Let each failed r/e add up 10%-20% chance for learning schematic from the item.

Alec_Fortescue

I am unfuriated now because I spent well over 20 million and dozens of hours in the past weeks trying to get that one Skill Armoring 26 schematic. I r/ed well over a dozen, always having a 20% tooltip. I was so dedicated I was camping GTN to find the ones that are r/eable and bought them. I have most of the grade 26 armoring schematics (all 26 hilts, enhancement, barrel on the other toons...) and I just need to complete my collection. However losing 20 million credits and not getting the desired schematic is really frustrating. 20% is like 1 in 5 chance. I r/ed about 12-20 of them at this stage... :'(

Please change schematic learning system in future content! Asap... Before more of my credits will go to waste... I can't stop, I am addicted to learning schematics!

20 million credits is an abstraction to most of the players...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I am unfuriated now because I spent well over 20 million and dozens of hours in the past weeks trying to get that one Skill Armoring 26 schematic. I r/ed well over a dozen, always having a 20% tooltip. I was so dedicated I was camping GTN to find the ones that are r/eable and bought them. I have most of the grade 26 armoring schematics (all 26 hilts, enhancement, barrel on the other toons...) and I just need to complete my collection. However losing 20 million credits and not getting the desired schematic is really frustrating. 20% is like 1 in 5 chance. I r/ed about 12-20 of them at this stage... :'(

Please change schematic learning system in future content! Asap... Before more of my credits will go to waste... I can't stop, I am addicted to learning schematics!

20 million credits is an abstraction to most of the players...

Well to start with if you bought 12-20 26 Armoring for totally 20 mill you prob the luckiest guy in the game, second if you have ALL THE OTHER 26 schematics money should not be an issue for you..

I was going to write more but just cant be bothered....

Recently it is an issue because there is less people in the game and most current players got their stuff already. I hope grade 26 gear will go hot at 1.4 as many people will come back into the game and will require to gear up quickly/gear their alts without ops grinding. 20 million takes me about a week to get but i am not playing to get credits but all schematics. That's my objective in the game. And in this thread i express my wish that upon each failed r/e attempt, the next one should have decreased fail chance... It's logical, like we've learnt from the previous r/e.

• 6 months later...
I see what he is saying and agree. There should be some sort of progression with each failed attempt. Whether it is +1%-10% that all sounds fair to me.

No. The way it is now helps keep these items (and all r/e'd items) valuable. I'm as frustrated as the next person when I have an unlucky run, but I make a fortune once I hit and I want my $$$$$$$$ :D

So says the credit horders lol... great attitude buddy. Real ray of sunshine. I just don't see why someone who has attempted the same thing dozens of times shouldn't be given a higher chance of 1%. 80 attempts sounds like you deserve it lol Edited by chriscshunter

First let me just say right now, that while I have a cybertech I have NONE of the high level schematics and I have little interest in acquiring them because of the amount of time it would involve - I have a life outside of SWTOR and do not do many operations and do not make millions of credits every week to spend on the chance to RE and get a schematic. Basically this is coming from someone who does not make money off these schematics.

now that you understand where I am coming from...

The problem is that you are looking at the situation locally instead of globally - if YOU have an increased chance of success then so does EVERYONE else. Allowing this would quickly result in devaluation of the product in question. The most common reason players want a particular schematic is so that they can reap the benefits of high value. Even if you do not care about the GTM value, many other players do and you have to take their situation/feelings into account. If you make it easier to acquire then more players will have it resulting in an increase in supply. Without an equal increase in demand, value goes down and eventually the incentive to acquire a given schematic is no longer present.

Furthermore, the OP is obviously a completionist (someone who wants every schematic just because...). To you I say, having every schematic except one would satisfy 99.999% of the population. You need to take a step back and re-evaluate your purpose here.

I can see where it honestly shouldbt be added to the game but it would be nice maybe as a small 1 or 2 % buff that stacked up to give you a total chance or 30 to 35 %, maybe with a three hour duration

:rak_03:

and people would say 35 pct chanc3 isnt good enough ...or that its broken...or that its not like some other game....or........well you get the picture