Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CM dyes on the GTN and is it time Bioware lowered the CM price?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
CM dyes on the GTN and is it time Bioware lowered the CM price?

TrixxieTriss
05.05.2019 , 11:06 PM | #1
Honest question.

Who actually buys these CM dyes that are listed above 500,000 credits on the GTN?
And more to the point, who actually buys the ones over 5 mil?

It makes me wonder how many of these dyes do Bioware actually sell on the CM for 500-700 CC as well as how many do these resellers actually sell?

Maybe it’s time Bioware reduced the cost of these to bring down the price in the game. It’s not like it’s an item you can put in your collection and use. It can only be used once.

If they won’t add them as part of the collections, then I propose they reduce the cost on the CM to between 50-100 CC. (Preferably 50).

This wouldn’t ruin the crafting market and it would reduce the cost of CM dyes on the GTN. And the big PLUS for Bioware is they will probably sell a hell of a lot more and make more money.

What do you guys think?

QuinlanSaathis
05.06.2019 , 01:57 AM | #2
I brought one last night for 8m
I needed it and it was the only way to get it.

Although I completely agree with you, something as simple as a dye to make your character look good should be easily and cheaply obtainable.

MorseGod
05.06.2019 , 02:31 AM | #3
I've never purchased the dyes as standalone items. The only ones I've gotten were from opening packs / crates. I wonder how many people directly purchase dyes on the Cartel Market given the exorbitant cost and the one-time use.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

QuinlanSaathis
05.06.2019 , 03:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
I've never purchased the dyes as standalone items. The only ones I've gotten were from opening packs / crates. I wonder how many people directly purchase dyes on the Cartel Market given the exorbitant cost and the one-time use.
I would say a lot.
It is the only reliable source of dyes

HiltoftheDragon
05.06.2019 , 04:59 AM | #5
I've bought a lot of black/black dyes from the gtn. It's no surprise that I paid a pretty penny for them.

I really see no issues here. I don't buy dyes from the cm....I make creds and purchase what I want from the gtn....creds come pretty easy nowadays.
The Solari Legacy
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

RikuvonDrake
05.06.2019 , 05:15 AM | #6
I buy quite a few, black/black and the orange/purple variants are some of my favourites, with how easy credits are to gain even 10 million isn't that high of a cost for an outfit., sure for some maybe the number sounds intimidating but credit gearing is a lot easier now than before.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

kodrac
05.06.2019 , 07:06 AM | #7
I never buy dyes off the GTN. Yay for CC grants.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

tummiswtor
05.06.2019 , 07:20 AM | #8
Dye system should be completly reworked if You ask me... It's sad I need for example primary brown dye only, but there's only pale brown, dark brown + something, light brown + something etc. So many times i need dye that comes only with primary or secondary another color. Its a good bussines for them, to sell every dye for CC.

Feel free to use my Referral Friend link! New Subscriber get +7 days of sub!

http://www.swtor.com/r/KFtMTM

TrixxieTriss
05.06.2019 , 08:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I buy quite a few, black/black and the orange/purple variants are some of my favourites, with how easy credits are to gain even 10 million isn't that high of a cost for an outfit., sure for some maybe the number sounds intimidating but credit gearing is a lot easier now than before.
I’d love to know how credits are so easily obtainable for some people that they can regularly spend 10mil on a dye you can only use once.
I wish they came that easy for me.

TrixxieTriss
05.06.2019 , 08:25 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I never buy dyes off the GTN. Yay for CC grants.
And how many more would you buy if they were cheaper?