**** they have big beavers on Voss

What the ...?

https://i.imgur.com/tgmRH1r.jpg

The beavers(1) this implies are a bit scary.

(1) Many many moons ago, the late Mrs Cynic and I lived on the edge of Nashua, in New Hampshire, and within walking distance of our apartment, there was a small lake, with the stumps of trees about 6-8 inches across cut down by beavers. They looked just like the picture, except much smaller.

Are you sure it's beavers?

It could be an infestation of giant galactic saber-toothed Kowakian monkey-lizards. :eek:

- had it not been you posting, Mr. Cynic. I'd be reluctant to follow such a link :) just in case it was NSFW.

@)

Edited by Storm-Cutter

I just wonder when beavers in their own right became a symbol of eroticism. Is this an American thing, or an English language thing?

I would have said that It's an American thing, although I don't remember it being *common* in America in the 1980s.

EDIT: that may be age taking its toll on my memory, or it may be a consequence of living for most of those years in my parents' house.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Here's the best answer I found on the interwebz:

Not sure how true this is, but it sounds good....?

I'll be damned...this is one of the most fascinating things I've learned in the past decade...

I get the feeling some posts got cleansed lol, there are some quotes not making a lot of sense.

Whenever people start talk of beavers it always makes me think of this song

Though really, they are a real nuisance sometimes... couple years ago a beaver built a dam behind our neighbour's boat overnight so he couldn't launch it in the morning (dam that's a Canadian sounding sentence if there ever was one...)

I get the feeling some posts got cleansed lol, there are some quotes not making a lot of sense.

Whenever people start talk of beavers it always makes me think of this song

Though really, they are a real nuisance sometimes... couple years ago a beaver built a dam behind our neighbour's boat overnight so he couldn't launch it in the morning (dam that's a Canadian sounding sentence if there ever was one...)

My thought is the 1st Naked Gun movie, with a certain complement and visual gag.