Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CM dyes on the GTN and is it time Bioware lowered the CM price?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
CM dyes on the GTN and is it time Bioware lowered the CM price?

TrixxieTriss
05.06.2019 , 08:27 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by tummiswtor View Post
Dye system should be completly reworked if You ask me... It's sad I need for example primary brown dye only, but there's only pale brown, dark brown + something, light brown + something etc. So many times i need dye that comes only with primary or secondary another color. Its a good bussines for them, to sell every dye for CC.
I think all secondary and primary dyes should be crafted. Please dont ask them to put more on the CM.

kodrac
05.06.2019 , 12:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
And how many more would you buy if they were cheaper?
Moar.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

Damask_Rose
05.06.2019 , 05:26 PM | #13
I enjoy opening hypercrates. I sell off duplicate dyes and I find they sell much faster than armor, weapons or even decorations. Even the ones that cost millions! I'm rather cheap myself though. I keep holding onto the nicer ones, afraid that if I use one I'll think of a better use later. So they sit in my storage, just in case. And I can't bring myself to spend more than 50k on the gtn, so the pickings are slim

Nefram
05.06.2019 , 07:23 PM | #14
Meh, I just use red/black black/red crafted dyes. Some outfits only recognize half of the dye so it’s basically black/black dye for free.

MadDutchman
05.06.2019 , 07:31 PM | #15
I'm a big user of the crafted black dyes.

Every one an awhile I'll go for a black/black off the CM (yay for referral link CC), but for the most part, the cheap crafted ones are plenty good.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

TrixxieTriss
05.06.2019 , 08:17 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Moar.
My point exactly. I think people would see the lower price and actually buy more than the 700cc a lot of them are at the moment. When you see a lower a price, you often buy more of something than you probably should.
I know when I’m shopping and I see a good price on shoes, I’ll buy two pairs, even if it was over my original budget.
This is how Bioware could be getting people to spend more CCs and hence, make more money from the CM dyes.

TrixxieTriss
05.06.2019 , 08:42 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefram View Post
Meh, I just use red/black black/red crafted dyes. Some outfits only recognize half of the dye so it’s basically black/black dye for free.
So true. It’s why they are the most highly demanded crafted dyes. It always amazes me the people who drive the price down on these because they sell so fast, even at 100,000. I mostly list mine for 78,000 and if people don’t drive the price below 65,000, I can sell about 30-50 in a 24 hour period at 78,000 because the lower priced dyes sell out so quickly.

But recently, there have been some really dumb people on SF who drive red black down to 40,000 and list 2-3 pages and then have price wars at that price. They list so many and replace them so often, that I seriously doubt they can keep up with collecting the mats by themselves. I even think one or two of them maybe bots.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for people making credits and having a free market with price completion, but crafted dyes being sold below cost or CM dyes selling for 5mil is ridiculous.
There needs to be some balance and I think Bioware can at least address the CM dye situation by lowering the cost the sell them for

JattaGin
05.07.2019 , 01:12 AM | #18
Maybe it’s time Bioware reduced the cost of these to bring down the price in the game. It’s not like it’s an item you can put in your collection and use. It can only be used once.
How likely is it that BW lowers their real life money income on purpose, just so that the players can save some virtual ingame currency? My guess is: -12 on a scale from 1 to 10. I would even say, if at all, they will raise the CM prices for dyes. After all, people keep buying those shinies anyway. So why lower the prices?

I’d love to know how credits are so easily obtainable for some people that they can regularly spend 10mil on a dye you can only use once.
I wish they came that easy for me.
I believe the standard answer on this board has been since 5.0: run heroics.

The only way I ever made a lot of credits is through cartel market investments. My opinion is that many players with a lot of credits have done the real life money 2 credits transition. It's by far the easiest, simplest and fastest way of acquiring credits.

