Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group finder..?

denavin
05.05.2019 , 03:47 PM | #11
Another thing to consider is that your in a PUG, which commonly stands for Pick Up Group.

But PUG has other meanings.
PUG = Particularly Useless Group
PUG = Practically Unskilled Group
PUG = Potentially Under-powered Group
PUG = Prosperously Under Geared

I'm sure you can come up with many others...
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Deinbeck
05.05.2019 , 09:18 PM | #12
Guys, I get that you've been playing with it that way for a while, and I respect that you guys are ok with it.
From my point of view it is a band-aid fix for an obvious problem that has been an issue since group finders became a thing.

There has to be a more elegant way to do this that doesn't involve breaking the group finder and putting hp clickies at each boss. 30 min queues would be a pain, I get that. FF14 for instance has 15-20 min queues for DPS, but at the same time their system allows you to do all of the content in the manner it was designed to be done in.

I do quite like this game, and it bothers me greatly that their solution to long queues is so poor. It really detracts from the experience.

casirabit
05.05.2019 , 09:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Deinbeck View Post
Guys, I get that you've been playing with it that way for a while, and I respect that you guys are ok with it.
From my point of view it is a band-aid fix for an obvious problem that has been an issue since group finders became a thing.

There has to be a more elegant way to do this that doesn't involve breaking the group finder and putting hp clickies at each boss. 30 min queues would be a pain, I get that. FF14 for instance has 15-20 min queues for DPS, but at the same time their system allows you to do all of the content in the manner it was designed to be done in.

I do quite like this game, and it bothers me greatly that their solution to long queues is so poor. It really detracts from the experience.
There is another solution if PUGS are not your thing (they aren't mine) is to (1) put a group together yourself or join a guild that will have the group you want for flashpoints (that's what I do when I do FP and that isn't because of the trinity--just other reasons I don't like PUGS) .
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

annabethchase
05.05.2019 , 09:30 PM | #14

These particular flashpoints are now designed to be done by any combination of players. They aren't intended to be incredibly easy though so realize you may actually have to strategize to beat the bosses.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Phazonfreak
05.06.2019 , 06:04 AM | #15
The only solution I possibly see besides finding a group the old fashioned way without using the group finder is getting the option to check a box to either queue for role neutral or designated role groups when it comes to veteran mode. Though I believe that separating the queue lines has a high risk of canibalizing them in the process and the potential to increase the wait time across the board, which would in turn lead to even more frustration. This is the inherent problem of any mmorpg that has not 9 million active subscribers.

juliushorst
05.06.2019 , 07:30 AM | #16
Well, here is the deal:
- Most people prefer playing DPS classes, because it's easier \ faster \ more fun for solo content.
- Most veteran flashpoints (excluding Umbara, Copero and Nathema) can be easily done by two people or soloed.
- Thanks to veteran flashpoints being a thing you rarely wait for a pop for less than a few minutes (at least on Malgus) and I would be very upset if they were in any way changed or removed.

If you struggle with the content, here are a few tips:
- Decline pops where there are less than two lvl 70 players.
- Tell people you are new, they may give you some tips for bosses mechanics.
- Join a social guild and run with them in any role configuration you prefer.
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

TUXs
05.06.2019 , 08:30 AM | #17

The solution is easy. Join a guild, make friends, make your own party. You've taken the absolute laziest role into the queue and now have the gall to blame the queue for your woes. You want a better experience in GF, roll a tank.

The "trinity" is a joke. Tanks flat out SUCK to play in PvE since their nerf last year. Do your part. Rolling on your DPS and complaining is just lazy.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)