Matrix shards and you.

So I don't see much talk about these anymore. Since relics have improved over the last few years, it seems that these shards have been pushed to the side. However, they remain in our inventorys.

I'm sure this has been suggested in the past in one form or another, but perhaps it's time to dust them off and explore the options.

I think a long difficult quest, maybe in the same fashion as the HK quest, should be implemented. A quest that enables you to join these shards together into a new type of relic of your choosing. I'm a fan of these type quest obviously. :)

Another option is to perhaps turn them into some sort of stat jewels that can be inserted, again using a quest line to do so.

I know there are better imaginations than mine out there so I'd like to hear them. What should our old matrix shards become.

I collected them on various datacron hunts and did not get them all on the same character. Because they are bound to the mission inventory and can't be given to my other toons to make sets of three, they are basically useless.

This is more for the Suggestions forum, but as long as Devs see it....

Yeah when I first got these I had to decide what relic to make since it really did impact your atributes and it was really beneficial to collect these. An update on them would be nice.

I like this idea. Some kind of update would be nice to make them feel significant again, maybe not even related to combat performance, but just something cosmetic. Exchange them for decorations? A weapon or armor set? Maybe turn them in for a mission that recruits a new Rakatan companion? Lots of creative possibilities.

I collected them on various datacron hunts and did not get them all on the same character. Because they are bound to the mission inventory and can't be given to my other toons to make sets of three, they are basically useless.

The Matrix Shard datacrons are still per-character, so each character can gather all of them.