If you don't actually want to invest money, then you have to be a bit more patient and wait for your monthly CC grant to come. Then invest it smartly and you get credits. Or gather friend referral CCs. That is the non-plus-ultra way of making ingame-credits: free CC 2 ingame credits transition.

Then again, some players are really good grinders and have a lot of free time. I don't mean this disrespectful. If you ask how to get credits, you are most likely a player without a lot of time in your life to spend on gaming. Probably with a job. Or family. Or both.

When I have 2000 CC, I buy the masters datacron and sell it on the GTN. That's some guaranteed 30-35m net income. With a little bit of time for the GTN game, I double this within a few days.

If I really need some extra credits, I craft some fast-selling items. When I was still properly crafting maybe 2 years ago or so, I easily made 3-5m every day. But it was soooo boring.

I found a secondary (?) black dye in one of my char's cargo holds some time ago. What a surprise. Put it on the GTN for a - so I thought - ridiculously high price (8 digits number). Sold within 2 minutes.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Visorknight
05.07.2019 , 08:16 AM | #19
I would agree that making credits these days is not hard. There are many ways to do that such as heroics, crafting, dailies area, selling CM items etc on gtn. For dyes, it is a market that newbie crafters like to enter as it have a low mat cost. Green and blue mats is really easy to come by farming or doing crafting missions. Also, dyes take up space after crafting, it will make sense for crafters to tend to dump them cheap so that they sell and not get stuck with inventory. I will suggest if dyes can stack in bank inventory, it will make it easier to store them. This will lower the incentive for crafters to dump dyes cheaply in the market.

TrixxieTriss
05.07.2019 , 09:09 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
How likely is it that BW lowers their real life money income on purpose, just so that the players can save some virtual ingame currency? My guess is: -12 on a scale from 1 to 10. I would even say, if at all, they will raise the CM prices for dyes. After all, people keep buying those shinies anyway. So why lower the prices?

I believe the standard answer on this board has been since 5.0: run heroics.

The only way I ever made a lot of credits is through cartel market investments. My opinion is that many players with a lot of credits have done the real life money 2 credits transition. It's by far the easiest, simplest and fastest way of acquiring credits.

If you don't actually want to invest money, then you have to be a bit more patient and wait for your monthly CC grant to come. Then invest it smartly and you get credits. Or gather friend referral CCs. That is the non-plus-ultra way of making ingame-credits: free CC 2 ingame credits transition.

Then again, some players are really good grinders and have a lot of free time. I don't mean this disrespectful. If you ask how to get credits, you are most likely a player without a lot of time in your life to spend on gaming. Probably with a job. Or family. Or both.

When I have 2000 CC, I buy the masters datacron and sell it on the GTN. That's some guaranteed 30-35m net income. With a little bit of time for the GTN game, I double this within a few days.

If I really need some extra credits, I craft some fast-selling items. When I was still properly crafting maybe 2 years ago or so, I easily made 3-5m every day. But it was soooo boring.

I found a secondary (?) black dye in one of my char's cargo holds some time ago. What a surprise. Put it on the GTN for a - so I thought - ridiculously high price (8 digits number). Sold within 2 minutes.
I’ve got 250mil in credits. But I worked damn hard to get them.

My question was a rhetorical response to being told credits are “easy” to come by. Which they aren’t unless you spend real money to buy CM items to convert to cash.
All my credits were from crafting, farming, playing the market and grinding content. None of it was given to me and none of it “easily” fell into my lap.

If Bioware lowered the price on CM dyes, they would most likely sell more of them and make more money because micro transactions often get people to pay more over time, than one big transaction.

I’d be more likely to spend 1000cc more often if I could get 10 dyes for that price. But I’m not going to pay 700CCs for 1 dye I can only use once and it might look crap anyway.

The same goes with all items on the CM. I would buy more and then pay to open things in the collections if they were cheaper. But because they aren’t, I just buy on the GTN and only use my CCs to open stuff. I’m certainly not going to pay $40 for a virtual Lightsabre.