Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Has anyone received the trooper Colonel title recently?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Has anyone received the trooper Colonel title recently?

nigeldodds's Avatar


nigeldodds
04.24.2019 , 12:56 AM | #1
I see reports that distribution of this title to troopers at the end of Chapter XI is bugged.

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm receiving it recently or is it still bugged for everyone?

Drunken_Ewok's Avatar


Drunken_Ewok
04.24.2019 , 02:13 AM | #2
Got the title last night on my Vanguard after completing the chapter.

nigeldodds's Avatar


nigeldodds
04.24.2019 , 05:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Drunken_Ewok View Post
Got the title last night on my Vanguard after completing the chapter.
That's good news.

Can I ask, was your trooper a token character generated at level 60 or did you play them from level one?

And, did you choose the dialogue option that said, "I'm keeping the title"?

I'm trying to work out what triggers the title since not everyone is getting it. Thanks.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
04.24.2019 , 08:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by nigeldodds View Post
That's good news.

Can I ask, was your trooper a token character generated at level 60 or did you play them from level one?

And, did you choose the dialogue option that said, "I'm keeping the title"?

I'm trying to work out what triggers the title since not everyone is getting it. Thanks.
I have yet to see it on ANY of my troopers .... and all but one have completed everything up to and including Ossus.
Oh well ... not that big a deal.. but it would be nice if it were fixed.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

nigeldodds's Avatar


nigeldodds
04.25.2019 , 05:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
I have yet to see it on ANY of my troopers .... and all but one have completed everything up to and including Ossus.
Oh well ... not that big a deal.. but it would be nice if it were fixed.
Ok, that's disappointing.

Do you remember taking the dialogue option that said, "I'm keeping the title"?
It comes up when you're speaking with Jorgan when you first meet him in the Endless Swamp. I'm wondering if that's the trigger for the game to grant the title and it may not actually be a bug.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
04.25.2019 , 06:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by nigeldodds View Post
Ok, that's disappointing.

Do you remember taking the dialogue option that said, "I'm keeping the title"?
It comes up when you're speaking with Jorgan when you first meet him in the Endless Swamp. I'm wondering if that's the trigger for the game to grant the title and it may not actually be a bug.
To be perfectly honest I cna't say if I remember it coming up in the first place ! IMO... that really shouldn't be something we should have to do. Kinda like any other promotion. But... really it's not that big a deal !

Somewhere in there I have "Republic Diehard"... and that's the one I use from time to time anyways !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Drunken_Ewok's Avatar


Drunken_Ewok
04.25.2019 , 09:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nigeldodds View Post
That's good news.

Can I ask, was your trooper a token character generated at level 60 or did you play them from level one?

And, did you choose the dialogue option that said, "I'm keeping the title"?

I'm trying to work out what triggers the title since not everyone is getting it. Thanks.
Was a toon I levelled from scratch and I don't remember the dialogue about any title

grumpehcat's Avatar


grumpehcat
04.25.2019 , 10:27 AM | #8
I know I got the Colonel title on my first trooper I took through KOTFE Chapter IX, but that was early on, and I use the Supercommando title as it is. Second trooper, fairly certain, but also tend to use Supercommando and was also early on. Third and fourth troopers I haven't taken through KOTFE yet. At least I don't believe I've taken my third one through. I can't remember, I might've ran her simultaneously with one of my Jedi.

Now I need to go check.

grumpehcat's Avatar


grumpehcat
04.25.2019 , 10:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by grumpehcat View Post
I know I got the Colonel title on my first trooper I took through KOTFE Chapter IX, but that was early on, and I use the Supercommando title as it is. Second trooper, fairly certain, but also tend to use Supercommando and was also early on. Third and fourth troopers I haven't taken through KOTFE yet. At least I don't believe I've taken my third one through. I can't remember, I might've ran her simultaneously with one of my Jedi.

Now I need to go check.
Okay, I checked--I actually ran my third trooper through all of KOTFE and she has the Colonel title in place now. Ran her through Chapter IX within the last few months.

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
04.25.2019 , 06:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
I have yet to see it on ANY of my troopers .... and all but one have completed everything up to and including Ossus.
Oh well ... not that big a deal.. but it would be nice if it were fixed.
I never got it either for my troopers.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp