really want to be checking the prices on robes, pants, gloves, etc?

A fair argument can be made that it's more efficient to just use default pricing than deal with market research through SWTOR's horrible auction house interface.

A thousand times this. I junk more things than I sell on the AH because I just plain don't want to mess with it. So I'm an alutral lazy lister I guess because I just don't give a **** about the AH.

So, you make a profit by playing the AH, and these "Lazy Listers" make the money they expected to make from their item.

Win Win

"

Secondly: when I am through making my millions... my goal being around 100mil sitting on my banker after my alts hit max level... I will be leaving the market and unless someone else carefully babysits and culls the markets, you will ultimately be killing your server's economy and hurting everyone in your community. You don't help anyone.

"

I've already come across certain materials and "saved" the markets... Tier4 materials that someone was neglecting to "buy low, sell high" that the pricing dropped to a staggering 34/mat... not lying... not exaggerating. I bought it all out. I dropped 100k on it basically... and in the last couple of weeks, the price for that item is now a more healthy 300-500 per item. No one was culling/working that product but me. I still have 1 stack left to sell of that product... but I've already sold about 5 stacks or so.

I'm just saying this: IF no one culls the markets, then your theory that everyone wins is incorrect. The market value will default to Bioware's default and go DOWN from that point. If the market value is set at 500-1k per mat and goes DOWN from there, the items STILL SELL... and the items value NEVER reaches Bioware's ridiculous default setting.

"Lazy Lister" - someone who goes by the pricing that the auction interface defaults to instead of looking at the current market pricing when listing their items on the auction house.

Dear Lazy Lister: first I want to thank you. You make my pocket book extremely fat. For whatever reasons you have... maybe you feel you are helping out a new person... or maybe you genuinely are just that lazy to bother to check or calculate.... whatever the reasons: you are making me rich. I will always buy you out because I know I can turn around, and within 30 minutes sell what you gave me at over 200 sometimes 500% profits. If it was an altruistic "I am trying to help a new person" you didn't. You put your credits into my bank pocket and you didn't help anyone but greedy ol' me. :D

Realize this: if you list your item for 1 credit per mat lower... it will sell.... it will sell just as fast as it would if you list it for your ridiculously low lazy list of 40 cred per mat. When the next highest is 200->500 cred per mat, you are seriously missing out on good credit by lazy listing.

Dear Bioware: why? Why did you include a default... and one that has zero rhyme or reason to what is currently happening on the market? I could understand if this number fluctuated and changed based on the average last 20 items sold... but it doesn't. it stays constantly painfully... stupidly low. Can you either a) REMOVE a default number as a price list or b) have it AVERAGE the last 20-40 items sold of a certain item... make the number more MEANINGFUL?

Thanks all around.

Why do you care? If you're making so much money and having so much fun babysitting the market, why do you care if people lazy list?

Thanks all around.

/facepalm

Last thing a good seller does his reveal others mistakes! Hope no one on my server saw your post!

Things I've learned about the SWTOR economy from the forums:

Everything is too expensive and impossible to afford.

There is nothing to spend credits on.

You cannot make a profit on the GTN.

Crafting is useless and not profitable.

Things I've learned about the SWTOR economy in game:

All of the above are wrong.

Thanks all around.

So with your untold millions what will you buy? There is nothing worthwhile to buy at cap that has any value. You can make over a million a week by playing the game and running a few dailies and operations. They just stack up after awhile. I vendor everything but for purples the credits are so worthless.

Someone is slightly self-important here...:rolleyes:

I do both...default price and research market price.

What you may not be grasping even though you elude to it is that money is insanely easy to get in this game.

If I want to simply clear my inventory and make a profit for the least effort....default price.

If I think I have a valuable product that I can make even more on...random huge price.

If I really want to sell something and get the "market value", I do research.

I personally could not care less who buys my items and what they do with them afterwards.

It will not kill anything.

A fair argument can be made that it's more efficient to just use default pricing than deal with market research through SWTOR's horrible auction house interface.

Basically this. I remember painstakingly checking the linen prices or whatever in That Other MMO, carefully deciding my prices and cursing at the random person who would come by and undercut everyone by a ridiculous percentage. So I do get your attitude, OP.

However, in swtor, I just can't be bothered to fight with the GTN interface enough to see the going price of the mats or ship parts I'm selling. So, I don't, and I'm never so poor in the first place that I feel like I'm losing a whole lot. When I'm down on credits, I PVP a few matches.

Lol, I love how people try and dictate to others what they should or should NOT sell an item that they own for.

Hey guess what, if I own it and I want to sell it, I can TRY and sell it for any amount I dang well please. Wanna know why? Because it's mine. It doesn't belong to you and therefore you do not ever get to dictate to me what I can and can not sell my item for.

It's like the guy who owns a 200k Ferrari and decides to sell it. Well the market says that that 200k car is worth 150k, but he needs the money today so he lists his care for 100k. ZOMG I hate you car seller for hurting the market.

Free market.. don't like it? Go make your own game and force people to buy and sell how you want them to.

Dear guy who is excited about making lots of imaginary money, I'm having fun playing a game.

<and the other guy who posted before you in a similar fashion>

Dear guys assuming I spend more than about 10 mins in the morning and 10 mins at night on my auction toon and think this is the only outlet of fun I have with this game... you're wrong. And you are just pissed off that I caught you and called you out on being a lazy lister. Truth hurts sometimes. ;)

I am the laziest of the lazy as I find no entertainment on the GTN. If dropping those auctions on default gets me back out adventuring even 2 minutes quicker, it is worth it.

I generally see about 1 in 5 auctions complete successfully. The rest go to the vendor.

What I can't figure out is why people spend so much time playing the GTN for credits in a game.

This. For crafted items I'll try to do some research but it's frequently too much of a hassle.

As long as I make some money I'm fine.

But I'll level up an alt and make it myself before I pay some profiteer's markup.

<and the other guy who posted before you in a similar fashion>

Dear guys assuming I spend more than about 10 mins in the morning and 10 mins at night on my auction toon and think this is the only outlet of fun I have with this game... you're wrong. And you are just pissed off that I caught you and called you out on being a lazy lister. Truth hurts sometimes. ;)

Now who is making unfounded assumptions?