Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing ‘Onslaught’, the Newest Expansion Coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing ‘Onslaught’, the Newest Expansion Coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SiegePro
04.22.2019 , 10:28 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post
I'm wondering with the new level cap that is to be introduced is it time to say goodbye to cxp or will you have to complete the 300 levels within it before you get to tackle level 71 like an almighty speed bump on your road to leveling up?
My hunch is they retool the CXP system to sync with the new level cap. So instead of 230/236/242/248 gear it’ll become 258/262/266/270 gear. Once they got the bugs worked out by having the means to convert unwanted drops into currency to buy things you did want, the CXP system was actually reasonably solid for an endgame gearing system that allows everyone to eventually gain BiS gear by various means.

This may involve resetting all Command Ranks back to 0 though (since the new tier-1 drops will actually be better than the current tier-4 drops) and converting ICs to a new currency type to prevent instant BiS gearing (ex. shortly before Ossus came out I used a huge quantity of UCs I had banked to just buy a 248 mainhand for a fresh 70 toon... they really don’t want people to snag the new BiS gear on the first hour of the expansion simply by having a bunch of resources banked from old content), but that’s been the case with pretty much every level-cap increase so no reason to think it’d be any different this time.

My expectation is that they’ll keep the basic command tokens as is so people can easily buy in on the new tier-1 gear and then have a new currency in place of UCs that drops from disintegrating the command crate drop items so you can buy up the higher tier items you don’t get as drops.

Damask_Rose
04.22.2019 , 11:00 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeerastul View Post
Will we be getting more old companions back IE Kira, Rishi etc
Risha is already back. We are missing Kira, Scourge, Tharan and Zenith. Possibly Khem-Zash. I'd like to get Vic back, but I don't think that's likely.

I wish they'd put all of the class restricted ones on the terminal. The idea was brought up when they first stared doing class limited alerts. Eric said he'd bring the idea to the team, but he never got back to us the players.

Zeerastul
04.23.2019 , 02:05 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Risha is already back. We are missing Kira, Scourge, Tharan and Zenith. Possibly Khem-Zash. I'd like to get Vic back, but I don't think that's likely.

I wish they'd put all of the class restricted ones on the terminal. The idea was brought up when they first stared doing class limited alerts. Eric said he'd bring the idea to the team, but he never got back to us the players.
Khem Vale is back, my Inquisitor found him in the jedi siege

kathmondar
04.23.2019 , 08:28 PM | #104
New skills for new level cap is A-OK!

What I really would love to see (need to see) is a skill squish please!!! At the very least, it looks like it'd be quite simple to just have proficiency skills replace base class skills. For example, on my Vigilance Guardian there is no reason to use Slash in my rotation once Overhead Slash is given. It's even in the name! Just replace Slash!

I do not mind having more skills/skillbars than ESO or GW2 (or WoW at this point) but please, snipping off redundancies and making the bars cleaner and easier to navigate is needed.

Resputin
04.23.2019 , 09:44 PM | #105
Please look at the gearing system in multiple ways. So far in Swtor we had gearing systems from Operations, PVP with expertise, Command Boxes, and now weekly missions. I honestly dont thing any of these ways to get gear is all that bad. The issue is when you only make it one way. I would suggest making every way possible to grind. Does that mean players will get gear faster? Sure but honestly who cares. It might slow down player to only have one system but the trade off is players enjoying the way they acquire gear. I would put in a gearing system that allows top end gear come from operations, pvp, and command crates. If you want to put in a weekly mission to make players go to your new planet that is fine too. But a lot of different ways is the key. Also please dont put in different gear for PVP and PVE. Making players who enjoy both aspects gearing two sets is painful.

Typhaos
04.27.2019 , 08:04 AM | #106
Cheers, Bioware, you made me subscribe again.
I'm waiting for Dantooine and the new expansion.

Damask_Rose
04.29.2019 , 09:07 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeerastul View Post
Khem Vale is back, my Inquisitor found him in the jedi siege
JUS has the return for Khem, but not Khem-Zash, the version you get if you chose to let Zash take over Khem's body.

Tonguepunch
05.05.2019 , 02:02 PM | #108
All I want is to acquire gear that is BIS for PVP by doing WARZONES, NOT PVE grinds. If that means bringing back pvp gear then so be it. Flame me if you wish but the gearing system just prior to Jedi Under Siege was the best gearing system to date.

Quote: Originally Posted by SiegePro View Post
the CXP system was actually reasonably solid for an endgame gearing system that allows everyone to eventually gain BiS gear by various means.
Keyword: WAS

I do NOT wish to obtain PVP gear by doing PVE things.

Quote: Originally Posted by lord-angelus View Post
Every gear system you implement made it worse than before.
What was wrong with the about the gearing system just prior to Jedi Under Siege??? You could be rewarded for doing content that you personally found satisfying and were not forced to do PVE daily grinds. If anything I think the Ossus grind for gear is the worst system to date.

Quote: Originally Posted by Resputin View Post
Please look at the gearing system in multiple ways. So far in Swtor we had gearing systems from Operations, PVP with expertise, Command Boxes, and now weekly missions. I honestly dont thing any of these ways to get gear is all that bad. The issue is when you only make it one way. I would suggest making every way possible to grind. Does that mean players will get gear faster? Sure but honestly who cares. It might slow down player to only have one system but the trade off is players enjoying the way they acquire gear. I would put in a gearing system that allows top end gear come from operations, pvp, and command crates. If you want to put in a weekly mission to make players go to your new planet that is fine too. But a lot of different ways is the key. Also please dont put in different gear for PVP and PVE. Making players who enjoy both aspects gearing two sets is painful.

Well said Resputin

Also increase frame rate in warzones.

Darth_Sidewinder
05.15.2019 , 04:14 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
JUS has the return for Khem, but not Khem-Zash, the version you get if you chose to let Zash take over Khem's body.
Did you play that part with your inquisitor who had picked that option? What happened, did you just get "normal" Khem, or you didn't get him at all?
I have always been advocating for Mon Calamari Imperial Agents.
"Mwa ha ha, you fools, IT all was A TRAP!!!"

UmbralSpirit
06.06.2019 , 10:23 AM | #110
How much are you going to mess up companions?