Collections: Revan's Mask should be stand-alone

I agree and support as well!

Suggestion: Maybe since this is the only real set with this issue just make the masks account wide? At least that would provide a partial fix in the meantime.

Provided its like many other MMO's one would think it could be as simple yet time consuming as the devs changing the masks item code and re-adding it to the cartel market as a totally different item. Which would probably cause issues with the existing masks. Which in turn would mean they would either need to be replaced or changed as well. Which would require a fair amount of time and effort. Which is probably at least partially why its not really been addressed yet if ever. Of course that's completely speculation on my part and without any real information it's hard to say.

Either way, hopefully at some point down the line it will be a separate collection like the other masks currently are. Lets try to keep this thread going in the hope that we will all at least get a response at some point.

Edited by -GateKeeper-

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the entire set bound and equipped on the same character, but it did not unlock for the Collection.

if you ONLY have the cartel certificate mask then that'd be why. it's item code is separate, ergo it doesn't count. you need the version of the mask that drops from the cartel pack. which is gone now so well... gtn if there are any left on your server. I need the sash and gloves. and there's 1 more sash (or was it the gloves....) on my server. none left of the other.... I want the shipment one cartel packs to come back... -_-

(edit) whoops that was already answered wasn't it...

Edited by Revan_Uchiha

I disagree, every armor in collections requires every piece if there is one, Revan's shouldn't be an exception.

If you haven't played long enough to be around when the sash and gloves were in a pack, then its just too bad. They are embargoed so the packs will eventually come back.

Guys. You can buy the bloody mask from the reputation vendor. There is your direct item. and it counts to your collections unlock.

They already said no, because making individual locks for sets(which are a set) meaning. "Oh, cassus fet set, legacy unlock the helmet for 80 coins!) to do that for every single set in the collections interface would obscenely bloat it to high hell. They said no before. because it would be too much code, that is why they were categorized into sets.

Hey, guys, let me give a little background on this decision and how it came to be.

During development of the Collections system, a couple of problems became apparent in terms of how things are architected on the back end of SWTOR. The short form is that making all items in a collection separate items had a lot of nasty side effects. It increased the amount of data storage per character considerably, it increased login times to handle versioning up your character, and it also quintupled the number of things in the collections GUI, making that GUI an unreadable mess. The team working on this feature looked at these problems and decided that the best possible solution to these issues was to consolidate these items into sets.

So, yeah, that's on the design team. I swear, not because we're evil jerk designers, we just kinda failed to fully realize how the feature would end up playing out . We now have a better grasp of the ramifications of this decision, and we're aware of the unhappiness it caused.

We're also aware that using Revan's Mask as an example was a pretty poor call on our part.

We're in the process of evaluating other options that would allow us to give players the functionality that they want, while at the same time address the very real technical and GUI concerns that we faced with our initial architecture of the system. Unfortunately, no option that we come up with is likely to be doable very quickly -- on top of solving the technical problems, we also need to now deal with ensuring anyone who purchases the collected items with the current system end up being correctly credited if we convert something over. As such, I have no ETA for when we will address this.

Edited by Magnusheart

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the new generation of MMO players.

"I cant be bothered to earn money in game to pay for the full set, so you should change the game to make sure I can get what I want"

"I wasnt here to play the game when the set came out, i missed my chance, give me another chance, give me everything"

"I only have the mask and i want to unlock it on all my characters, but i dont have the other pieces, cater to me bioware so i can only have the mask"

This thread is full of whiny 14 year olds who are jealous that they don't have the full set. Its rare to see someone walk about in a full revans set, and it should be kept that way.

I wouldnt be surprised if you brats start asking for other parts of set pieces to be standalone

"wahh i dont have enough money waah"

/thread.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, calling others whiny while you're being whiny yourself is something worth to be congratulated for, so congratulations. People were stating their opinions and BW already explained the case is not possible, so your little bragging about it is nothing useful either.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I agree. Revan's Mask goes for 6 million on Jung Ma, and any of his armor other than his chest piece are never for sale. Revan's mask is an awesome piece, but it's impossible to get the full set until they release the packs again on the cartel market.

Really? Cause All the other goods from the cartel market reputation vendor don't add to collections. I bought the domin throne and it did not add. tested it again with the mask of nihilius, the reputation one did not add to collections. They are separate items. Revan's Mask and the Nihilius one are not the same as the pack ones, these ones even have dye slots.

The rep items are actually bugged. I remember I bought the Trophy Hunter's Mask from the rep vendor and I had to wait for prices on the GTN for it to dwindle until I could buy it from there since the rep version wouldn't add to collections.

Bugged rep vendors are bugged.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I disagree. I want the mask as much as anyone. I've already got his lower robes and his torso piece, however they are NOT bound to my account. One freature I completely hate with a passion, and wished they'd change that. I do however want the set to show up in the Cartel Market far more often so I can get his full set added to my account. So I no longer have to chase bits of it down on the GTN. I'm tired of having to try to sell all my items and work up the 65-80M credits needed to JUST buy the mask itself.